Author Topic: Fitness / Conditioning / Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager [merged]  (Read 19243 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
I really don't understand what's going on.

Facts are that Hardwick bailed in 2023 so we didn't have to pay the big dollars he was probably getting anymore.
McQualter was already on a wage so there's some savings whilst he was assistant/coach.

We lost Kingsley in 2022 to GWS so that was a savings.

We lost Rob Innes to Sydney in 2021 (how fit are the Swans now?) who could magically pay him money we couldn't spend. He was actually poached from us by Sydney.

We got Yze who has just coached our worst season ever so he should be on the lowest wages in the AFL.

Rutten left as assistant in 2019 and we took him back as an assistant in 2022 so no reason he should be on big money.

In 2022 we got the dud ex coach from the Cheats to be our assistant so you'd expect him to be on very low wages for doing absolutely nothing for us.

We lost the expert high performance manager Peter Burge to the hawks (how fit are the Hawks now?) in 2022 so a significant savings for us.

We had an assistant fitness bloke get the fitness gig so no big money there and the fact that he was such a flop proves we should have only been paying him basic wages.

We just lost our recruiting head for west coke.

We got zeibel who is new should be on starter wages. We got Newman from the hawks as an assistant and he isn't a huge name.

Kane Lambert has left so that's also a savings.

So that leaves Tim and Blair

Can someone please explain to me who or what we are paying the full cap on????

The club that keeps giving.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT

Facts are that Hardwick bailed in 2023 so we didn't have to pay the big dollars he was probably getting anymore.
McQualter was already on a wage so there's some savings whilst he was assistant/coach.

We lost Rob Innes to Sydney in 2021 (how fit are the Swans now?) who could magically pay him money we couldn't spend. He was actually poached from us by Sydney.

We got Yze who has just coached our worst season ever so he should be on the lowest wages in the AFL.

Rutten left as assistant in 2019 and we took him back as an assistant in 2022 so no reason he should be on big money.

In 2022 we got the dud ex coach from the Cheats to be our assistant so you'd expect him to be on very low wages for doing absolutely nothing for us.

We lost the expert high performance manager Peter Burge to the hawks (how fit are the Hawks now?) in 2022 so a significant savings for us.

We had an assistant fitness bloke get the fitness gig so no big money there and the fact that he was such a flop proves we should have only been paying him basic wages.

We got zeibel who is new should be on starter wages. We got Newman from the hawks as an assistant and he isn't a huge name.

Probably club administrators and accountants😰😰

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Firstly the soft cap is foot department only. Nothing to do with the admin of the accountants

Tigeritis you keep going on about savings but you neglect (refuse) to acknowledge the entire picture

You said Matt Clarke left for WC but he has been replaced so no saving

You said Kingsley left but he was replaced by Teague, so again no saving there

McQualter left and was replaced by 2 new coaches so no saving there

Lambert has only just left and as yet hasn't been replaced but will be

Teague has gone and has been replaced by Caracella, no savings there more likely extra cost

You bang on about Innes but he left when the soft cap was first cut. He got a job as the head of S&C at Sydney when the same job was not available at Richmond as we had Burge. Burge left after Innes was appointed at Sydney. Burge was not pushed out the door he walked out the door.

Did the Club stuff up appointing Meehan absolutely but to keep going on about the job should have gone to Innes is foolish.

You keep making assumptions on what or what level each assistant should be paid. Personally I think your assumptions are way off but hey that's just me and what would I know

With the utmost respect I do wonder if people really know what is covered under the soft cap? Everyone knows about the coaches, recruiting, medical staff, S&C, the admin part of the footy dept (e.g. Blair and Livo) but what about the rest of the costs?

There's the VFL program, recruiting scouts across the country, costs for interstate trips, equipment costs, IT costs, medical costs (e.g. scans, equipment) the list goes on.

I keep banging on about this but we don't know where it's getting spent, would be great to know but we don't.

I have a theory around the soft cap which I've been researching for a while now but haven't got the definitive answer I'm looking for. Once I do, if I do  ;D I'll share

« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 10:02:50 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
I'll be keen to know what you can find out WP.

But there's nothing wrong with asking the questions.

Hardwick would have been on huge coin with three premierships. Surely Yze isn't on the same coin.

Burge left and we had Meehan step up so I doubt very much he was on the same money as Burge.

So essentially I'm just flabbergasted we would be paying full soft cap with who we've got at the club that I mentioned on the previous post.

Now if you did fond out we spent it on an extra six or seven full time expert recruiters knowing we would be in this rebuilding phase then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

........unless they fluffed it on draft day.  :help
The club that keeps giving.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
It's hard to work out but I'd be fascinated to compare our Soft cap spending vs others.

A bit like the actual salary cap. Are we doing a Carlton and over paying too few? Are we doing a Freo and over spending on wrong areas 2 rucks at 2.5 mil a year is not good cap spending. Have we done this with Blair and Tim, with all due respect? Are other clubs spending half the soft cap on these roles?

Be interesting to see differences.
Go Tigers!

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Firstly the soft cap is foot department only. Nothing to do with the admin of the account

Tigeritis you keep going on about savings but you neglect (refuse) to acknowledge to the entire picture

You said Matt Clarke left for WC but he has been replaced so no saving

You said Kingsley left but he was replaced by Teague, so again no saving there

McQualter left and was replaced by 2 new coaches so no saving there

Lambert has only just left and as yet hasn't been replaced but will be

Teague has gone and has been replaced by Caracella, no savings there more likely extra cost

You bang on about Innes but he left when the soft cap was first cut. He got a job as the head of S&C at Sydney when the sane job was hot available at Richmond as we had Burge. Burge left after Innes was appointed at Sydney. Burge was not pushed out the door he walked out the door.

Did the Cub stuff up appointing Meehan absolutely but to keep going on about the job should have gone to Innes is foolish.

You keep making assumptions on what or what level each assistant should be paid. Personally I think your assumptions are way off but hey that's just me and what would I know

With the utmost respect I do wonder if people really know what is covered under the soft cap? Everyone knows about the coaches, recruiting, medical staff, S&C, the admin part of the footy dept (e.g. Blair and Livo) but what about the rest of the costs?

There's the VFL program, recruiting scouts across the country, costs for interstate trips, equipment costs, IT costs, medical costs (e.g. scans, equipment) the list goes on.

I keep banging on about this but we don't know where it's getting spent, would be great to know but we don't.

I have a theory around the soft cap which I've been researching for a while now but haven't got the definitive answer I'm looking for. Once I do, if I do  ;D I'll share
:bow