Author Topic: Priority Picks  (Read 2034 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Priority Picks
« on: June 20, 2004, 01:21:13 AM »
I didn't think we would win under 5 games for the year until I saw tonight's pathetic effort. We just came out and collectively pulled our pants down and waited for the navy blue vein.

The priority picks are now becoming a real possibility. Which games are we in danger of winning for the rest of the year?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Priority Picks
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 01:42:28 AM »
Brisbane, Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda - Nup. LOL @ wishful thinking!
Collingwood - They're ordinary and about same standard as Carlton - Maybe but I doubt it.
Sydney - defeated them in Sydney but I doubt will beat them again by then even at the 'G.
Geelong - Nup
Adelaide - in Adelaide so Nup! (send them above us on the ladder)
Hawthorn - Maybe and best chance of all of them.

Sadly the way the system works it's not in our long term interest to win another game for the year and the way we're only turning up for half a game of footy that looks like the case :'(
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 03:37:05 PM »
The Collingwood, Sydney and Hawthorn games are the danger games.  We need to make sure we don't win 2 of those.  It could come down to the last game of the year where we are in a position of having 5 wins and playing the hawks.  It will be a case of doing your all to cheer the hawks accross the line.

It would be funny if the hawks and us are both on 5 wins a peice and the winner of the last game will lose a prority pick.  A draw could be on the cards.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

2JD

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 03:45:17 PM »
If I could put my wish list in....could we please beat Collingwood, and lose to the other two? Should I write and ask Danny to put in his best side for Hawks and Swans? lol