Author Topic: Fitness / Conditioning / Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager [merged]  (Read 19035 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
 :banghead

Were we asleep at the wheel again?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I still maintain that barring 2017, we had PLENTY of injury issues during our dynasty years when Inness was heading up our fitness program, we were just so damn good that we could cover for our best22 players being out as long as they came back for the business end of the season. Not as bad as the shitshow that was this season, but I don’t think we were by any means setting the industry standard back then either.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
:banghead

Were we asleep at the wheel again?

Depends if we get Burgess you'd say no  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
CROWS EXPECT TO RETAIN FITNESS GURU

ADELAIDE is expecting to retain high-performance boss Darren Burgess for 2025, amid strong interest in Victoria.

The highly rated fitness guru has attracted enquiries from at least three Victorian clubs, including Carlton and Richmond, but is contracted at West Lakes for next season.

The Crows have been planning for the off-season and pre-season with Burgess and have received no indication that he will depart the club.

Carlton has been on the hunt for a new high-performance boss following the departure of Andrew Russell, but has appointed Rob Inness from Sydney.

Geelong is also in the market, with physical performance manager Scott Murphy departing at the end of the season for a role at Rugby Australia.

Sydney will now be another in the hunt for a fitness boss in the pre-season.

Burgess is one of the leading high-performance managers in the country, starting at Sydney in the late 90s before stints at Port Adelaide, Football Federation Australia, Liverpool, Arsenal and Melbourne, before returning to South Australia to be closer to his children at the end of 2021. – Josh Gabelich

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1211422/inside-trading-tigers-up-bid-for-flag-star-suns-open-to-luko-move-giants-made-to-wait

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
FFS - sack Livingston he is completely stuffen useless. If Innes was available we should have got him

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Reported on SEN this morning that Carlton have managed to poach Rob Inness from the Swans.

Formerly with us and squeezed our during Covid.

Would have been great to get him back, but if Burgess is on the move we are well placed!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Squeezing out our fitness legend, surely someone else should have got the boot before him.

Port reckon they've got Burgess for 2025, he's contracted too. We'll see...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Update here: Grocks source just updated that Crows are making last ditch counter offer to keep Burgess.

His source feels like he will still sign with us though but isn't as strong as it was over the weekend.

Keeping everything crossed!

https://x.com/BFtigercast/status/1831510810667241916

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Reported on SEN this morning that Carlton have managed to poach Rob Inness from the Swans.

Would have been great to get him back, but if Burgess is on the move we are well placed!
:help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help

This bloody soft cap bullcrap is doing my head in. Surely with Yze we are paying way under it anyway. Why on earth didn't we offer this bloke some huge coin??

Why on earth are we acting like a poor club?   :banghead :banghead :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....

:help :help :help :help :help :help :help :help

This bloody soft cap bullcrap is doing my head in. Surely with Yze we are paying way under it anyway. Why on earth didn't we offer this bloke some huge coin??

Why on earth are we acting like a poor club?   :banghead :banghead :banghead

This stuffing redevelopment shambles has a lot to do with things IMO........ :lightning
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

This stuffing redevelopment shambles has a lot to do with things IMO........ :lightning

Serious question - how?

We pay the full soft cap. Where it gets spent is clearly the issue that is "doing people's heads in" and whether we should over spend and pay the tax

The redevelopment has nothing to do with it if we are paying the entire soft cap which as I said we are

How much cash reserves we use for the redevelopment is irrelevant to the soft cap.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Serious question - how?

We pay the full soft cap. Where it gets spent is clearly the issue that is "doing people's heads in" and whether we should over spend and pay the tax

The redevelopment has nothing to do with it if we are paying the entire soft cap which as I said we are

How much cash reserves we use for the redevelopment is irrelevant to the soft cap.

sorry i dont buy it. We may have paid the full soft cap this year, but if it wasnt for the shambles that is that redevelopment and the delays brought on by blokes at the club who had checked out, then maybe we would have other cash to pay the luxury tax.

we are skimming big time because of this redevelopment which is probably why they hired Magic Luke :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020

Serious question - how?

What in the world are we spending it on?
Yze should be on basic starters wages and an average support team led by rejected former failed coaches (ie.Teague, Rutten) and a newbie (Zeibel), surely Newman isn't getting all the money? 
Or is Maric got unlimited funds to find ways to recruit all his ubiquitous cousins?   :help
A second rate development team led by Morris.   :help
We lost our recruiting head to West Coke Eagles.  :help
We had an inadequate fitness department head led by a former secondary to the assistant.  :help

We just had our WORST season ever.  :banghead

It's absolutely mindboggling.  :pullhair :scared

I'm really losing confidence in Tim.

Where's is all this soft cap money spent????  :help
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
I'd imagine just about every club spends the full amount in their soft cap, the point here is that we're a big club with a huge membership base and we should be able to afford to go over the soft cap and pay the the tax.....unless there are other factors at play... :shh :whistle
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"