Author Topic: DreamTime ceremony  (Read 9488 times)

Moi

Re: DreamTime ceremony
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 05:12:27 AM »
The way they are going about things is only prolonging failure.

WTF Do they want?

Money,Land,Both,recognition,a free ride,?

I'll give it to them if i can but i really dont know what it is.

Do they ?
No, they talk so much about gum leaves and gobbledygook is hard to understand what they want.
On the last Long Walk, many people turned up, and most of the speeches were of the likes of Aunty Joy talking about welcome to our land etc.
I went there because i would like to see their kids given the same opportunities as we take for granted.  To see them live to relatively old ages, giving them the health services and education opportunities we have.  They're still dying a lot earlier than we are, and education figures are a disgrace.  Only a couple of years ago, just 12 Koori kids in Victoria graduated VCE.  To be living in 2006 and have those rates is appalling.  And that's the reason i went. Unfortunately, nothing like that was addressed.  I left very disillusioned. 
I don't like the issues of land rights and saying sorry.  Getting their people healthy, educated and living lives however they value should be their first priority.  To be talking about land rights, and saying sorry, to me means they really don't have their priorities right.
And they had a perfect opportunity on Saturday to get someone who could put a few words together and demand equality (not more) with what we have, and they blew it with Aunty Joy or whoever she was and a singer who we're all now laughing at.
I do agree with you, Ox, what do they want.

Moi

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 06:30:37 AM »
Bigger issues.
Maybe Longy walked to Euroa and not Wangaratta  ::)
They still say he walked to Canberra in yesterdays paper :lol
His knees conked out, Jack, and that's when and why Howard agreed to talk to him.
And going to Canberra would be the first place i'd be going.  The Australian Government have let these people down for too many years hoping they would somehow die off, rather than address their problems.
The problem is they have no leaders.  Longy, just like Cathy, might be role models, but they're no statesmen.  That's not their fault, but they struggle badly to let us know really what they want. The Long Walk campaign is no different, unfortunately.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2006, 07:47:24 AM »
Christine Anu was good but the rest.  Bit of a yawn.  What the heck was Cathy Freeman wearing and it looked ridiculous her and Michael Long trying to sing.  And most of the entertainers were Essendon supporters - a bit biased there.  But on the other hand it could explain a lot .....

Offline Capt. Revenge

• Future Richmond star
  • for i was so much older then.............
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »
i aint gonna contribute anymore to this thread because it just gives u ignorant lot the chance to peddle yr destructive racist rubbish.

cya
there is no success like failure and failure is no success at all

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2006, 07:16:57 PM »
By the standards set by Classical composers,Latinos,Maoris,Philipinos,Zulus,African Americans.......

So how exactly ox, does Christine Anu meet these standards but not one other indigenous performer?
More to the point, why single out indigenous performers in this area. Going by your lofty musical standards, most of the white trailer trash music gets no where near it, why aren't you bagging them?

The problem is they're stupid.
The way they are going about things is only prolonging failure.
WTF Do they want?

No, they talk so much about gum leaves and gobbledygook is hard to understand what they want.

I do agree with you, Ox, what do they want.
That's not their fault, but they struggle badly to let us know really what they want.

Was I at a different game to you guys on Saturday night? I can't recall the indigenous leaders at the ceremony asking for anything.
Why do people think it's about handouts or just giving something away to fix 'the problem'? If so many people think it's only about 'what they want' then perhaps John Howard has had a bigger influence than I had thought!

Ox, your holier than thou attitude when it comes to being accused of racism is getting a little tiring, your post is offensive, it does nothing to contribute to reconciliation,only to hinder it,  and I presume that is why WP edited that post, (and anyone that quoted you) This isn't the first time that you have tried to hide behind a 'technically what I said wasn't racist' type of defence.

To use a football analogy Ox you remind me of the type of footballer that swings a punch at his opponent and then goes hiding behind the umpire yelling "Umpy, Umpy he's gonna hit me"

A bit like Capt Revenge, I do wonder why I bother  :banghead
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Ox

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »
Well why dont the two of get off ure ass and help instead of crying foul @ others.

Basically u're both major w a n k e r s

What have u ever done for the cause apart from defending Dreamtime in an internet argument,which initially had no racist sentiment? ? ?

LMAO@ "Dallas and Cap'n Stab'n" feeling a sense of self achievement for mis-interpreting the discussion from their lefty lounges and turning it into racially motivated thread.

Toolz.

BTW,
If u think id hit someone and hide,you'd be wrong.

That sounds more like something someone as weak as the two of u would do.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2006, 10:27:29 PM »
After much discussion we've decided to lock this thread because although we think the politics ares tolerable (within reason - i.e. when people stick to the issues), it seems it's now become a slanging match with a few personal insults thrown in which is against the OER guidelines.

MT & WP

Refer to:

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=13.new#new

Personal Attacks: We appreciate that people have different opinions and we encourage people to share their views. However, publicly ridiculing or attacking someone’s character because they do not agree with your view and because they post a view that opposes yours cannot and will not be allowed.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)