Author Topic: Geelong Game  (Read 1350 times)

Bulluss

Geelong Game
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »
Went to ticketmaster today to try and book seats for the Rd 9 game against the Cats and there is no more seats left.

General Admission/Standing room only.

Is anyone else still planning to go who hasnt got tickets?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Geelong Game
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »
Bull,

I bought tickets on Tuesday off the internet.  :banghead

Had terrible trouble purchasing :banghead everytime I searched I'd get a message saying they (Ticketmaster) couldn't process my request and that I should reduce the number of tickets I wanted :scream :wallywink  :banghead l

In the end I had no option but to select "Best Available" and got ripped off to the tune of $52.50 per seat :gobdrop :gobdrop

Skilled Stadium and the GFC are joke went it comes to selling seats down there. I've complained to everyone this week about it even the AFL

And you know what will tick me off the most :help

On match day we'll get there and there will be plenty of empty seats because Cat's memebers wont turn up or the seats they hold for sale on the morning of the match wont get sold

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:04:24 PM »
The Cats have oversold their membership according to the Rumour File this morning, and not all their members can get in.
Stiff  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:11:02 PM »
The Cats have oversold their membership according to the Rumour File this morning, and not all their members can get in.
Stiff  ;D

They're feral enough down there as it is without allowing more in  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 08:33:15 AM »
Stiff  ;D

Well that wouldn't be hard they have a stadium that holds 28,000 people and they have over 30,000 members

They upgrade their stadium but they don't increase capacity ::) ::)

And to think that both the Dome and MCG are vacant that day and people are not going to be able to get in  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 10:06:25 PM »
Told a mate I would get the tickets for us. And DOH it slipped my mind, got on the net Tuesday arvo and looks like it is standing room again this year.
And they are not ferals they are dipshts. :gotigers

PS: Got my tickets for the Hawks game though  :cheers

Now after todays efforts  :gobdrop I go down to the cattery with expectations 
So how do we go about this now, for what it is worth I reckon we  go all out attack and see what comes of it.

Geelong will be fired up and for that reason alone I think they may be unnacountable, trying to smash us apart as they hold little respect for us (fair enough).

Dont go down with a game plan A and B - Just take an A plan down, cats are down and if we can get an early run that may be all that is needed to sow the seeds. Dont play the game we did last time against them, they will be expecting it, I think.

All in all the kids have got to learn now how to play both ways, so this game go all out attack and continue the learning curve.

Wallace said he wont hide anything at training, so it will be interseting to hear/see how we go about it this week. :gotigers
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 03:18:39 AM by CUB »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 02:55:15 AM »
We go from the hunter to the hunted this week. Bomber Thompson and the pussies will be under the pump from all and sundry after getting caned by the 102 points to the Pies last night. The Cats just couldn't get their hands on the footy. They're now exactly in the position we were in last week and we're now in Adelaide's possie having to face them on their dung heap. A big test for our young group. We need to get off to good start. Kicking the first 3 goals yesterday gave us confidence and belief.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ticketing for Round 9 Geelong v’s Richmond – Skilled Stadium
richmondfc.com.au
4:00:26 PM Mon 22 May, 2006

For all members and supporters wanting to travel to Geelong for this Saturday’s game, please be advised that there is limited reserved seating available, with only single seats remaining.

General admission (standing room) entry is still available, but there is concern that these will be taken quickly. So we recommend that all 16 game members consider contacting Ticketmaster7 and paying the $3.10 booking fee to ensure entry, prior to the game selling out. When calling please have your 2006 membership card ready as you’ll have to quote your barcode number.

We also encourage all 11 game members and supporters to pre-purchase general admission tickets for the game and pay the $3.10 booking fee to ensure entry.

Please note: We do not recommend that members and supporters travel to Geelong without guaranteed entry as there is a strong possibility the venue will be at capacity and Tiger supporters could miss out on entry.

For any enquiries about ticketing for the Geelong game at Skilled Stadium, please contact Ticketmaster7 on 1300 136 122.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=aroundtheclubdisplay&articleid=267690

Bulluss

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 06:51:08 PM »
I picked up a seat this afternoon. The options were spread all over the place and as they said only single seats.

Moi

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 07:03:46 PM »
I got a ticket too woohoo  :thumbsup

Anyone know if there is any after match functions like there was last year?