Author Topic: AFLW R5: Richmond vs GWS @ Wagga Wagga, Sat. March 7  (Read 4352 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: AFLW R5: Richmond vs GWS @ Wagga Wagga, Sat. March 7
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2020, 07:24:52 PM »
Crap umpiring aside which gifted them 3 may be 4 goals
After dishing out 10 straight frees to the Giants, it was nice of them to try and 'even' out the count after the game was all but over  ::).

I'd like to know what was the difference between the halves that we went from receiving just 2 frees  ::) in the whole first half when the game was still competitive to us receiving 17 frees in the second half :huh.

Can't defend what I watched today. Even without 2 of our best players only a few positives this week.

Molan = good. Jacques = good.

And Conti is a star and Monahan is a gem and should be leading our B&F

Just so disappointed
Too much left to too few once again with only Conti and Monahan our few genuine ballwinners. It's the same every week. Only exacerbated this week by no Wakefield and Brennan. Just one mark inside our F50 for the whole game is pathetic. When only four players reach double figures in possession and half the side are lucky to touch the ball once a quarter then you don't have much chance.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2020, 08:03:41 PM »
Giants wayward but still maul hapless, winless Tigers

Adam Curley
womens.afl
7 March 2020  7:30pm

LOCAL favourite Alyce Parker has returned to her ball-winning best and Cora Staunton booted four goals to lead Greater Western Sydney back into the top three of Conference A with a comprehensive 45-point win over Richmond in Wagga.

After being heavily targeted in last week's loss to Brisbane, Parker – who grew up on a farm just outside of Wagga – inspired the Giants with 24 possessions and four tackles in their 7.14 (56) to 1.5 (11) victory on Saturday.

Fellow midfielders Rebecca Beeson and Jess Dal Pos were also highly influential.

Staunton was too quick and smart for the Tigers defence and Rebecca Privitelli (two goals and five marks) was an outstanding ally as the pair of mobile targets helped the Giants take 17 marks inside 50 to just one.

Gun Richmond onballer Monique Conti was her team's only prime mover and finished with 21 disposals and six tackles, while former Giant Phoebe Monahan (22 touches) fought hard in defence against a constant wave of GWS attacks.

The Giants could have ended the contest early in the third term if they'd kicked straight but it mattered little as they took advantage of a lopsided inside 50 count (32-20) to kick the only four goals of the second half, and the last five goals of the match.

After Adelaide was defeated by North Melbourne earlier on Saturday, the Giants knew a massive reward was on offer, and the four-quarter performance would have pleased coach Alan McConnell.

The defeat continued a miserable first season for Richmond which remains winless after five rounds.

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY    2.5    3.8    4.13    7.14 (56)
RICHMOND                                  1.1    1.2     1.3       1.5 (11)

GOALS
Giants: Staunton 4, Privitelli 2, Halvorsen
Richmond: Bernardi

BEST
Giants: Staunton, Parker, Beeson, Privitelli, Tully, Bennetts
Richmond: Conti, Monahan, Dempsey

INJURIES
Giants: Nicola Barr (hamstring)
Richmond: Nil

LATE CHANGES
Giants: Nil
Richmond: Nil

Reports: Nil
Crowd: 3,377 at Robertson Oval

https://womens.afl/news/47648/giants-wayward-but-still-maul-hapless-winless-tigers

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2020, 08:12:53 PM »
 Its rebuild time.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2020, 08:40:03 PM »
We have 2 decent players and 20 that are complete rubbish. How the f has that happened at our club?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2020, 04:39:52 AM »
Richmond coach Tom Hunter said he would be looking to find the ‘‘positive in the game’’ and attempt to ‘‘reassure the good stuff’’.

Richmond stand-in skipper Christina Bernardi said she was ‘‘honest’’ with the girls after the game.

"We know we are four years behind the competition, so it's about keeping positive ... it's not just about winning games for us," Bernardi said. "[The Giants] have got a lot of experienced girls, so they move the ball really quickly and can be clean at times, but I think our pressure was pretty good around the ball."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/trashed-our-brand-gws-bounce-back-from-loss-to-beat-richmond-by-club-record-margin-20200307-p547v3.html

-------------------------------------------

"(We need to) Clone 'Mon' (Conti) and find another one of her. She's a super talent but didn't quite get enough support." - Richmond coach Tom Hunter

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/573327/tigers-outdone-by-giants

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2020, 12:25:27 PM »
The recruiting was disgraceful. They are all at fault. Theyve delivered a wooden spoon with this list. Sheahan and Hunter = OUT!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2020, 12:42:51 PM »
They will certainly make list changes after this AFLW season but I don't see the Club changing the coach or senior off-field staff.

We'll get the first pick in the draft. Will we trade it again for another Conti or copy the men's draft and use it on the most talented teenage girl?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 01:06:29 PM »
I am not used to losing and this season has been unacceptable

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 02:10:50 PM »
 56-11 #RichmondTahs :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »
They will certainly make list changes after this AFLW season but I don't see the Club changing the coach or senior off-field staff.

We'll get the first pick in the draft. Will we trade it again for another Conti or copy the men's draft and use it on the most talented teenage girl?

Georgia Patrikios from St Kilda would be a good get

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »
I am not used to losing and this season has been unacceptable

A certain thread needs to be bumped..... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 04:28:39 PM »
Just to be clear is the head only sacrosanct in the AFL not the AFLW?

Last Brennan gets collected and not playing this week becasue of concussion. Player who took her out gets a week

Akec, gets kneed in the head not once but twice and it's  play on.

Disgraceful umpiring

Yes we are playing terribly but pay the bloody frees
Again no mention of Campbell despite her continual endeavour and tackling and being amongst our best players each week.
Not as much of the footy this week but still more than most and she will get better.
Most of the others shouldn’t even be playing.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 09:12:07 PM »
:cheers
Again no mention of Campbell despite her continual endeavour and tackling and being amongst our best players each week.
Not as much of the footy this week but still more than most and she will get better.
Most of the others shouldn’t even be playing.

No mention because I thought she was poor.

Her see ball get ball at times is to detriment of the team

Agree she will get better but just thought she was poor yesterday like so many others
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2020, 03:28:21 AM »
Laura McClelland has been rubbed out for two weeks by the MRO for slamming a GWS player.

I can't post the link from my phone but it's on the AFLW & Foxsports websites if someone wants to post it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2020, 06:52:08 AM »
Here's the limk

https://womens.afl/news/48314/watch-tiger-cops-two-game-ban-for-slamming-giant

And while I get the action was stupid 2 weeks For that?

But a player comes in, no eyes on the ball, collects someone in the head, said player goes off with concussion and then misses a week maybe 2 and the MRO give out a week?

Can anyone explain that?

Pathetic
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)