Author Topic: Have you ever racially abused an aboriginal player at the footy?  (Read 5108 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Have you ever racially abused an aboriginal player at the footy?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 09:42:08 PM »
Interesting an ex Richmond player from the 90s and early 00's told me that the racial abuse that went on at that time was rampant an fairly unbridled from fans and other players especially.

So no wonder players like Goodes are out there fighting the good fight still, despite most (white) people claiming that racism finished in 1967 and all the snow flakes need to get over it.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 11:52:36 PM »
Interesting an ex Richmond player from the 90s and early 00's told me that the racial abuse that went on at that time was rampant an fairly unbridled from fans and other players especially.

So no wonder players like Goodes are out there fighting the good fight still, despite most (white) people claiming that racism finished in 1967 and all the snow flakes need to get over it.

fighting the good fight? :lol :lol What fight is that? The same one that white men cop because they are no good or oppo fans just dont like the way they conduct themselves.

with goodes he may think it was racist because he is dilusional, but the majority of people just didnt like the way he operates and went about things.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 11:01:11 PM »
Goodes fighting the good fight LMAO

Funniest part about that is he grew up in Horsham living the same way as all the “white fellas”

He’d never been to a community until he became a face for “the good fight”

Would have a clue what people like Tambling went through to make the AFL

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 01:58:29 PM »

Funniest part about that is he grew up in Horsham living the same way as all the “white fellas”

Ah yes, my favourite argument in this whole, bigoted saga.

Adam Goodes the Aboriginal is not ALLOWED to identify as an Aboriginal man because he grew up in an area with "white fellas" and, as such, speak of truths related to indigenous treatment at the hands of "white fellas".

The lens is so protracted you could use it on your Year 8 maths project.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »
Hey everybody meet Dougey - he wants you all to know that he's one of the "good whites". ..:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 03:20:12 PM »
Hey everybody meet Dougey - he wants you all to know that he's one of the "good whites". ..:shh

Ahh yes. On a website where people post with total anonymity people are also desperate to virtue signal.

So much social currency to be gained.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 06:51:29 PM »

I've met him and think he's a good white. Therefore his post was more or less what I expected

As for you I hope I'm so fortunate never to cross paths!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 08:46:43 PM »
Was that at a Get Up fundraiser? Haha Dougey & Andyyyyyyy Goodwhite...:shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 09:50:47 AM »

Adam Goodes the Aboriginal is not ALLOWED to identify as an Aboriginal man because he grew up in an area with "white fellas" and, as such, speak of truths related to indigenous treatment at the hands of "white fellas".

Little bit of background for you

I rented a house in Spring St Belmont, whilst going to Deakin in Waurn Ponds. My housemate at the aforementioned place was Justin. This aforementioned Justin, was a neighbour and good friend of "Goodesy". I had quite possibly 20 conversations with "goodesy" over a 2 year period. "Goodesy" was a TOP bloke. This was early career. At a time when "Goodesy" was a popular player competition wide.

Late career Adam Goodes became a total flog of the highest order. He changed completely as a person.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 12:30:27 PM »
Racist White Australia made him slide in knees first to the ribs & backs of players while they lay on the ground and try to take Batchelor's head off in 2014... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 12:53:36 PM »
Racist White Australia made him take the biggest dive of all time v Rance at the SCG

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 06:25:58 PM »

Little bit of background for you

I rented a house in Spring St Belmont, whilst going to Deakin in Waurn Ponds. My housemate at the aforementioned place was Justin. This aforementioned Justin, was a neighbour and good friend of "Goodesy". I had quite possibly 20 conversations with "goodesy" over a 2 year period. "Goodesy" was a TOP bloke. This was early career. At a time when "Goodesy" was a popular player competition wide.

Late career Adam Goodes became a total flog of the highest order. He changed completely as a person.
But Damo, he's an Aboriginal man who speaks on issues related to Aboriginal Australians.

What does his living situation have to do with that?

He is perfectly entitled to make comment, construct and lead social agenda. Especially if people look for his direction and comment.

Did you have 20 or so conversations with him in his late career?? I mean, Plugger was one of the dirtiest dogs going around in his twighlight and received nothing like the reception Goodes did every time he got a touch for the last 2-3 years of his career. Right around the same time he started making strong public comment related to Indigenous affairs.

Even Gary Abblett Jnr has turned a bit thuggish, and if I recall Richmond people began booing him to an extent related to his onfield crap (and off field support of Falou). Sports media personal quickly squashed it and there was uniform disdain for the booing. I don't recall anything like the same consistent support for Goodes.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 07:51:46 PM »
Goodes has said himself that he didn't get too involved in his culture or history until later in life.

Whites did horrendous things to indigenous Aussies. Not putting my hand up for it but there's a lot of work to be done mending those relationships and putting right those wrongs.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 08:41:27 AM »
No there isnt

There has been quite enough political correctness bs

Time to move on

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 09:21:31 PM »
SNIP for legal reasons  :banghead

If people cannot stick to the topic then this thread will be locked

It may be a new year but the 3 strike policy remaons in place

So another attack on other posters will result in strikes being issued  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)