Author Topic: Give a month and Gold Coast will be closer to next flag than Richmond: Lloyd  (Read 1755 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Matthew Lloyd responding to Caro mentioning if Brandon Ellis can win a flag at the Gold Coast compared to if he had stayed at Richmond.

'Give me another month and if nothing changes from what we've seen so far this year then yes the Suns are closer to a flag than Richmond.

I know after we won our one flag, I saw Essendon players lose their hunger and drop away. Richmond players have been up for 3 years and the review of Thursday night's game will embarrass them. It's the worst I've seen them play for 4 years. You can see Collingwood players are hungry for flag; Older Port players will be desperately hungry for a flag before their time is up. If you lose that hunger then other sides will eat you up and bypass you.

Richmond's response this week against St Kilda will be the one to watch.'

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Gold Coast can win the flag
Rowell can win the Brownlow

Don't these media types learn anything from past years??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
“Give me another month": Lloyd closing in on eye-popping footy prediction

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
23 June 2020

Matthew Lloyd is a month of footy away from potentially making the most controversial football prediction in recent AFL media history.

Caroline Wilson asked Lloyd on Footy Classified whether Brandon Ellis is closer to a third AFL premiership now that he’s at Gold Coast than he would be if still at Richmond.

The former Essendon captain, to the surprise of the rest of the panel, said if the Tigers don’t correct their form slump in the next month it might just become true.

“Give me another month and (Ellis) could quite possibly be (closer to a flag at Gold Coast than Richmond),” Lloyd said.

The reigning premiers’ streak of over 365 days without a loss came to an end in Round 3, losing to Hawthorn on Friday night by 32-points. This comes after a poor performance against Collingwood in Round 2 were they played out a 36-36 draw.

The Suns meanwhile have become the competition darling, beating West Coast in an enormous upset before dominating Adelaide a week later to put themselves third on the ladder.

When asked by Kane Cornes how he could possibly think Ellis is closer to a flag at the reigning wooden spooners than he would be at the reigning premiers, Lloyd said it had to do with hunger.

“Give me another month and if some of these players from Richmond continue to play like they don’t have the hunger like they do, Brandon could quite possibly be closer (to a flag at the Suns),” he said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/06/23/give-me-another-month-lloyd-closing-in-on-eye-popping-footy-prediction/

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
This is why I hate the footy media so much.  Seriously who reads this gargage. 

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Lloydy doesn't get much wrong  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
2021 will be the last shot our current list has.
We need Hartley to do some heavy recruiting.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lloydy doesn't get much wrong  :shh
:snidegrin

May 6, 2019:

Matthew Lloyd says Richmond's boom recruit Tom Lynch is a "massive concern", labelling the spearhead a "liability" and suggesting he is a one-trick pony at present.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/116448/hes-a-liability-at-the-moment-lloyds-big-call-on-new-tiger

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
This is why I hate the footy media so much.  Seriously who reads this gargage.

Us
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Yeah many of us gobble up footy media when they are praising our club.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Someone point out to him one loss in 14  :banghead.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rowell looks the goods but that's about it

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
#FoldCoast  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Rowell looks the goods but that's about it

King will be unstoppable
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
King will join his brother at St.Kilda... :shh

Get Anderson to Richmond and Rowell will follow....:shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.