Author Topic: Who gets Hird?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Who gets Hird?
« on: May 02, 2006, 10:43:54 AM »
With Lloyd out, Sheeds has played Hird at FF as well as his usual rotation into the midfield.

So who gets the job? .... Joel, Rainesy?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

Re: Who gets Hird?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:51:24 AM »
newman will get hird imo, and if fit, maybe sugar

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 01:16:39 PM »
Joel should get him but I wouldn't be surprised if they give Raines the job when Hird's resting in the forward pocket
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 02:01:09 PM »
what about when hird goes in the midfield, i feel joel may be too loose 4 hird, sugar has played defence in premiership teams, and i understand has done a fairly good job as a run with/tagging  role, thus would not be surprised if he is fit, he will get the gig

thoughts?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »
Hird is being used at times as their FF in the absence of diving boy so I don't see Sugar following him into defence to play FB. Maybe switch he can switch with either Joel or Newman but then we could get caught out in the swap over. I would love to see Rainesy get the gig but we'll probably man him up on their speedster forward pocket Lovett. I'd go with your first choice X in Newman in a run with role with Joel as back-up.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 03:34:50 PM »
wp and mt, as u two have suggested, imagine if rainsesy does get the gig and keeps hird quiet and fingeres crossed goalless, that wiould really boost his rising star nomination status, to hopefully the rising star winner

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 04:11:39 PM »
wp and mt, as u two have suggested, imagine if rainsesy does get the gig and keeps hird quiet and fingeres crossed goalless, that wiould really boost his rising star nomination status, to hopefully the rising star winner

With Heath Shaw getting the round 5 nomination hopefully that will dilute the Pies push for Thomas and we can get right behind Rainsey.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 05:08:07 PM »

With Heath Shaw getting the round 5 nomination hopefully that will dilute the Pies push for Thomas and we can get right behind Rainsey.

thomas seems to be very talented, but i feel he will slump quickly with the pies as soon as they play decent opposition.

good thing about raines, is that he has played well even when we have been pathetic, and i bet he will play a very consistant yr and look even better when we start playing better and win more games

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 05:48:51 PM »

thomas seems to be very talented, but i feel he will slump quickly with the pies as soon as they play decent opposition.

good thing about raines, is that he has played well even when we have been pathetic, and i bet he will play a very consistant yr and look even better when we start playing better and win more games

That's true X. Rainesy was able to contain Robert Murphy even when the ball was being pumped down continuously and with ease by the doggies. He'd be a good match-up for Hird IMO as Hird and Murphy play similar roles but I've got a feeling Terry will put him on Andrew Lovett instead in a back pocket. We don't really have anyone else who can hold down an opposition's small forward especially when they are quick and nimble as we found out last year.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 08:19:38 PM »
true mt
i think raines on lovett
newman on hird
joel on lucas
hall on hill

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 10:22:34 PM »
i think raines on lovett
newman on hird
joel on lucas
hall on hill

Sounds good to me :thumbsup.

Btw if I see us give Lucas room on his left hand side I'll be doing this ->  :banghead. After all this time you'd think our guys would finally realise he has no right foot like Tivs and you need to cramp his left side.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 06:38:08 AM »
i think raines on lovett
newman on hird
joel on lucas
hall on hill

Sounds good to me :thumbsup.

Btw if I see us give Lucas room on his left hand side I'll be doing this ->  :banghead. After all this time you'd think our guys would finally realise he has no right foot like Tivs and you need to cramp his left side.

we may as well do this  :banghead together, if they havent worked that one out

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 09:31:59 PM »

Well done X  :clapping.

Top effort from Newy. Gave Hird a bath. Shut up Walls drooling over Hird too - "this is the perfect situation for Hird to win the game"  ::).

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 11:16:25 PM »

Well done X  :clapping.

Top effort from Newy. Gave Hird a bath. Shut up Walls drooling over Hird too - "this is the perfect situation for Hird to win the game"  ::).

u r right! wallsy is a knob and newman made hird his biatch