Author Topic: Hardwick's media conference 11-6-19 / Contested footy prob: we're working on it  (Read 1812 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma's presser today:

VIDEO: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-06-11/hardwick-previews-crows

-------------------------------------------

Hardwick touched on the contested ball issue that has plagued the Tigers in the last few weeks, losing the count by 22 against North Melbourne and 33 against Geelong.

"To be beaten in the contested manner again on the weekend was disappointing and to be fair, we are working on some things," Hardwick said.

"We understand what the problem is, we're just continuing to work through that part of our game to get a better result from that.

"That hopefully will take not as long as we think, if that makes sense, because it does take a bit of lag to catch up. We're understanding why the issues are occurring, we just need to continue working on a solution, which will take a little bit of time."

The coach said the contested ball problem was a combination of personnel and structure.

"[There are] some things that we're doing in our game that we're not doing to the level we'd like.

"Once again, we do realise this, we're training this and there is a little bit of time it takes to get these things ironed out. We're hoping it bounces back on Thursday night."

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Halfway through the season Richmond have the look of a side that will make the finals, but not much more.

"We have a style ... that we want to play," Hardwick said.

Only five Richmond players are yet to miss a game this season and Hardwick said continuity was another problem.

"We're confident our players and our system will stand up," Hardwick said.

"We'll continue to improve, we'll continue to train it and it's great test this week ... v Adelaide.

"It's a really good opportunity to stand up and show what makes us, us."

Hardwick added that contested ball is critical in the Adelaide Oval cauldron.

"Once again, it's all about execution ... the game's going to be one in the contest, especially at Adelaide Oval, (and) we have to make sure we get that part of our game right," he said.

"It hasn't been to the level we'd like the last two weeks; we have some work to do."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/tigers-expect-martin-to-face-crows-in-afl/3369392e-449d-4efd-bd5f-dfd7afba8a74

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
contested ball issue has plagued us all yr not just the last two weeks. the only games we have won the c/b count is sydney and hawthorn.

winning has papered over the cracks for some it seems.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
There's at least one crack that wasn't papered over nearly enough!     :-\
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
We were made to look insipid by the Roos. Enough said.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Picking pea hearts isn’t going to help you win contested ball Dimma.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
I hope he has the tank for it but if dusty is able to spend most of the time in the middle we’re a chance for an upset here. The man can dominate the contest and the centre

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I hope he has the tank for it but if dusty is able to spend most of the time in the middle we’re a chance for an upset here. The man can dominate the contest and the centre

I admire your positivity but we have no chance tonighf

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Yeah I've already started applying the lube.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Our contested game is a problem and we're working on it..."

By bringing in Menadue & Ellis to replace Cotchin & Townsend?  :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
"Our contested game is a problem and we're working on it..."

By bringing in Menadue & Ellis to replace Cotchin & Townsend?  :shh
He didn't say he'd solved the problem.....  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
That's not even "working on it" :shh :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Even Menadue can get more contested possessions than Towner's most recent effort.....and I like Towner :shh Pretty hard to mount an argument for a guy who touched the ball 3 times against the Cats.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Started to come good in the last quarter when he got angry...wet conditions would suit him, sight of him probably still traumatises Adelaide.....though I'd actually rather bring in Weller and play him in the guts than either of them...and I think Weller's a dud... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Good to be back in the old days of swooning for some hard at it momentum killers...:shh

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"