Author Topic: Dimma vs Port muppet in the crowd  (Read 744 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma vs Port muppet in the crowd
« on: April 10, 2021, 12:00:29 AM »
Footage has emerged after Richmond coach Damien Hardwick was "confronted" by a fan at the conclusion of #AFLPowerTigers.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1380509702715404288

------------------------------------------------------------------

We’ve won 3 of 4 flags, mate!’ Hardwick’s perfect response to fan who ‘confronted’ him

Fox Sports
April 9th, 2021 11:31 pm

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has been praised for his handling of a post-game incident which saw him exchange words with an Adelaide Oval fan.

Hardwick was walking down to the ground to be with his players after their two-point loss to Port Adelaide when a fan, with his back to the camera, appeared to say something to the triple premiership coach.

The Tigers boss slowed down and appeared to say “sorry?” before smiling and saying something else, then continuing on his way, as a police officer walking with him told the fan to stop

“He’s been, I think confronted by a fan. He doesn’t react at all so we’ll see whether there’s any fallout of that. It’s clearly not the time to be insulting or making comments of people,” Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph said on Fox Footy.

As Brisbane champion Jonathan Brown pointed out, it didn’t make much sense for a Power fan to be upset with Hardwick.

“Mate, he’s a Port Adelaide premiership player! A bit of respect!” Brown said.

Melbourne great Garry Lyon added: “Well handled Dimma, by the way.”

In his post-match press conference, Hardwick revealed the fan was offering him a tissue.

“A guy was giving me a tissue. I thought jeez, that’s a bit harsh. We’ve won three of the last four flags, mate, not sure whether I need a tissue. Anyway,” he said.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-damien-hardwick-confronted-by-fan-richmond-vs-port-adelaide-adelaide-oval-video-tigers-coach-latest-news/news-story/92605f98ae318276f90d75d112c67528

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Dimma vs Port muppet in the crowd
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 12:14:28 AM »
It's a a Port crowd - the use of "Muppet" is redundant.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame