Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 4, 2021  (Read 20723 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 4, 2021
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2021, 07:43:11 AM »
Was at the game.  Our defence looks all at sea and the new rules are forcing players like Broad, Mansell, Short & Baker into one on one contests and they're not used to it. 

We need a second ruckman no matter who it is as playing Balta or Astbury there is affecting the structure. 

Dare I say it after 2 losses but the rules are definitely having an impact and unless we are prepared to change tact were in trouble.

Very easy to.blame the defence,  but our issue is up the ground forward line and midfield not winning enough ball , centre clearances pressure etc sooner or later any defence cracks.

Agree. Win just a few more centre clearances and we would have won the game.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2021, 07:46:45 AM »
It’s hard to play footy when your shorts are around your ankles and the Umps have their finger fair in your bung h*le.
I’d like to see Lynch takes his own finger out of his areas and present.  Done absolutely nothing  and giving us absolutely nothing. :banghead

Yeah he has been poor

But not sure what you are expecting when he is 1 out against 5. Not sure why they are kicking it to him in that situation to be honest

When we are running through the middle we want to see a leading target. I’m not talking about down the line kicks.
He’s not presenting enough from what I’m seeing. He needs to lead into space. He needs to run up the ground and present at half forward. Not enough IMO

Completely agree on Lynch. He is so slow that he can never get any separation.

I don't think that is Lynch I think he is being told to do that.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2021, 08:20:34 AM »
It’s hard to play footy when your shorts are around your ankles and the Umps have their finger fair in your bung h*le.
I’d like to see Lynch takes his own finger out of his areas and present.  Done absolutely nothing  and giving us absolutely nothing. :banghead

Yeah he has been poor

But not sure what you are expecting when he is 1 out against 5. Not sure why they are kicking it to him in that situation to be honest

When we are running through the middle we want to see a leading target. I’m not talking about down the line kicks.
He’s not presenting enough from what I’m seeing. He needs to lead into space. He needs to run up the ground and present at half forward. Not enough IMO

Completely agree on Lynch. He is so slow that he can never get any separation.

I don't think that is Lynch I think he is being told to do that.

That’s generous.

Right now, Jack is twice the player Lynch is.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2021, 08:48:50 AM »
Bit generous to Jack, he has received plenty of tap-ins this year from the hard work of others and has been missing for large chunks of most games so far. Lynch seems to playing a role and brings the ball to ground as much as possible.

That said, I don’t like our forward set up, we really need a hard leading forward to drag a few defenders from the hot spots.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2021, 10:26:37 AM »
Woke up this morning and watch Dimmas presser.  Feel better as he was quite positive. 

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »
I feel like we also had very poor ground presence when the ball dropped in our F50.

Port defenders everywhere. Not enough crumbers.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2021, 01:46:06 PM »
Who is our current forward coach? I feel like lynch is told to be a decoy or draw more defenders in to free up our snaps. Which is not what lynch normally does. He tore port a new one with his aggression not that long ago after being labelled a liability from Lloyd.

I think they need to let wolf out of the cage with lynch and if he gets a 1-2 match suspension for his aggression so be it because Lynch is an absolute unit and opposition defenders need to be poo scared of him

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2021, 04:43:50 PM »
Who is our current forward coach? I feel like lynch is told to be a decoy or draw more defenders in to free up our snaps. Which is not what lynch normally does. He tore port a new one with his aggression not that long ago after being labelled a liability from Lloyd.

I think they need to let wolf out of the cage with lynch and if he gets a 1-2 match suspension for his aggression so be it because Lynch is an absolute unit and opposition defenders need to be poo scared of him
McQualter has returned as our forwards coach this year as well being responsible for ball movement which he held in 2020.

McQualter was our forwards coach back in 2019 then McRae took over in last year (Craig's now at the Hawks).

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/861509/tigers-shuffle-coaching-roles

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2021, 04:45:50 AM »
AFL Report Card, Round 4 2021

Foxsports
12 April 2021

RICHMOND

They almost got there, but this time the Tigers fell two points short in a finals-like atmosphere at Adelaide Oval. They couldn’t get on top of Port’s midfield and let the hosts play their forward territory game for too long. We’re certainly not worried about this team, even after losing two weeks in a row; Richmond lost two in a row early in 2019 and 2020, too.

In the votes

Remarkably six of the top seven players on the ground in the Official AFL Player Ratings were in yellow and black, led by the still-underrated Shai Bolton (22 disposals, one goal and two goal assists, five clearances and 475 metres gained) and Jayden Short (31 disposals, 808 metres gained, 10 intercepts and seven score involvements).

Room for improvement

Tom Lynch could’ve won the game off his boot, but kicked 1.3, while Will Martyn and Rhyan Mansell were both quiet in their debuts. Toby Nankervis has had better games, too.

Grade

B

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-report-card-round-4-2021-afl-analysis-every-club-graded-best-and-worst-players-votes-reaction-news/news-story/1014e5db982adbc2456199d267a8a673

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2021, 07:03:47 PM »
ONE POSITIVE AND ONE NEGATIVE FROM YOUR CLUB'S ROUND 4 PERFORMANCE

Andrew Slevison
SEN
12 April 2021

Positive: ‘Richmond’-like performance

Richmond was brushed aside by Sydney in Round 3 but were well and truly back in the contest against Port Adelaide last Friday night.

The Tigers absolutely came to play but in the end were agonisingly short of pulling off a character building win which could have helped springboard them forward after the heavy loss to the Swans.

Although it was a defeat, it was a much more ‘Richmond’-like performance which would have pleased Damien Hardwick, especially as they were without the likes of Dion Prestia, Nick Vlastuin and Kamdyn McIntosh.

The Tigers also blooded two debutants - Will Martyn and Ryan Mansell - in a massive game which is another positive sign.

No doubt they will take plenty from that performance.

Negative: Two losses in a row

There’s no sugar-coating it. The Tigers need a win after two losses on the trot.

The current 2-2 situation is certainly not a season breaker for the reigning champs, but in order to correct some wobbles they must win soon.

This Thursday they get the chance to power back into winning form when they meet St Kilda at Marvel Stadium - a combination that consigned them to a 26-point loss in Round 4 last year.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/12/one-positive-and-one-negative-from-your-clubs-round-4-performance/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2021, 07:08:49 PM »
Coaches votes: (Hardwick & Hinkley)

Port Adelaide v Richmond

7 Travis Boak (PORT)
7 Kane Lambert (RICH)
5 Ollie Wines (PORT)
5 Robbie Gray (PORT)
2 Aliir Aliir (PORT)
2 Karl Amon (PORT)
1 Shai Bolton (RICH)
1 Toby Nankervis (RICH)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/583397/coaches-votes-r4-demons-trio-on-the-march-no-10-for-toby

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »

Port Adelaide v Richmond

7 Travis Boak (PORT)
7 Kane Lambert (RICH)
5 Ollie Wines (PORT)
5 Robbie Gray (PORT)
2 Aliir Aliir (PORT)
2 Karl Amon (PORT)
1 Shai Bolton (RICH)
1 Toby Nankervis (RICH)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/583397/coaches-votes-r4-demons-trio-on-the-march-no-10-for-toby
EFA

Port Adelaide v Richmond

7 Curtis Deboy (PORT)
7 Kane Lambert (RICH)
5 Ollie Wines (PORT)
5 Robbie Gray (PORT)
2 Aliir Aliir (PORT)
2 Karl Amon (PORT)
1 Shai Bolton (RICH)
1 Toby Nankervis (RICH)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2021, 01:58:58 PM »
https://www.afl.com.au/video/580462/mini-match-relive-this-titanic-r4-battle-between-port-and-the-tigers?videoId=580462&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1640294160001

The AFL website reposting the highlights of this game reminded me how much of an idiot of an umpire Deboy is :facepalm. Pinging Houli for HTB after marking a touched ball 50m down field was an absolute shocker  :banghead. Add the fact too it gifted Port a goal in the game that was ultimately decided by less than a kick  :scream.

The non HTB call on Drew on the outer wing late in the game looks dubious too in hindsight when played just before Aarts was (rightly) pinged. Both had prior, were tackled from behind and illegally disposed of the ball. The non-call lead to Gray's winning goal.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2021, 02:54:56 PM »
Deboy deserved the 10 in this game.  The most biased display of umpiring in the history of the game.   A Port supporter that won a house in a local footy raffle. 

HTF does a cheating geek like him make it to AFL ranks?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #224 on: January 01, 2022, 08:31:45 PM »
South Australian is Deboy....
Go Tigers!