Author Topic: Lack of skills, lack of confidence.  (Read 893 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Lack of skills, lack of confidence.
« on: April 19, 2006, 06:33:35 PM »
I can't believe the way we are playing at the moment. I can now say I have watched every other team play and we are the worst by far. Even Hawthorn and Collingwood are killing us. We are not in the same league. We came close to the Saints but lets face it, That was not one of their better games.
You can tell that the players are down in confidence and are not prepared to back themselves and go for the first option. The skill errors at times are worse than some Auskickers. I hear opposition fans laughing at some of the things we are doing.

Kane Johnson is not a natural leader and he is one of the worst when it comes to disposal of the ball atm. A captain should be setting an example not kicking to a 3rd option 3 on one or continually handpassing to players under pressure. I still maintain that Johnson has never been a matchwinner and he never will be. He may be a good clubman and has a good work ethic but his skills frankly suck! He needs to be a General, not a private. I have been continually one of his critics and I have kept quiet until now but he is still not leading us in the right direction and it is killing us.

Our backline is now an absolute toilet of an arrangement due to injuries so I really can't see us winning soon. Brisbane are crap also atm and i fear we will go down to them but I hope I'm wrong. Even the D's who haven't won one either are playing better footy than us. Honestly, If we don't improve against Brisbane, Carlton will also give us a towelling.

Cogs= speedhump
Johnson= dud
Backline= Goooone
AK= out of position
Tambo= another year
Richo= still Richo
Simmo= One of our best
Browny= still in recovery
Lids= class above the rest
Tuck= Another of our best
Raines= promising
Paddy= bit of a surprise packet
Petts= still waiting for a big one

Hoping for improvement in the next few rounds but realistically not expecting to much.

Roll on superdraft

Offline General Disregard

• Future Richmond star
  • Forward !!! he cried from the rear
Re: Lack of skills, lack of confidence.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 06:49:16 PM »
Only the US Air Force would miss more targets than the Tigers at the moment
:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Please please please

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 07:09:02 PM »
Next 4 weeks will show where we really are at as we're playing sides that would be around our mark - Bris, Carl, Ess and Syd  . If we struggle in most of these then it's going to be a long year. Just more ammo to offload those not up to it and hello superdraft. We know we're not good enough. Our senior core is mostly old with the game gone past them and our young players aren't ready.

We've so far played arguably 3 of the top 4-5 sides in the comp so apart from the bullies debacle where we just gave up, being 0-3 at this time isn't unexpected. I was surprised we got that close to the Saints and in hindsight we should/could have won without those injuries but at this time of year all clubs are still coming off different preparations. By rounds 8-10 you start to see who is really genuine. Let's see how Coll, Carl and Haw are travelling then and who they have beaten. Only the Hawks win against the Cats stands out so far but even when they've been crap over recent years they have had a great record at Kardinia Park for some reason.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline General Disregard

• Future Richmond star
  • Forward !!! he cried from the rear
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:19:40 PM »
If we stop the 8 or more clangers that directly result in 8 goals against us, and at the same time go forward and kick even 4

The results would be much closer either way. We can't afford to gift the opposition easy goals because we are going forward and

some nong Ie #32 gives up easy ball, leaving their forwards unmanned

This isn't that different a side that won 7 out of the first 9 last year

Let's get back on the MCG asap.
:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Please please please

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 05:34:26 AM »
If we stop the 8 or more clangers that directly result in 8 goals against us, and at the same time go forward and kick even 4

We did it again last night. After quarter time we dominated large portions of the game but we still gave up too many soft goals. Once the ball escaped our forward line, it was run up the other end for a goal scoring opportunity to the Blues. Thankfully they stuffed up as much as we did.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd