Author Topic: To flood or attack?  (Read 818 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
To flood or attack?
« on: May 20, 2006, 02:57:52 AM »
Adelaide faces the prospect of a nine-man Tiger backline flood from the outset today.

Craig suspects the Tigers will provide the "perfect" game whether focusing on "flooding, man-on-man tactics or all-out attack".

Going by the Advertiser it seems Adelaide think we'll come out and ultra-flood to avoid blowouts in consecutive weeks.

Will Wallace do something like he did down at Geelong last year or will he just stick to the attacking gameplan and treat the game given we have heaps of young guys as part of their footy education win, lose or shalacking?

Thoughts?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: To flood or attack?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 08:31:04 AM »
What have we really got to lose?  Attack in the first half and flood in the second.

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 09:01:45 AM »
MT,

i think that we only flooded at Geelong last year due to the wind advantage to one end.

I dont think we will flood at the dome today, i think we will continue to try and play our run and carry style of footy.

Practise makes perfect  :thumbsup

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 09:32:19 AM »
MT,

i think that we only flooded at Geelong last year due to the wind advantage to one end.

I dont think we will flood at the dome today, i think we will continue to try and play our run and carry style of footy.

Practise makes perfect  :thumbsup

i agree, at geelong we only flooded and played possession footy when facing that stiff breeze, was smart coaching and if it wasnt  4 a few doubtful frees to geelong and flukey arse goals we would have won!

i dont think we will flood today, i think terry will just try and play his game plan  and keep developing this run and carry game plan of his. i think adelaide will flood , they always do, they always get men behind the ball and run it fwd .

what i think terry wil do is prob make all our blokes accountable and play man on man footy and try and make every ball a contest and see if we can run and carry the pill and maybe catch adel on an "off" day.

but i would rather us get thumped trying to win , than lose  playing crappy footy.

we may have got thumped last week, but some sugns were good and worth while being their to see
for eg, the passage of play where polo from the wing spotted bling streaming  down the guts and rather bombing to richo he crossed the ball in fron of bling who gathered ran to the 50 and banged a gr8 goal!  if it were chris judd all would have creamed their pants watching it , but because it was bling in a tiger team getting thumped, it didnt even raise an eyebrow