Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Cats?  (Read 3991 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Changes for next week against the Cats?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 06:21:56 PM »
Forced changes now make this week a direct swap.

Out: Cotch & Grimes

In: Dusty & Floss

If Floss doesn't come up though then don't be surprised if we bring back Eggy  :-\.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 11:58:21 PM »
Grimes is out with delayed concussion  :(.

Howeverm "all going well" Floss and Dusty will be available.

Source: RFC website.

I wonder if any of the Bruce behaviour will be looked at

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 01:56:43 AM »
What did he do other than give Grimes' head a slight push?

FMD
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 06:52:38 AM »
What did he do other than give Grimes' head a slight push?

FMD

Knee drop? And behind play incident also, late hit after a kick...which I notice wasn't paid down field like it should be.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 07:25:02 AM »
Time to bring in Miller to replace an injured Grimes.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 07:33:33 AM »
Think Flossy replaces Grimes.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 09:13:30 AM »
no way we drop Mansell. We finally have a small defender who does great work shutting out opposition forwards. Only part of his game that needs a bit of improvement is probably him finding a bit more ball  which im sure will come the more he plays.

Dont know what Houli has done or Short for that matter to not be in the gun instead of Mansell.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 10:20:39 AM »
no way we drop Mansell. We finally have a small defender who does great work shutting out opposition forwards. Only part of his game that needs a bit of improvement is probably him finding a bit more ball  which im sure will come the more he plays.

Dont know what Houli has done or Short for that matter to not be in the gun instead of Mansell.
3x and 2x premiership players probably but I get your point.   Mansell should hold his place for now. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 02:27:06 PM »
Team Tips: Two guns in, two guns out? The Tigers will lose captain Trent Cotchin for the Grand Final rematch with a “small” hamstring strain; but given his history with soft tissue injuries, the club will be careful and he may miss up to a month. Dylan Grimes presented with concussion symptoms last Saturday and will also miss Friday night. However Dustin Martin is back from a short trip to New Zealand to visit his dad, and as long as he clears the concussion protocols he‘ll be available, likewise Nick Vlastuin (knee) who just needs to get through main training on Wednesday.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2021-afl-teams-round-7-predictions-ins-and-outs-afl-team-changes-afl-injury-news-selection-whispers-news-afl-team-tips/news-story/8a3008a355a465eec78fc8eda9581502

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »
In the Mix: Round 8

Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
4 May 2021

RICHMOND

It will be a busy week for match committee at Punt Road, with Trent Cotchin (hamstring) and Dylan Grimes (concussion) to miss. Nick Vlastuin is considered a probable return from his knee injury and could be a straight swap for Grimes in defence, while Dustin Martin can come back for Cotchin in the midfield after missing the win over the Bulldogs with concussion. Patrick Naish was last week's substitute and could remain in that role, while Callum Coleman-Jones, Will Martyn and Maurice Rioli Jr are pressing to break into the senior side.

Verdict: Cotchin and Grimes out for Martin and Vlastuin.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/607624/in-the-mix-r8-whos-pushing-for-selection-whos-under-the-pump

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 12:32:19 AM »
Can anyone tell me how well Miller is going this year. Been a lot of conflicting reports.
Would the Grimes injury warrant the following thinking.

Miller in to play shut down kpd and Balta to be freed up into the Grimes role. This way we do keep the same structure.
Probably depends on how tall the cats go.

Last time we played em Grimes had the job on Rohan who is a decent height and size at 189/92 i think Broady will have to go to him this time. if they play another tall it will stretch us a bit.

If in their shoes i reckon Jeremy Cameron a very mobile tall fwd and you could almost play him as a third tall.That would pave the way to play Hawkins and Ratogalea unless Ratogalea is injured?

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 04:21:10 AM »

Maybe the match committee should give Geelong a call and check with them the team they are naming first ??

:stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2021, 09:27:01 AM »
Can anyone tell me how well Miller is going this year. Been a lot of conflicting reports.

Miller in to play shut down kpd and Balta to be freed up into the Grimes role. This way we do keep the same structure.

Last time we played em Grimes had the job on Rohan who is a decent height and size at 189/92 i think Broady will have to go to him this time. if they play another tall it will stretch us a bit.

If in their shoes i reckon Jeremy Cameron a very mobile tall fwd and you could almost play him as a third tall.That would pave the way to play Hawkins and Ratogalea unless Ratogalea is injured?

He started the game quite well in the VFL but unfortunately I dont think he is up the big time against Hawk. 

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2021, 09:51:34 AM »

Maybe the match committee should give Geelong a call and check with them the team they are naming first ??

:stupid :stupid :stupid :stupid

Maybe they just name a few emergency's  ::) what a wanker and a dumb one at that.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2021, 09:56:00 AM »

He started the game quite well in the VFL but unfortunately I dont think he is up the big time against Hawk.
Are there any genuine options to play down there if we lose one of Balta or Astbury or both.
Would it hurt to give him a game to find out where he is at. People are saying the defensive side of his game is pretty good.