Author Topic: Tambling's fumblings.  (Read 1161 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Tambling's fumblings.
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »
Does it worry anyone else that this kid is continuously second grabbing at the ball and fumbling all over the place even when the ball is on the deck and he is meant to be in his element?

I don't think its a lack of co-ordination issue. It could just be that he lacks the confidence in his slight frame to really comit himself to put his head over the ball and as he gets bigger and stronger he'll have more confidence to put his body behind the footy and pick it up cleanly but at the moment he looks like a  MEGA soft kok.

Tambling has talent, his disposal is decent, his pace is good, he knows how to find a bit of the footy, but his fumbling infuriates me. It's almost Leon Davis like.

What are your thoughts? Will he ever overcome the fumbling? Is it a cause for concern?

Offline General Disregard

• Future Richmond star
  • Forward !!! he cried from the rear
Re: Tambling's fumblings.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:27:36 PM »
I really hope Tambling gets over his confidence issues too, I'm sure that is all it is, he doesn't infuriate me as much as #32

It must be hard for Richard when Lids has got off to such a flier, but we can't wait forever, I'm still waiting for Krak to live

up to his "potential"
:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Please please please

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:32:54 PM »
I'm still waiting for Krak to live up to his "potential"

roflmaOooo, good luck with that one GD.

I gave up on Krak a while ago. I think I've even gotten over bagging him.

Offline General Disregard

• Future Richmond star
  • Forward !!! he cried from the rear
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 08:38:58 PM »
Well I'm not holding my breath mate :sleep :sleep :sleep
:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Please please please

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 05:35:16 AM »
Does it worry anyone else that this kid is continuously second grabbing at the ball and fumbling all over the place even when the ball is on the deck and he is meant to be in his element?

I don't think its a lack of co-ordination issue. It could just be that he lacks the confidence in his slight frame to really comit himself to put his head over the ball and as he gets bigger and stronger he'll have more confidence to put his body behind the footy and pick it up cleanly but at the moment he looks like a  MEGA soft kok.

Tambling has talent, his disposal is decent, his pace is good, he knows how to find a bit of the footy, but his fumbling infuriates me. It's almost Leon Davis like.

What are your thoughts? Will he ever overcome the fumbling? Is it a cause for concern?

I wouldn't go comparing him to old duckeggs  :rollin but I think when Blingers does spill a mark or needs to second grab on the deck he's spent the footy before he's got hold of it properly. Agree it's a mixture of lack of confidence with his size and trying to adjust from second division NT U18 footy to AFL standard as well as trying to do everything at full throttle a lot of the time. Often the spills IMO occur when it's straightforward. Maybe moments of lack of concentration too. In time as he learns and gains experience at this level Tambo will be ok.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 01:32:05 PM »
Massive question marks.

Severly lacks composure and awareness.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 01:47:54 PM »
As a person who has been a pessimist a long time in terms of our playing stocks Im not ready to give up Tambling just yet. However it is true that Tambling is the type of player who would star in a good team, in a bad team- like ours he will struggle. The kid improved last week. Theres plenty worse than Tambling at the moment.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 07:55:14 PM »
Massive question marks.

Must disagree there. Grab a look at some of his U18 matches and you'll be eating humble pie.

Confidence is his issue at the moment. as soon as he fully adapts to life in the AFL he'll be on his way to becoming a great

blx

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 08:34:46 PM »
why all this stress about :

Tambling fumbling
Meyer not getting the ball
JON being too skinny
Patto not being too agile

etc etc etc .... its really not worth the "WORRY".

if by year 4 a junior doesnt START showing anything then i'd start gettin an itching trigger finger but until then its not worth the so called 'WORRY'

If they develop before then its a bonus, not a given.

dont "WORRY' people, its bad for your health  ;D

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 11:54:35 PM »
Massive question marks.

Must disagree there. Grab a look at some of his U18 matches and you'll be eating humble pie.

Confidence is his issue at the moment. as soon as he fully adapts to life in the AFL he'll be on his way to becoming a great

Go watch a Coburg game.

He can't even get a kick at Coburg
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 05:52:10 PM »
Massive question marks.

Extremely harsh.
I though he improved out of sight last week and played his best game so far for Richmond.

Bling has plenty of upside unlike the the other pretender mentioned in this thread.