Author Topic: AFL putting spies amongst the Richmond cheer squad [merged]  (Read 8434 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: AFL putting spies amongst the Richmond cheer squad [merged]
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2019, 10:27:08 PM »
 ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2019, 12:13:40 AM »
AFL boss Gillon McLachlan has apologised to fans who have felt intimidated by security guards at matches.

McLachlan met with Marvel Stadium chief Michael Green on Monday to discuss what measures would be adjusted to calm irate fans.

In an exclusive interview with the Herald Sun, Mr McLachlan said: “It hurts me that our fans are feeling intimidated at our games.

“I’m sorry they are feeling intimidated. If people are feeling threatened we obviously will listen ... I’m appalled.

“It hurts me to hear our administration is not looking after the fans.’’

Mr McLachlan will hold a press conference on the issue, which has provoked widespread uproar.

Read more: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-chief-gillon-mclachlan-says-sorry-to-footy-fans-uncomfortable-with-security-presence/news-story/e8af6891eca964c7616ef68cdbb5d341

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2019, 06:41:06 AM »
yes Gill. Arguably the biggest flog to ever run a sporting competition.

How has the game improved under his watch??

Its no wonder they are seeking our gale out, because this guy cant run a chook raffle let alone the afl.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »
The rot started with Vlad....Gilligan was his protégé.....will Gale break the cycle? If one of the changes you're hopng for is an end the AFL thinking it's a vehicle for social change and a disease of the week charity drive rather than just weekend entertaiment for the masses who follow footy as an escape from the problems of the week and the world instead being reminded of and lectured about them then I'm not sure he'll be the bloke considering he's been fairly big on all that at our club...... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2019, 03:32:33 PM »
Our club does to much on that stuff. Focus should be on club facilities, driving improvements in the football department and continuing to increase non football related revenue. On that front i was reading some online reviews about aligned leisure. Lots of improvement needed there based on what i read online.

Online Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2019, 04:24:27 PM »
The rot started with Vlad....Gilligan was his protégé.....will Gale break the cycle? If one of the changes you're hopng for is an end the AFL thinking it's a vehicle for social change and a disease of the week charity drive rather than just weekend entertaiment for the masses who follow footy as an escape from the problems of the week and the world instead being reminded of and lectured about them then I'm not sure he'll be the bloke considering he's been fairly big on all that at our club...... :shh

And how much is that driven by the AFL itself in making sure the clubs toe the corporate line??

Maybe we would be doing these things regardless or maybe we are going big to make sure we meet requirements of the politic bureau

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »
 Benny's big on activism and "community engagement"  - always has been....don't forget that he also used to be president of the AFLPA... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2019, 03:54:30 PM »
Richmond star Alex Rance earlier weighed in on the issue on Halftime believing there is a line where the AFL must not cross to override fan engagement.

“I think the AFL in having such a big influence on week to week events currently, it’s probably something Gil needs to have a look at,” Rance said.

“When the AFL becomes the spotlight, I think that’s when it becomes a bit of an issue and it needs to be addressed – maybe they’re doing too much.

“The fan engagement is a really interesting piece because you don’t want to deter people from coming to the football and being emotional because that what makes the game so great.

“Obviously there’s a line and you have to think about families and things like that too.

“So it’s a tough one to make a call on, but Gil and his team are a smart enough body to work it out.”

https://www.sportsradio.com.au/afl-greats-weigh-in-on-gillon-mclachlan-crowd-action/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2019, 03:40:26 PM »
Mick Warner on 3aw claimed the AFL's delayed response to this supporter furore was due to Gill being on holiday in Hawaii and the AFL hiding it from the public until Gill returned to Oz.