Author Topic: Who is leading our B&F?  (Read 1221 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Who is leading our B&F?
« on: June 03, 2021, 12:32:37 PM »
YOUR CLUB'S BEST AND FAIREST LEADERS AT THE HALFWAY POINT

Andrew Slevison
SEN
3 June 2021

RICHMOND

LEADING CONTENDERS: Shai Bolton and Dustin Martin

As is normally the case with the Tigers, there are plenty of best and fairest candidates.

Shai Bolton, despite missing two games, has been in superb form and as evidenced by this fourth placing last year can attract votes from the coaching staff. He is averaging career highs in disposals, clearance and inside 50s, and is constantly taking his game to loftier heights.

Superstar Dustin Martin is never far away in Jack Dyer Medal voting and this year is no exception. He has endured a couple of very quiet games but has been a match-winner on a few occasions and has shown enough to bank some votes in the first half of the season.

IN THE MIX: Jack Riewoldt, Toby Nankervis, Liam Baker

Right in behind the top two is a fierce chasing pack led by veteran forward Jack Riewoldt, who is on track for his best goal return since kicking 70 in 2018 when he last won the Coleman Medal. Ruckman Toby Nankervis has been a warrior and is enjoying another strong season, but will now spend some time on the sidelines with a PCL injury. The tenacious and versatile Liam Baker polled well last year and has arguably been better in 2021.

Last year’s winner Jayden Short, now extremely reliable defender Nathan Broad and the hard-working Jack Graham could all have a case.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/02/your-clubs-best-and-fairest-leaders-at-the-halfway-point/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Who is leading our B&F?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 04:44:38 PM »
My guess at the top 5 so far:

1. Bolton
2. Baker
3. Nank
4. Dusty
5. Broad

Probably Jack at 6.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 04:34:09 PM »
Who's leading your club's best and fairest

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
19 June 2021

RICHMOND

SHAI BOLTON
The two missed games with a fractured wrist may hurt him, but considering most of Richmond's top-flight players have missed some football at stages this year, it won't be too big a cost. The midfielder/forward has been in sparkling touch this year, arguably winning the Essendon game off his own boot. Bolton is averaging 21.9 disposals, 5.7 inside 50s, 4.3 clearances and has kicked 15 goals from his 11 matches.

Anyone else?
Last year's winner Jayden Short is leading the club in total disposals, kicks and marks, while defender Nathan Broad is having his most consistent year to date. Injured ruckman Toby Nankervis would have been in the place-getters if the count only included the first 10 rounds of the season, while Jack Riewoldt and Liam Baker have been quietly consistent performers. And you can never discount Dustin Martin.

How they vote
Every player is awarded between zero and five votes after each match.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/632009/b-f-bolters-who-s-made-the-early-running-for-your-club-s-top-award-

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 04:39:50 PM »
My top 5 at the byr

1 - Broad
2 - Bolton
3 - Baker
4 - Jack R
5  - Dusty
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 12:29:21 PM »
Nank, Dusty, Bolton. Pretty clear top 3. Riewoldt not far off
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"