Author Topic: Benny Gale expected to replace Gill McLachlan as AFL CEO in 2021: Sheahan (SEN)  (Read 887 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mike Sheahan says there’s an expectation that Gillon McLachlan will step aside from his position as AFL CEO at the conclusion of next year.

McLachlan replaced Andrew Demetriou as the league's CEO in April 2014 and is understood to be contracted until the end of 2020.

The veteran AFL journalist expects Richmond CEO Brendon Gale to replace the incumbent AFL boss.

When posed the question regarding McLachlan’s successor on SEN Breakfast, Sheahan replied: “Probably Brendon Gale … but you won’t know what the commission are thinking on this front.

“I think there’s an expectation that at the end of next year, he would move on.

“I don’t think there’s anyone in AFL House at the moment that would succeed Gillon.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/06/14/is-gillon-mclachlan's-time-as-afl-ceo-coming-to-an-end/

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Any inanimate object could replace Gillon McLachlan and represent a significant upgrade, Why do we have to lose our CEO?
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
As much as I want Benny to stay with the club, do we have to wait until
2021?

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Any inanimate object could replace Gillon McLachlan and represent a significant upgrade, Why do we have to lose our CEO?

A veritable mazo de polo.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Because its a clear promotion for Brendon and he will earn more money. It will also allow him to one day return to Richmond as President of our football club.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland

Because its a clear promotion for Brendon and he will earn more money. It will also allow him to one day return to Richmond as President of our football club.

If you truly love something set it free.
If it comes back it was always yours.
If it doesn’t it’s name was Kevin Sheesy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:42:36 PM by Dont Argue »