Author Topic: I'm going out and getting drunk  (Read 3784 times)

Moi

I'm going out and getting drunk
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:36:06 PM »
Who wants to come driving with me?  Seems the TAC says it's okay for some people in society to drink and drive and not others.  They will continue their sponsorship with the Pies.

A wonderful message they're sending to the community  :wallywink

■The Transport Accident Commission will announce tomorrow that it will continue its two-year $1.2 million sponsorship with Collingwood despite Chad Morrison's transgression last month.

The Magpies fined the player $20,000 — against the AFL Players Association code of conduct — and have vowed to take part in a series of promotions with the transport accident authority.

Last year, the TAC immediately terminated a sponsorship deal with Richmond when Tiger Jay Schulz, like Morrison, was caught driving with a blood-alcohol level over 0.05.

Morrison, like Schulz, was the second at his club to be caught breaking traffic laws.

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/melbourne-could-soon-be-history-151-proudly/2006/05/16/1147545326723.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: I'm going out and getting drunk
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:45:20 PM »
Why am I not surprised  :banghead :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:14:51 PM »
Who wants to come driving with me?  Seems the TAC says it's okay for some people in society to drink and drive and not others.  They will continue their sponsorship with the Pies.

A wonderful message they're sending to the community  :wallywink

■The Transport Accident Commission will announce tomorrow that it will continue its two-year $1.2 million sponsorship with Collingwood despite Chad Morrison's transgression last month.

The Magpies fined the player $20,000 — against the AFL Players Association code of conduct — and have vowed to take part in a series of promotions with the transport accident authority.

Last year, the TAC immediately terminated a sponsorship deal with Richmond when Tiger Jay Schulz, like Morrison, was caught driving with a blood-alcohol level over 0.05.

Morrison, like Schulz, was the second at his club to be caught breaking traffic laws.

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/melbourne-could-soon-be-history-151-proudly/2006/05/16/1147545326723.html

What a joke! Gutless hypocrites  >:(. They should change their slogan to Wipe off Credibility  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:17:21 PM »
They should change their slogan to Wipe off Credibility  :banghead.
Brilliant - email them with that message lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:26:47 PM »
They should change their slogan to Wipe off Credibility  :banghead.
Brilliant - email them with that message lol

We'll send them a few lol

TAC - drink drive bloody hypocrites  ;)

Moi

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 10:34:43 PM »
Sure our kids made some mistakes - they are young boys - but the RFC carried their messages for a long time, and it did it well in every other respect.
Not only is it the wrong message they are portraying now, it's a real slap in the face for our club.
They should not be involved in sporting clubs where there are young kids - just not the right mix.
They deserve all the criticism they get  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 10:55:32 PM »
I didn't have a problem with them dumping us as we had a binding contract with them. That was the risk having them as sponsors. I do with this as there is no difference in the circumstances (both 2nd offences) yet we were dumped within 24 hours and lectured about how seriously the TAC treat drink driving offences and that's why they had to dump us while the Pies get off scot free >:(

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
TAC Hypocrites - Pies Fined
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 12:46:25 PM »
Collingwood fined $200,000 by TAC

May 18, 2006 - 11:29AM

The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) has fined AFL club Collingwood $200,000 after Magpies player Chad Morrison was charged with drink-driving.

But the TAC stopped short of severing its sponsorship deal with Magpies.

The $200,000 fine covers the balance of the amount Collingwood would have received in the first year of the three-year deal in 2006.

Magpies chief executive Greg Swann said the club would continue to meet its obligations under the partnership arrangement.

Last year, the TAC terminated its major sponsorship deal with Richmond when Jay Schulz became the second Tigers player to be charged with drink-driving.

Prior to Morrison's indiscretion last month, his Magpies teammate Cameron Cloke lost his driver's licence in 2004 for speeding after being clocked at 144kph in a 100kph zone.

© 2006 AAP

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Collingwood-fined-200000-by-TAC/2006/05/18/1147545431121.html
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 01:05:33 PM »
Good luck to them I suppose.  The annoying part is that RFC were with the TAC for about 16 years and had 2 incidents in that time.

How long have CFC been associated with them and they’ve already had two crosses against their name and cop a virtual wrap over the knuckles?

Mixed messages or what?  An explanation would be good.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 01:39:40 PM »
I could say "please explain" but I think we are better off without TAC.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 02:46:44 PM »
Agree with you there Julz.  The TAC sponsorship is a heavy burden for any Club to carry.

Would just like to know what the difference is.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 03:51:05 PM »
3aw had a TAC spokeswoman on who was trying (badly) to justify their decision by saying the Pies situation was different to the RFC as the agreement with Collingwood had changed at the beginning of this year from a major sponsor down to a community program based one and this was the Pies first offence under this new agreement  ::). She also said the Pies had offered this suggestion to the TAC which helped retain the sponsorship. She was asked if the RFC offered or had the chance to offer to do the same  but all we got was ...a yes.. maybe.. I'm not aware of what happened. I very much doubt we were as we were publicly lectured about how serious they were about the D&D message :chuck 

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 04:33:12 PM »
How predictable that they send someone with a selective knowledge base, who conveniently knows everything there is to know about the CFC deal and not much about the RFC one.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 08:12:35 PM »
Surely the club should be trying to get a community program based sponsorship from the TAC again.

Not as a major sponsor, but at least it would show that the TAC are serious about getting the message across?

BAD press for the TAC if they dont.  Two different sets of rules is wrong.   

Its almost like saying if two cars break the speed limit by 30km -  A V8 (major sponsor) and a V6 (community sponsor) you could have 2 different outcomes - a fine (for the V6) or a cancellation (for the V8). 

Does that make the V8 sponsor less important?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 09:20:27 PM »
We have a community based program going with sponsor Connex Trains from memory. So stuff the TAC  :thumbsup.

Does that make the V8 sponsor less important?

According to the TAC that's a yes and on top of that you punish the V8 by $600k while the V6 only cops $200k  :banghead.