Author Topic: Dear Danny  (Read 4416 times)

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
Re: Dear Danny
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 10:02:27 AM »
I do scratch my head at the keep Danny for stabilitys sake theory.

IMO a prospective coach for RFC can still see:
A dictator for a president.
An unhappy and meaningless board.
An abysmal recruitment dept.
A crap over-rated list.
A debt resembling the third world.

So why would this prospective coach feel comfortable just because of the boards honour to his contract? The reason we are so poohe at the moment is partly because we have stuck our heads in the sand when it came to making tough decisions.

The best scenario from this point on would be for Frawley to state he is resigning at the completion of the season,and make the hunt for his replacement transparent and acceptable for all parties involved.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 10:55:53 AM by BoogieKnights »
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dear Danny
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 10:30:24 AM »
That’s right BoogieKnights, any decent coach wouldn’t come near us for the very reasons you outline.  But it’s because we have always gone for the easy solution, i.e. sacking the coach, that they wouldn’t have any faith in RFC.  If a prospective coach knows that he isn’t going to be made the scapegoat as soon as soon something goes wrong then there’s more of a chance that he will want to coach us.

But it’s when they see that a Club isn’t willing to make the hard decisions or see where the real problems are that they would be hesitant about coming to such a Club.  What we have done in the past, in order to be seen to be doing something about our problems is take the easy way out and sack the coach.  Doesn’t give anyone any confidence in a Club when they do business like that.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.