Author Topic: Next 3 weeks are winnable  (Read 3368 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Next 3 weeks are winnable
« on: April 23, 2006, 05:08:40 AM »
Last night wasn't a game to write home about skill-wise and we're a long long way from being a decent side but the next 3 weeks are all winnable games and we should go into them with some confidence after the Brissy win and the fact we knocked off the Blues, Bombers and Swans in the corresponding games last year.

Carlton is no gimme given they'll have Fevola and Waite back up forward and we've lost to them even when they have been crappier than us the last few years. I would love it if we gave them another pasting at the 'G like last year  :yep.

The Bombers are playing better than I thought they would be this year but losing diving boy for the year is a major blow.

The Swans have so far been in a premiership hangover and in any case we seem to match up on them pretty well either down here in Melbourne or up at the SCG. Usually down to the wire games most times.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Next 3 weeks are winnable
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 08:08:47 AM »
I completely agree. Blues never really looked like beating an ordinary Swans performance at Docklands and I really believe we can do them and after that anything is possible. it is big game time now. Carlton, essendon aand the premiers in a row and we can do it.

Anyone like to predict the attendance v Carlton? last years round 7 at the G drew 52,234. I think that will be beaten. I don't predict a really huge blockbuster crowd - after all we are 1-3 and thay are no great shakes but at the G following a win ...what do you reckon? 55,000 plus?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 02:23:21 PM »
Anyone like to predict the attendance v Carlton? last years round 7 at the G drew 52,234. I think that will be beaten. I don't predict a really huge blockbuster crowd - after all we are 1-3 and thay are no great shakes but at the G following a win ...what do you reckon? 55,000 plus?

I would say 60-65,000. The first game for both clubs at the new 'G on a Friday night might get some people to just rock up straight after work.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 02:33:22 PM »
we should pump this game up for all its worth...big dollars for the club if they get it right.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 04:07:27 PM »
Without getting too far ahead  of Friday night, SEN has just reported that Hird has done a hammy. If they're right then that's No Lloyd or Hird when we play the Dons next week. 

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 05:04:57 PM »
does anyone know if we have agreements with essendon and carlton to share cash receipts or is it still home game side takes all. I heard today that we have an arrangement with both essendon and carlton...can anyone confirm.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »
I don't mind winning the next 3 games, as long as we manage to get a priority pick though  :whistle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 05:19:05 AM »
Let's hope we find our goalkicking boots for the bombers  :P.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Only % out of the top 8
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 06:19:49 PM »
We're only % out of the top 8  :thumbsup

What a shame the Dons got done by a point in a hard slog ;D. Hopefully we can run them off their legs in the second half.

:gotigers

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »
the dons have not lost 5 str8 for a very long time! lets hope we are the team to add vinegar to their wounds!

but what scares me is that all the next 3 games are winable, this is when the tigers usually fall, when they are expected to win. lets hope the team is mentally tougher and can get on with it

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 09:21:01 PM »
the dons have not lost 5 str8 for a very long time! lets hope we are the team to add vinegar to their wounds!

but what scares me is that all the next 3 games are winable, this is when the tigers usually fall, when they are expected to win. lets hope the team is mentally tougher and can get on with it

I hope I'm wrong but Adelaide will pump us  :(. Dons and Swans games however are very winnable.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 09:22:08 PM »
I'm just taking it one week at a time :help ;D

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 08:40:16 AM »
as far as im concerned we are on fire!
i was overseas 4 the first 3 games, so to me they dont count. since i have been on australian terra firma, we have been undefeated! lol :rollin :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 03:49:30 PM »
as far as im concerned we are on fire!
i was overseas 4 the first 3 games, so to me they dont count. since i have been on australian terra firma, we have been undefeated! lol :rollin :lol

LOL.

I don't think Terry in the box thought we were on fire on Friday night  ;)

Ox

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 03:57:21 PM »
Teams we can/have beat this year.

Brisbane
Carlton
Essendon
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Nth Melbourne
Melbourne
Sydney
St Kilda -  next time
Bulldogs - next time
Colon-wood.

If our form continues to improve as the season goes along,there is no reason why we should have any problems beating the trash mentioned above.