Author Topic: Thomson Dow [merged]  (Read 58141 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Thomson Dow [merged]
« Reply #330 on: March 31, 2024, 08:33:00 PM »
Think nearly all were better today but im with Tigeritis on this one.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: March 31, 2024, 08:58:35 PM »
Few nice things but still not convinced.

Keep giving him games though, no point ever naming guys like Prestia again.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #332 on: March 31, 2024, 10:42:18 PM »
Great game by his standards.....I'd keep playing him in the hope Aints pay overs for him to join his brother.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #333 on: March 31, 2024, 10:45:50 PM »
Comms said he was 20yo. Is he that young. If so I guess plenty of time to develop. I see more upside in McAuliffe types but happy to blood as many as possible and see who clicks.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2024, 10:47:49 PM »
Comms said he was 20yo. Is he that young. If so I guess plenty of time to develop. I see more upside in McAuliffe types but happy to blood as many as possible and see who clicks.

Been on the list since 2020...so unless we drafted him as a 15 year old, he ain't 20.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #335 on: April 01, 2024, 09:07:12 PM »
Doesn't have it. Nor does Sampson.

Trade.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: April 02, 2024, 06:45:57 AM »

Trade.

Ryan would have token interest at best. Dow maybe none
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 09:20:04 AM by Andyy »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: April 02, 2024, 07:24:44 AM »
I think Samson is worth another year but must start to play. I would be giving him a go before Kosi that's for sure

He looks like an absolute dud that bloke Kosi. He and Dow should be sold for some bbq shapes. Rubbish the pair of them.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: April 02, 2024, 06:03:11 PM »
Jeez people are impatient with young ruckmen - might as well bring in a rule that you can only draft them from the state leagues and not before they're 24.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: April 02, 2024, 07:14:00 PM »

Trade.

You’re not trading someone who doesn’t have it. You actually need something to trade.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2024, 07:28:02 PM »
Probably the right thread to be talking about Ryan because although a year behind they track very similar.

The big question is where is the steady improvement each year.

Dow the same criticisms.

Contested possesions and clearances remain average at best. Still not a big ball finder still lays few tackles and those he does are usually ineffective.
Couple all that with still a light frame lacks breakaway pace and it seems a motor at times is a one sided kick that is at best average.

Ihave to ask where has he improved maybe marginally in most things but not enough to warrant games imo.

Samson Ryan, its the same sort of questions .At the level he wins few hit outs no one would argue that he is so far behind Nankervis and Naismith in the ruck role it aint funny. I dont think he has improved in this at all. He does not take marks consistently very few contested marks, and not a lot of hit outs  so he is not offering much in the air. The worst of it is he continues to be easily pushed around when in contests.

He lays hardly any tackles wins few clearances and does not throw his body around. in fact so far he has been an almost total liabity when the ball hits the ground.

Its ironic  his first game he got 1 possesion his last game he got two.
That sort of reflects the lack of continual progression in a harsh sort of way.

Im all for playing younger blokes but there needs to be sort of reasonable contribution from them  most games we have played Samson so far we get so little.

Atm i dont think he is physically ready and i have grave concerns about weather he has the neccesary endevour for the game.
Play him in the two's and seek the right improvement in the areas he needs to improve.

Trade.

You’re not trading someone who doesn’t have it. You actually need something to trade.
There is always the one mans trash is another mans treasure theme. Just look at what we got for Vickery because the Hawks thought they could see something in him and could turn him around. Didn't work out too well for them . But there's always clubs willing to go down that path.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2024, 09:07:49 PM »
Jeez people are impatient with young ruckmen - might as well bring in a rule that you can only draft them from the state leagues and not before they're 24.... :shh

Funnily enough Isaac smith fully advocates for that (draft at 21/22-ish)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: April 02, 2024, 10:12:37 PM »

Funnily enough Isaac smith fully advocates for that (draft at 21/22-ish)

It's not the worst idea actually...... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2024, 08:43:08 PM »
He is not a professional AFL footballer, never was and never will be. He should be playing AFLW and thats probably being disrespectful to some of them.

He is a shocker and Yze is as well for picking him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2024, 08:48:10 PM »
As weak as I’ve ever seen. For someone who’s literally playing for their career he gives no where near enough effort