Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 51933 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 43: Noah Cumberland
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 05:12:48 AM »
Richmond’s National Recruiting Manager Matthew Clarke on Cumberland:

Brisbane Lions Academy forward Noah Cumberland was our second selection, taken at pick 43. He had a breakout season which included playing in the Lions' premiership winning NEAFL side. What else made Noah stand out?

"Noah’s a really powerful player. He’s a really strong-bodied kid, he likes to crash in and tackle and that’s exactly what we like in our footballers. He’s got some real skill too to kick some goals. So, we can see him playing as a forward and hopefully in time will go through the midfield."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-11-29/afl-draft-recap

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 05:46:18 AM »
AFL draft pick keen to show Lions what they missed out on 

Sunshine Coast Daily
30 November 2019

The Buderim 18-year-old was selected with the 43rd pick in the AFL Draft on Thursday night, sparking celebrations from the Maroochydore Roos product and his supporters.

"It's absolutely unreal," he said.

"I just saw my name on the screen and jumped up.

"I had a bit of a tear in my eye and it couldn't have been any better, being among family and friends.

"I've always had that dream of being a professional footy player and that dream has come true, so I'm looking forward to it."

An explosive runner with a damaging left foot kick, Cumberland is determined to make the most of the opportunity.

"I'm looking forward to getting down there (Melbourne) and just getting stuck in, getting myself fit and to have a crack next year and to meet all the players," he said.

"The goal is to train my butt off and be the best I can through pre-season and hopefully show the coaches what I'm made of and hopefully they select me, and I can go through the (pre-season) JLT Cup and get a senior gig.

"That's my dream for next year.

"I've been picked as a professional footy player so if I can better that by playing a senior game next year, there would be nothing better."

The midfielder/forward said his time at the Brisbane Lions Academy helped pave the way for his entry into the elite.

And the Lions had the chance to secure his services by matching the Tigers' bid at the AFL Draft, but they opted out.

Cumberland said "it's not a big issue" but also said it could come back to bite his former club.

"I'm very excited to go to Tigerland and at the end of the day I'm going to have to show them (the Lions) what they missed out on."

Cumberland started playing at the Roos in under-10s after moving from Victoria.

The Mountain Creek High product played in the Roos' senior team in the southeast Queensland Division 1 competition for the past two years, featuring in grand final-winning and losing teams.

Cumberland played for the Lions Academy during their premiership-winning NEAFL campaign, including the grand final.

He also impressed for the Allies (Queensland, NSW, ACT, NT and Tasmania) at the national under-18 championships, which earned him an invitation to the Draft Combine.

It was at the annual test among 79 prospects at Melbourne in October where he placed fifth in the 20m sprint (2.93sec) and eighth in agility (8.20sec).

His parents Jason and Jess have shared his journey to the AFL.

And dad's a renowned Collingwood fan but it seems he's had a change of loyalty of late, according to Noah.

"He's put on his yellow and black. He's switched. He's a Tiger," he said.

https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/teen-presses-for-game-time-after-becoming-a-tiger/3890938/

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 10:32:48 AM »
Good attitude. Thats a start.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 07:15:45 PM »
Yeah. Stick it right up them! MFs

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 09:29:39 PM »
A mate of mine knows this kid and his dad and says they are both as mad as cut snakes.
I like the sound of that.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:40:50 PM by big tone »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2019, 07:19:13 PM »

https://twitter.com/championdata

Cumberland in to replace Towner according to Champion Data.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/540344/cumberland-finds-his-way-back-to-melbourne?videoId=540344&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1575918000001&tagNames=afl&viewCountWindowSeconds=604800

The speedy left-footer is renowned for his tackling pressure and considers his contested ball-winning ability a feature of his game.

“It would be one of my best traits, winning my own ball, and that’s what I (pride) myself on,” Cumberland said.

Cumberland is confident his experience playing against bigger bodies in the NEAFL will hold him in good stead throughout his maiden season at Richmond.

“Playing with those boys and that level of footy with grown men, it makes you fit and that’s where you play your best footy,” he said.

With his first week at Tigerland now under his belt, Cumberland described his time so far in the Yellow and Black as “absolutely unreal”.

It was an action-packed opening week for Richmond’s five draftees, who took to the training track with their new teammates and enjoyed a hike in the Grampians with Tigers Jayden Short, Kamdyn McIntosh and Nick Vlastuin.

“(The hike was) really enjoyable, we got to know those three and (they) opened up (on being) a Richmond Man,” Cumberland said.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/540829/persistence-pays-off-for-cumberland

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »
If he turns out ti be a quicker, more versatile version of Townsend, he'll be quite the handy player... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 09:32:33 PM »
A bit like Stewy Maxfield?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2021, 09:10:15 PM »
AFL player manager Tim Hazell has issued updates on a host of unsigned players who are clients of Vivid Sport Management.

Speaking on AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Afternoons, Hazell gave the latest on the contractual situations of Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Richmond’s Noah Cumberland and St Kilda pair Jack Lonie and Paul Hunter.

Noah Cumberland (Richmond)

“Tim Batty looks after Noah and Tim’s having constant conversations with Blair (Hartley) and the Richmond footy club.

“Noah’s been really impressive in the back-half of this year. We hope that he gets another opportunity at Richmond.

“We’d like to think there’s going to be an opportunity there, other clubs have inquired, but we’re just trying to keep dialogue open with Richmond to see where that lands over the next week.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10/07/manager-gives-the-latest-on-unsigned-saints-magpie-tiger-and-giants-veteran/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 04:23:06 AM »
* Unlucky not to get a game last year. He's still uncontracted so we've just got to sit that one through trade (period).

- Blair Hartley.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond