Author Topic: Fitness / Conditioning / Luke Meehan appointed Physical Performance Manager [merged]  (Read 19039 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Don't let the door hit you on the way out haha

Thank goodness

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
https://x.com/cleary_mitch/status/1827939737098956863

:dancing :dancing :dancing

edited for clear baiting.

If your clear baiting was directed at any other poster but me you'd be receiving strike
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Luke Meehan to depart Richmond

Luke Meehan has made the decision to depart Richmond, following 12 years with the Club.

By Richmond Media
1 hr ago

Richmond’s Physical Performance Manager, Luke Meehan, has made the decision to step away from the Club after 12 years working in the football department.

Meehan initially joined Richmond from the Western Bulldogs ahead of the 2013 season, having also spent time at Geelong.

The experienced AFL strength, conditioning, and physical performance coach has held the Physical Performance Manager role at the Club for the past two seasons.

Meehan had previously been Richmond’s strength and conditioning coach for a decade.

Richmond General Manager, Football Performance Tim Livingstone, thanked Meehan for his contribution to the Club, highlighted by his integral role in three premierships and eight finals campaigns.

“Luke has been a valued member of our football program for more than a decade, and his expertise has been a key part of what we have achieved as a Club,” he said.

“Having concluded the season, Luke has decided he is ready for a change, and has informed us that he will look at different opportunities for 2025 and beyond.

“We thank Luke and his family for all they have given to the Club and wish them all the best for the future.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1640286/luke-meehan-to-depart-richmond
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fitness / Conditioning 2022
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2024, 05:28:18 PM »
Burgess leaves the dees and they all  a sudden can’t finish off teams in the second half.

I expect much of the same in 2023 from us, unless we start loading up in this department. Not replacing inness cost us games this year. Look at the swans. Flying.

Rob Inness was our rehab guy

Correct.

How many repeat injuries did we have this year?

Yet we want to be tightarses, and rather spend money on other areas which have little
influence to our onfield performance.

Can tell you know if we want to load up on hopper with the rubbish we dished out this year, then expect more rehab time for that kid.

If we end up with Luke as our main man then we would be making a big mistake as he was part of this years problem.

:shh

The dud is out.

Off season is starting well for Oze. I have the feeling he waited until the final siren before telling us what he really thought of magic hands. More of that ruthless attitude with the players :thumbsup

Also no more of this soft cap rubbish some posters keep crapping on about.

Go out and get the best.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
His position was untenable. I wonder if the club said go or be fired.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
His position was untenable. I wonder if the club said go or be fired.

Can bet your ballsack on it

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
def.

Watch Yzes presser. I bet he had been waiting a long time to tell us what he thought of the dud.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Horst: Attention workers, we have completed our evaluation of the plant. We regret to announce the following lay-offs, which I will read in alphabetical order:
[pause]
Horst: Meehan, Magic.
[pause]
Horst: That is all.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
I wish the best and maybe it was just bad luck🫣, BUT ,hopefully he gets the top job at Collingwood or better still Carlton ,

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
The last two years have been below standard.

Have to give him credit. He was part of the system and structure that gave us 3 flags. 2013 he joined, unsure if he had much to do with getting Grimes right, but that was a huge piece of the puzzle of our dynasty.

Wish him well.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame

Have to give him credit. He was part of the system and structure that gave us 3 flags. 2013 he joined, unsure if he had much to do with getting Grimes right, but that was a huge piece of the puzzle of our dynasty.

Wish him well.

Evidence from the last two years would suggest he had nothing to do with getting anyone right

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick

Wish him well.

Evidence from the last two years would suggest he had nothing to do with getting anyone right

I'm more giving him credit for his work pre main gig. I'm glad to see him be replaced but being part of the strength and conditioning pre and during our dynasty I'd happily tip my hat to him.

Happy of the result and someone fresh comes in with more experience at the top job of performance.
Go Tigers!

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The jump from being a support act to being the head can be too much for some. Look at all the great assistants who faltered when they became senior coaches. I suspect luke and the club overestimated Luke’s abilities and that lead us to this poo storm we’re currently in

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond will target Adelaide Fitness Boss Darren Burgess.

Darren Burgess is set to depart Adelaide and move to Victoria, Carlton are also heavily tracking the fitness boss.

most likely going to Carlton, but still were in the mix

https://x.com/CameronHicks__/status/1829402490506539229

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Carlton have hired Rob Inness so leaves us open for Burgess.