Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG, Round 1, 2020  (Read 14815 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG, Round 1, 2020
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 05:34:38 PM »
Really looking forward to this now. Days are passing and we are getting closer.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 03:47:18 PM »
Toby Nankervis (groin surgery) and Jack Graham (shoulder reconstruction) are both on track to play in Round 1.

Source: Herald-Sun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The young guns primed for a Round 1 debut (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 03:39:11 AM »
Only 5 weeks until round 1  :thumbsup.

The young guns primed for a Round 1 debut

Jon Ralph
Herald Sun
13 February 2020

RICHMOND

Uncapped second-year midfielder Riley Collier-Dawkins has had a flawless pre-season after an excellent VFL finals series and is ready to take the next step, but competition for spots in the midfield has never been harder.

As the Tigers joked yesterday, they will likely find a spot for one-gamer Marlion Pickett, while marking tall Callum Coleman-Jones has taken another step after a single game in 2019.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/the-players-primed-for-a-round-1-debut-from-your-club/news-story/232edc8acea8e1be9b41ce9a586fbc27

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 02:44:08 PM »
Only two weeks to go  :gotigers.

Ultimate guide: Your club’s best 22 for Round 1

Jon Ralph
Herald Sun
5 March 2020

RICHMOND

B: Nathan Broad, Dylan Grimes, David Astbury

HB: Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short

C: Kane Lambert, Dion Prestia, Josh Caddy

HF: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Shai Bolton

F: Daniel Rioli, Tom Lynch, Jason Castagna

FOLL: Ivan Soldo, Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin

I/C: Liam Baker, Callum Coleman-Jones, Marlion Pickett, Sydney Stack

WHO MISSED OUT

Patrick Naish, Jack Graham, Ryan Garthwaite, Kamdyn McIntosh, Jack Ross, Tom Dow, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Jack Higgins, Oleg Markov, Toby Nankervis, Noah Balta, Mabior Chol,

RALPHY SAYS

Brandon Ellis’ spot is up for grabs and Toby Nankervis’ slow summer with groin issues means it remains to be seen whether the club plays two rucks in Round 1 against Carlton.

Otherwise the Tigers appear well settled given the kids didn’t really take their chances in the loss to Collingwood in Wangaratta.

Jack Higgins isn’t yet in the best 22 by Damien Hardwick’s own admission, while Marlion Pickett is now clearly in the best side after a summer franking his Grand Final performance with quality match simulation showings.

Ryan Garthwaite is the next cab off the rank should one of the key defenders go down.

Riley Collier-Dawkins was poor last week but has had a massive summer, while the club’s first pick from last November looked at home late in that game but when the sting was clearly out of the contest.

Josh Caddy continues to play half back and wing 18 months after his dominant season as a medium-sized forward, but with Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch as the key pillars there just isn’t a spot for him up forward.

The club has huge hopes for Callum Coleman-Jones as a ruckman and marking forward.

Some insiders at the club believe he is a huge chance to stay in the team in Round 1 as the third tall who also plays second ruck behind Soldo.

Meanwhile Noah Balta and Mabior Chol have huge talent but again will need to work their way into the side when injuries hit.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/ultimate-guide-check-out-what-your-clubs-round-1-team-could-look-like/news-story/2253ce361b81659e3a3c31c59ba460d8

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 08:19:30 PM »
Assuming Lambert and Bolts are okay  :pray and that Nank & Graham don't play as they haven't played any Marsh series games.

CCJ & Stack in the round 1 side for Nank & Ellis from the GF side.

B:    Broad      Astbury      Grimes
HB:  Houli       Vlastuin      Short       
C:    Caddy      Cotchin     Lambert
HF:  Bolton     Riewoldt     Rioli
F:    Castagna   Lynch     Martin
R:    Soldo      Prestia    Edwards
Int: Coleman-Jones, Baker, Stack, Pickett
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2020, 05:04:44 AM »
Blues fans' opinions on how they'll go against us in round 1 after Carlton coughed up a 4 goal lead to Brisbane yesterday to lose by 45 points.

Quote from: Rexy
Well, our form as a team is pretty ordinary at the moment.

You never know though...
Quote from: frank dardew
Terrible preseason form but it's that preseason
Having said that can't see us beating many teams without H or Charlie playing forward

Let's hope they lift but underwhelmed at the moment
Quote from: aboynamedsue
This could get ugly. Really ugly.
Quote from: Beijing Blue
Ouch!
Quote from: Geoff Southby
Tend to agree. Quite concerned.
https://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36801&sid=9fdb3ad4691152f7ac2592d40e34b1b9&start=60

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2020, 10:08:19 AM »
That’s pretty much this forum circa 2016 ......
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2020, 01:10:42 PM »
Assuming Lambert and Bolts are okay  :pray and that Nank & Graham don't play as they haven't played any Marsh series games.

CCJ & Stack in the round 1 side for Nank & Ellis from the GF side.

HB:  Houli       Vlastuin      Short       
C:    Caddy      Cotchin     Lambert
HF:  Bolton     Riewoldt     Rioli
F:    Castagna   Lynch     Martin
R:    Soldo      Prestia    Edwards
Int: Coleman-Jones, Baker, Stack, Pickett

I agree - same players but slightly different:
Vlastuin     Astbury    Grimes
Stack        Broard      Houli
Bolton       Pickett      Caddy
Edwards    Riewoldt   Rioli
Cstagna    Martin      Lynch
Soldo       Cotchin     Prestia

Lambert   Short   Baker   CCJ
 :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2020, 03:06:06 PM »
The Tigers now have an 11-day turnaround before the season opener and look likely to have their entire list available for selection.

"Toby Nankervis played full minutes yesterday in the VFL, Jack Graham and Kamdyn McIntosh also played some good minutes," Hardwick said.

"Kane Lambert had concussion today so he didn't play the remainder of the game, but other that than, I think we're a clean bill of health."

Source: AFL media

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2020, 08:36:35 AM »
I hope they nurse Graham. He's injury prone but key.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 08:42:09 AM »

This is why he is not my favourite player.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2020, 12:04:24 PM »
Yeah I hate him because he's hard at the football. What a wanker, trade him
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 01:11:20 PM »

This is why he is not my favourite player.

He isn't injury prone  >:(

Yeah I hate him because he's hard at the football. What a wanker, trade him

Yeah, you maybe right. Might be our only option. Two discolated shoulders...  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 02:11:11 PM »
HB:  Houli       Vlastuin      Stack       
C:    Caddy      Edwards     Lambert
HF:  Bolton     Lynch     Riewoldt
F:    Castagna   Martin     Rioli

R:    Soldo      Prestia    Cotchin

Int: Coleman-Jones, Baker, Short, Pickett

Honestly feel like we are spoiled for choice.

I'd be happy to see Dusty at FF, Lynch at CHF, Jack on a flank and pushing up the wing.

Not sure about Caddy and Lambert on the wings though...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Remarkable Richmond have everyone available for round one (Age)
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »
Remarkable Richmond have everyone available for round one

Jake Niall
The Age
11 March 2020

Premiership teams often carry surgeries and injuries into the following season but Richmond, remarkably, will enter the season with virtually no injuries and a full list, with the notable exception of retired champion defender Alex Rance.

At this stage, the Tigers expect to have every player – bar Rance – available for selection on their list for the season opener against Carlton, with recovering players Toby Nankervis and Jack Graham slated to play in a VFL practice game at Punt Rd on Friday.

Richmond's remarkable run with injury over the pre-season is somewhat of a contrast with the Blues, who will enter the season and the first game without key forwards Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay and with oft-injured tall defender Caleb Marchbank (knee) in doubt. Lachie Plowman (ankle and Sam Petrevski-Seton (quad) are listed as needing to undergo fitness tests.

For Carlton, the issue is not the number of injuries so much as the fact that they will not have either of their preferred key position forwards, and will rely on Mitch McGovern and possibly Levi Casboult to fill the breach, with Charlie Curnow expected to miss much of the opening half of the season due to a knee injury. McKay has a groin problem.

Richmond's Graham (shoulder) and Nankervis (adductor) are expected to play Coburg in a VFL practice match on Friday evening (7pm) at Pund Rd, along with Kamdyn McIntosh. Nankervis and Graham are still in the mix to play against the Blues in the AFL's season opener on March 19, with the Tigers having adopted a two-ruck set-up in their barnstorming run to the premiership last year, as Ivan Soldo and Nankervis formed a tandem.

Richmond's continued ability to keep most of their best team on the field has been instrumental in their run of success since 2017, the Tigers overcoming an early-season run of injuries last year – when Rance, then Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt were sidelined – then regained those players (Rance aside) for the final stretch of the home and away season and the finals.

Jack Higgins has recovered well from a worrisome head injury that included bleeding to the brain, having played at senior level in the Marsh series, but has little prospect of playing the Blues in the first game.

Second-year ruck Callum Coleman-Jones is also considered a chance to come in and play, depending on how Nankervis fares.

The Blues will bring in Gold Coast recruit Jack Martin, who can play a mix of forward and midfield. Martin showcased his considerable talent against the Brisbane Lions last Sunday night.

Former Saint Jack Newnes is a strong chance to make his debut for Carlton against Richmond.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/remarkable-richmond-have-everyone-available-for-round-one-20200311-p548yi.html