Author Topic: ASH BARTY  (Read 4151 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
ASH BARTY
« on: July 09, 2021, 07:18:59 AM »
Ash Barty is through to the Wimbledon final

What a champion, what a star  :clapping :clapping

Going to be late night Saturday
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: ASH BARTY
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 08:28:25 AM »
Good luck to her. Great to see her back in form

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 07:00:32 AM »
Barty has ‘such a will to compete’: Cotchin full of praise for proud Tiger

Jon Pierik
The Age
July 10, 2021

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin says he is incredibly proud of Ashleigh Barty and the “lessons” she has taught the world, as the Australian tennis star prepares for her maiden Wimbledon final on Saturday night.

Barty, 25, is a passionate Tigers supporter and she and Cotchin have a strong friendship. Barty was even given the honour of presenting the premiership cup to Cotchin after the Tigers had beaten Geelong in the season decider at the Gabba last year.

Cotchin and Tigers coach Damien Hardwick were delighted on Friday after Barty had claimed a straight sets semi-final win over German Angelique Kerber, becoming the first Australian woman since Evonne Goolagong Cawley in 1980 to reach the Wimbledon final.

“It is an incredible achievement making it through to a Wimbledon final. It’s on my bucket list just to attend, let alone play in a final. To say that I am incredibly proud of her is an understatement,” Cotchin said.

“But I think what makes me most proud about Ash is the fact that she just, obviously, has amazing talent and shows such a will to compete and often even when the chips are against her sometimes. “But I just love the person she is and the lessons she is teaching the world everyday when she shows up as a human being, not a human doing.”

Hardwick joked on Friday that he would send Barty a message or two about her technique before the Queenslander faces Czech Karolina Pliskova.

“It’s very exciting, especially Wimbledon, it’s such a prestigious event,” he said.

“She is a proud Tiger and has been a part of our premiership runs. I will send her a few tips about how to get that backhand going and that sort of thing.

“We just wish her all the very best. She is a proud Richmond girl. We will be right behind her. The boys will certainly be up and watching that game with a lot of interest. Hopefully, she can raise that trophy.”

While the 2019 French Open champion has the skills and game plan to again flourish in a grand slam final, Hardwick said it was Barty’s demeanour which stood out.

“I think the one thing about Ash, and I heard the Australian opponent she beat the other day (say this), she is just so authentic in the way she goes about it,” he said.

“The way she plays the game is the way we want it to be played. She takes it in her stride but she is so authentic in the way she operates and who she is.

“I think she has learnt a lot from us and we certainly have learnt a hell of a lot off her as well. She is a great competitor first and foremost, so it makes her the very best in the business.”

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/barty-has-such-a-will-to-compete-cotchin-full-of-praise-for-proud-tiger-20210709-p5888j.html

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 10:34:40 PM »
lets bloody go Ash. Show those 2 australian male flogs how it is to be a true humble champion .

Hope she can win this.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 01:05:17 AM »
And she wins

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 01:08:26 AM »
WIMBLEDON CHAMPION

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 01:23:03 AM »
Fantastic.

What a performance.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 01:42:41 AM »
be nice if the RFC acknowledged her performance on their website or something similar. She loves the club.

Hopefully our players can be inspired and win 10 on the trot and deliver another flag.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 01:44:42 AM »
be nice if the RFC acknowledged her performance on their website or something similar. She loves the club.

Hopefully our players can be inspired and win 10 on the trot and deliver another flag.

They have on Twitter Frankie  :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2021, 02:26:52 AM »

They have on Twitter Frankie  :thumbsup

thanks WP, im not on that.

Great to hear.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »
Too late for me. Watched some of the first set though and thought she looked a sure thing.

Well done Ash. I was wondering if you had peaked already and am glad you hadn't. Hopefully more to come. What a star!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 03:32:13 AM »
ASH SUNDAY

Ash Barty’s affinity with the Tigers barely needs repeating. Her passion for the club is such that she was chosen to present the premiership cup when the Tigers clinched the flag in the tennis champion’s home state of Queensland last year. While the small matter of the pandemic and the ongoing footy season made it impossible for Damien Hardwick and Trent Cotchin to repay the gesture on Wimbledon’s centre court during the early hours of Sunday morning, the Tigers made sure to honour the new queen of grass at quarter-time, calling for an ovation which the faithful duly delivered.

Source: The Age

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 03:57:36 PM »
Dud, delist... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2021, 01:26:20 PM »
Ash Barty has been named the WTA Player of the Year.

Congrats, Ash Clapping #GoAussies

https://www.tennis.com.au/news/2021/12/08/ash-barty-named-wta-player-of-the-year-2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2022, 07:33:41 AM »
Australian tennis champion Ash Barty has been recognised with the Order of Australia as part of the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.

Barty was given the Officer of the Order of Australia for “distinguished service to tennis at the elite level, and to youth development programs”.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/tennis/australian-tennis-champion-ash-barty-recognised-with-order-of-australia/news-story/fbfbcb83d603fb40d802a65b8de2d565