Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Round 13, 2019  (Read 11342 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval - Round 13, 2019
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2019, 03:24:39 AM »
Team Stats:

Disposals:   358 - 427  ( contested: 121 - 161 )
Clearances:   24 - 48   ( centre: 6 - 18; stoppages: 18 - 30 )
Inside 50s:    48 - 61   ( marks F50: 8 - 12 )
Tackles:        89 - 56
Hitouts:        22 - 62
Frees:          11 - 17

Individual possies:

Martin   32
Prestia  29
Vlastuin 24
Houli     23
Ellis      23
Graham 23
Stack     22
Naish     19
Baker     16
Higgins   14
Castagna 14
Grimes    13
Broad     13
Garth     13
Butler     11
Kmac      11
Menadue 11
Rioli        11
Lynch      11
Caddy     10
Chol        8
Balta       7

https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/13/adel-v-rich

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2019, 06:53:19 AM »
Easy to pick on Garth has no support around him what played 10 or 12 games.

No one is picking on him. He is uncompetitive against opposition key forwards and he probably doesnt have the athletic ability to play on smaller quicker forwards.
To put it simply atm he is struggling to play at this level. Maybe he is just a VFL standard player and thats ok. There is nothing wrong with that.

Offline TigerRocket

• Future Richmond star
  • Tigers 4 Ever
Tiger Respect - another Benchmark at Adelaide Oval
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2019, 08:57:54 AM »
I continue to be impressed with the quality of our football club and the players that represent it week-in week-out. A further example happened last night when Josh Jenkins obviously injured hi knee in terrible fashion whilst going for the ball. Our players, led by Grimes, went over to him after the game and offered their condolences one-on-one. We did this for Conca a few years ago but he was a Tiger player, I just hope the gesture of sportsmanship was not lost of th Adelaide supporters, we set the benchmark in this competition for sportsman like behaviour (even the high five by Stack to Eddie after a sensational goal was an example of sportsmanship that should be rewarded not criticised). If we see more examples of this on the field perhaps crowd behaviour might be a wee bit more balanced .... take note AFL.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Respect - another Benchmark at Adelaide Oval
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2019, 10:00:37 AM »
I continue to be impressed with the quality of our football club and the players that represent it week-in week-out. A further example happened last night when Josh Jenkins obviously injured hi knee in terrible fashion whilst going for the ball. Our players, led by Grimes, went over to him after the game and offered their condolences one-on-one. We did this for Conca a few years ago but he was a Tiger player, I just hope the gesture of sportsmanship was not lost of th Adelaide supporters, we set the benchmark in this competition for sportsman like behaviour (even the high five by Stack to Eddie after a sensational goal was an example of sportsmanship that should be rewarded not criticised). If we see more examples of this on the field perhaps crowd behaviour might be a wee bit more balanced .... take note AFL.
:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2019, 11:10:34 AM »
They went over to him and asked him to do that trick he did again...but he couldn't get up his knee was sore but he saved the game for em with 2 seconds to go with his sacrifice
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2019, 11:46:03 AM »
Tine to chill out and enjoy the week off.  We will still make the 8.  Won't win the flag but there are some young players coming through
I reckon the club will be investing in a mature age ready to go ruckman and 2 inside mids in the trade period. 

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2019, 12:12:57 PM »
Real positive for this year has been Stack. Really impressed by him. Also impressed by our tackling which has been good. I can not remember a time when we have had so many injuries. It is quite incredible that we managed to stay so close to an almost full strength Adelaide side at their home ground. Adelaide were only missing two players. We were missing 8 in the top 13 of the best and fairest count. With that many injuries to so many quality players you cannot expect that it won't impact on performance. Hopefully we have no more injuries and start to get players back. If Garthwaite had the support of Astbury and Rance then the situation would be a hell of alot different He is very inexperienced and he is being allocated the monster forward. Hopefully he gains valuable experience and uses that experience to become a good player for us.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2019, 12:34:12 PM »
 Its good to see people coming around to this year being an educational and development year for our younger players. Its always been the case with the injuries that have occured.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2019, 01:14:42 PM »
Real positive for this year has been Stack. Really impressed by him. Also impressed by our tackling which has been good. I can not remember a time when we have had so many injuries. It is quite incredible that we managed to stay so close to an almost full strength Adelaide side at their home ground. Adelaide were only missing two players. We were missing 8 in the top 13 of the best and fairest count. With that many injuries to so many quality players you cannot expect that it won't impact on performance. Hopefully we have no more injuries and start to get players back. If Garthwaite had the support of Astbury and Rance then the situation would be a hell of alot different He is very inexperienced and he is being allocated the monster forward. Hopefu batlly he gains valuable experience and uses that experience to become a good player for us.
[/b]

Well said mate people a blind as a bat some here kids played what 12 games his playing on monster forwards it's a learning curve for him with no support around him to no idea some here.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2019, 01:18:19 PM »
Easy to pick on Garth has no support around him what played 10 or 12 games.

No one is picking on him. He is uncompetitive against opposition key forwards and he probably doesnt have the athletic ability to play on smaller quicker forwards.
To put it simply atm he is struggling to play at this level. Maybe he is just a VFL standard player and thats ok. There is nothing wrong with that.

Mate we got bigger issues then a young 2 year KP player playing on monster forwards with no support at all and still learning and developing.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2019, 01:22:15 PM »
I reckon Garthwaite had 6 or 7 kicked on him tonight.
And the previous 2 weeks have been terrible too.
I know he is young, bla, bla, bla, he was non competitive.
If he is our next KPD in line after Rance and Astbury, we are in serious trouble.

He was as bad as it gets IMO.

Mate look at the facts tho were is the support tho Dave ,Rance  were depleted were telling him to play on monster forwards while still developing bit unrealistic.Does Dave look like the player without support around him.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2019, 01:23:35 PM »
I actually thought we’d be thrashed from the beginning of the game. So to only be 4 points down with all the momentum 10 minutes into the last was quite pleasing especially with so many youngsters in the team. 

I’d say that even though we were completely smashed in contested possession I am somewhat pleased with the application of the team in keeping with our team standards of pressure.

Not great but a pretty good performance interstate.

The club that keeps giving.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2019, 01:25:15 PM »
People a missing the facts for me a lot of our senior players out there letting us down with there skills or turnovers or input that's the big issue for me.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2019, 01:32:27 PM »
People a missing the facts for me a lot of our senior players out there letting us down with there skills or turnovers or input that's the big issue for me.
It takes a mix of great players, good ordinary players and luck to win a premiership. Take out the luck and the great players and the good players just turn out to be ordinary.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2019, 03:51:33 PM »
I reckon Garthwaite had 6 or 7 kicked on him tonight.
And the previous 2 weeks have been terrible too.
I know he is young, bla, bla, bla, he was non competitive.
If he is our next KPD in line after Rance and Astbury, we are in serious trouble.

He was as bad as it gets IMO.

Mate look at the facts tho were is the support tho Dave ,Rance  were depleted were telling him to play on monster forwards while still developing bit unrealistic.Does Dave look like the player without support around him.
There have been times in the last 3 weeks where regardless of who is in the side or not, Garthwaite just had to spoil the footy and failed to do it.
Just because someone is young and inexperienced doesn’t mean they get let off for not being able to preform simple skills.
IMO he was as bad as it gets last night.