Author Topic: Biggie Nyuon off to North for pick 65 [merged]  (Read 21351 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Biggie Nyuon off to North for pick 65 [merged]
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2019, 03:49:06 PM »
His rare athleticism shone at the Victorian Draft Combine where he tested quickest in the 20m sprint, recording 2.85 seconds. His vertical leap and agility were also in the elite bracket.

“I’d like to further develop my football as a backman and play a lockdown defender role,” he said.

“While also having the ability to run off and use my pace and speed to create movement from the back and open up the game a bit.”

Great news.
Hope he comes on quick and tales over from Grimes as the third tall.
Put Stack back to the other pocket and Grimes to HB and it's all perfect.

Strong, athletic backline with incredible speed in rebounding. Just what we need to revitalise.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2020, 02:48:07 PM »
Seems some you need a laugh in the wake Rance retirement beat-up///  so I give you the latest genius idea from the Astounding Mr.Magic (the BF legend not our resident Shank fanboy):

Play Biggie round one....

.... in the midfield.....

....tagging Cripps...

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2020, 07:57:53 PM »
FFS   ::)

Surely he’s having a laugh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2020, 03:16:07 AM »
History suggest he isn't.... :shh

..not sure about another master tactician over there who just said we should get Cameron.....and play him at CHB until Jack retires... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2020, 08:43:46 AM »
And Cripps would end up with an 80 possession game lol

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2020, 08:49:36 AM »
As much as I am bullish on Biggy's future until he builds his tank to go with his sprint and leap playing him at senior level is not an option this year unless injury's play a part.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »
Next Biggie thing: Saints could regret draft call

Sam Landsberger
Herald Sun
3 Dec 2019

The Sudanese refugee Richmond drafted from St Kilda’s Next Generation Academy has been hailed a brilliant athlete who has “just scratched the surface” of his football potential.

The Tigers secured 196cm defender Bigoa ‘Biggie’ Nyuon when the Saints declined to match their bid of pick No. 54 at Thursday night’s draft.

Rowville Secondary said the Saints “did a really good job” developing Nyuon, although come draft night they chose to take Gippsland Power midfielder Leo Connolly at No. 64 instead of Nyuon.

Nyuon – who has was four sisters and three brothers – was nicknamed ‘Biggie’ by his kindergarten teacher because he loved rapper Biggie Smalls.

The family fled to Australia when Nyuon was a toddler and all eight children were raised by single mother Mary in Cranbourne.

Bigoa Nyuon was drafted from St Kilda’s Next Generation Academy by Richmond. Picture: Tony Gough.

Nyuon excelled at athletics early when Mary decreed football too rough before she eventually let her son play for Hallam.

Older brother Gach spent 2016 on Essendon’s rookie list. Nyuon will join fellow Sudanese talent Mabior Chol at Punt Rd as they hope to join Aliir Aliir (Sydney) and Majak Daw (North Melbourne) as success stories.

“The Tigers have got a bloke who’s 201cm (listed at 196cm) and athletically through the roof,” Rowville football academy boss Darren Bewick said.

“He tested the fastest over the state and national combine for speed (20m in 2.85 sec), he’s got a great leap, he kicks the ball really well and I think we’ve just scratched the surface.

“He’s got all the attributes to be a really good player.”

The popular teenager returned to Rowville to address the Year 7-8 students on Friday.

“He’s a very likeable young man, a king down here, and he spoke about what it meant and how he got to speak to Dusty Martin that night,” Bewick said.

“The Tigers have got a ripper kid and I hope they’re able to furnish his ability. If they can they’re going to have a really, really good player.

“For him to be able to firstly come to this country as a (three-year-old) with eight brothers and sisters and his mum taking care of them all … and he’s never forgotten that, he’s really appreciative of people that help him along the journey.

“He’s a ripping kid. He’s taken on everything that’s been presented to him, and sometimes he’s needed a little bit of a push, like all boys, but he loves the game and loves the team aspect of it and it’s only going to hold him in good stead.

“His journey has just begun and I think it can really turn into a really special one.”

Saints NGA manager Jack Henty spoke to Rowville regularly and helped get Nyuon to school for early study sessions every Thursday.

“The Saints were fantastic,” Rowville sports academy director Craig Jamieson said.

“I spoke to Jack once every couple of weeks and we met with Biggy every three or four weeks checking on how he was going with his subjects.”

Nyuon will join fellow Rowville alumni Jon Patton (Hawthorn), Hayden Crozier (Western Bulldogs), Tom North (Fremantle), Taylor Garner (North Melbourne), Taylin Duman (Fremantle), Jack Maibaum (Sydney) and Sam Hayes (Port Adelaide) on an AFL list in 2020.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-draftee-bigoa-nyoun-tipped-to-make-saints-regret-letting-him-slip-to-tigers/news-story/b726af9edba3a1100c88692475f3fdc5

How is Chol a success story hes done virtually nothing at AFL level.

Daw has been at NM  for a whopping 10 yrs drafted 2010 i believe for a paltry 50 games.
Aliir was drafted back in 2013 and played 50 games.

Chol was as skinny as and is till undersized what 5 yrs on.
The other three were all around 86 87 kg when drafted. Nyuon will take a few yrs to bulk and be ready to compete but he does have a good footy grounding.
Bit of a worry though that the saints didnt see enough in him to warrant such a late pick.

Having said that i like the pick nothing to lose here and an awful lot to gain if it works out.
If hes a kpd and things do work out we will have two very athletic quick kpds in him and Balta. Heres hoping for both of them.
And lets be honest with Rance gone and Astbury pushing toward 30 we will need em to push on.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »
To early and to soon what I like about him gas good footy traits.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
Richmond's Bigoa Nyuon has been banned for two matches for headbutting Box Hill's Michael Hartley during a VFL practice match on Sunday, March 28.

Nyuon's teammate Mabior Chol was also in trouble during the game, charged and fined for being the instigator of a melee.

Charges Laid:

Bigoa Nyuon, Richmond
, has been charged for Headbutting Box Hill Hawks player Michael Hartley during the third quarter of a VFL Practice Match between Richmond and the Box Hill Hawks on Sunday 28 March at the Swinburne Centre.

Based on the available video evidence and medical report, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Medium Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a three match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty.

The player accepted a two match suspension.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/574154/big-tiger-ousted-two-games-for-vfl-headbutt

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2021, 07:24:53 PM »
Good
Play hard young man

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2021, 07:30:02 PM »
Would have been impressed if Chol had done the headbutting, he doesn't show nearly enough aggression from the games he has played at the top level so far.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2021, 08:59:18 AM »
Hartley is a tosser so good on him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2021, 03:14:52 PM »
"For those asking about Biggie- he has re-signed with Richmond he just hasn’t said for how long - I am guessing 2yrs but when I asked him he said he has signed on"

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-talk-pt-5.1289189/post-72638469

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2021, 05:04:39 PM »
Will be moved to the rookie list along with Cumberland. Biggie has the scope to be a long term player however needs further education on the key back position. I think Cumberland is lucky to get a rookie position.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2021, 05:22:03 PM »
"For those asking about Biggie- he has re-signed with Richmond he just hasn’t said for how long - I am guessing 2yrs but when I asked him he said he has signed on"

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-talk-pt-5.1289189/post-72638469

well that didnt age all that well :)