Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 52291 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2023, 03:09:39 PM »
Interestingly Dane swan on front bar said something similar. Early in his career he played average in some game and got a massive spray. He confided in a team mate and was going “why did he go off at me in front of everyone at the meeting when there were half a dozen players which played worse than me.” Team mate said because you have e potential to be awesome and they don’t so mick is judging you harsher.

Rightly or wrongly that could be dimma’s approached to cummy?

Broadsword

« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2023, 05:20:56 PM »
Interestingly Dane swan on front bar said something similar. Early in his career he played average in some game and got a massive spray. He confided in a team mate and was going “why did he go off at me in front of everyone at the meeting when there were half a dozen players which played worse than me.” Team mate said because you have e potential to be awesome and they don’t so mick is judging you harsher.

Rightly or wrongly that could be dimma’s approached to cummy?
Sure, agreed, but Mick did it in the rooms; Dimma did it at the presser.

Dimma = back pocket plumber = can't appreciate his antithesis.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2023, 10:39:55 PM »
Is he contracted if not reckon he will look for greener pastures and there will be clubs who take him.

If im honest and im a small fwd with flair and a nose for goals then Richmond is the last place id want to go to.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2023, 01:10:25 PM »
Dimma was tough on 2 all time greats - Rance and Jack.
I know we are all doubting Dimma atm but this is a part of his coaching that I think he is a master.
LMFAO at the guy who thinks we should have him bag Mansell because he bags Cumberland.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2023, 03:36:30 PM »
The Negative: Quiet Cumberland

There is no doubting Noah Cumberland’s natural and raw ability as a forward.

He has a knack of kicking goals out of nothing and turning it on when the Tigers need a spark.

After kicking three goals in the opening quarter against Melbourne in Round 6, Cumberland has gone off the boil.

He had his moments early in the Gold Coast loss, but shanked his two first-quarter shots at goal, before dropping right off.

On Saturday, he had just two handballs before he was subbed out for Rhyan Mansell in the third term.

While Cumberland possesses some of the tools required to succeed at the elite level, he just needs to bridge the gap between his worst and best. A lot of that is between the ears.

Hopefully Hardwick can find a way to get more out of him because he can be a more than handy player in attack for the Tigers.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/08/overreactions-positives-negatives-and-undroppables-for-all-18-afl-teams8/

Offline PoppyTige

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2023, 06:50:53 PM »
I'm not giving up on Beaker yet.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2023, 07:49:27 PM »
I'm not giving up on Beaker yet.
Me either!  Muppet Labs approved ... *stamp ...      :thumbsup
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #352 on: May 22, 2023, 08:16:06 PM »
Quietly cracking a few cold ones tonight....:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: May 22, 2023, 08:18:12 PM »
Probably pretty happy.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: May 22, 2023, 08:32:47 PM »
Yep probably happy and part of me is happy for him.

Another bloke having his talent and instinct coached out of him. Hopefully not too late.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2023, 12:33:40 AM »
  :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2023, 01:24:15 AM »

Another bloke having his talent and instinct coached out of him. Hopefully not too late.

Being asked to pressure, tackle, defend and play selfless, team-first footy which was literally the core fundamentals of our 3 flags is having the talent and instinct coached out of you?  :huh

I hope for all our sakes that Cumbo can find the form of last season that had us all thinking we had a future star on our hands but this victim card that people keep wanting to play for him is way over the top.

Anyway, as much as I would have preferred Dimma see out this season atleast, I’m excited to see what a new head coach will bring out of Noah and other players who have been on the fringes.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2023, 09:55:24 AM »

Being asked to pressure, tackle, defend and play selfless, team-first footy which was literally the core fundamentals of our 3 flags is having the talent and instinct coached out of you?  :huh

I hope for all our sakes that Cumbo can find the form of last season that had us all thinking we had a future star on our hands but this victim card that people keep wanting to play for him is way over the top.

Anyway, as much as I would have preferred Dimma see out this season atleast, I’m excited to see what a new head coach will bring out of Noah and other players who have been on the fringes.

Whatever he has been asked to do he's not playing anywhere near the quality he was last year.

Maybe he had a purple patch, maybe the strategy of chaotic football just doesn't work anymore.

Broadsword

« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2023, 09:57:23 AM »
Suddenly, the Noah stuff doesn't seem particularly important.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2023, 09:43:26 PM »

...or perhaps not.... :facepalm
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.