Author Topic: Terry Wallace + god!  (Read 2401 times)

letsgetiton!

Terry Wallace + god!
« on: May 20, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »
terry wallace is a genius ! who cares about how ugly it may have been according to the commentators, but only terry could have achieved this result 4 us and no other coach!!!!!

terry ur the man

and all u andrew krak baggers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,EAT ME!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Terry Wallace + god!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 04:59:29 PM »
I couldn't stand the commentary so we hit the mute button and did our own, which was hilarious.  We almost forgot to put the sound back on to hear the final siren and we all went crazy when it did.

Well done Tiges :gotigers

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:18:05 PM »
+ god =?

An interesting game - well coached. Hope they don't do it too often, but feel free to do it when necessary.

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 05:30:10 PM »

X,

While it is great that we won the game, it was very scrappy and many players had "INFLATED" possesion totals today.

One of them was Krak, along with Paddy Bowden and there a more to add to the list.

Sure Krak played ok today but he needs to do it more than once before you can tell us to Eat you ;D.

i heard that our average marks per game this season was 80, today we had 180. Enough said.

As i said earlier, great to win the game but i dont want us to do this too often.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 06:38:10 PM by TheBull »

letsgetiton!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 03:07:03 AM »

X,

While it is great that we won the game, it was very scrappy and many players had "INFLATED" possesion totals today.

One of them was Krak, along with Paddy Bowden and there a more to add to the list.

Sure Krak played ok today but he needs to do it more than once before you can tell us to Eat you ;D.

i heard that our average marks per game this season was 80, today we had 180. Enough said.

As i said earlier, great to win the game but i dont want us to do this too often.

GET OFF IT BULL!
krak was good  v the swans and better this week and was in and under , won ccontested ball and won loose balls and also took strong  gutsy marks!

u just cant accept it that he is a valued player and much better than u give him credit 4!

at least im big enough to pat tiv on the back for his gr8 job as a tagger today !

eat me!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 03:09:18 AM »
+ god =?

An interesting game - well coached. Hope they don't do it too often, but feel free to do it when necessary.

sorry it was a typo , meant to be =

and btw, it was not the first time we used those tactics, we did it on a smaller scale v the cats last yr  in rnd 22 againstthe wind 4 two quarters!

we wont use those tactics all yr but the 4 pts are the most important thing and u have to do what you have to do to win!

its not terrys fault the crows were too plain stupid and never manned up!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 03:26:30 AM »
It was shocking to watch but we gave Adelaide a taste of their own medicine. We controlled the tempo for 99% of the match slowing and speeding it up when desired and the Crows had no answer.

We'll get bagged for doing it although it was in response to Adelaide's ultra-flood. We've seen keepings off before in the final minutes of tight games but not for 3 quarters like we did it for.

All credit to Wallace but that sort of tactic only works when it is a surprise and you're a couple of goals in front. Opposition clubs would go man on man if we tried that every second week. Took Adelaide till the last 5 minutes before realising that. It's one way to break open a flood though  :-\ and as Moi said after the game it does wonders for your dreamteam score lol. On ya Joel  :thumbsup.  
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 09:35:41 AM »
GET OFF IT BULL!
krak was good  v the swans and better this week and was in and under , won ccontested ball and won loose balls and also took strong  gutsy marks!

u just cant accept it that he is a valued player and much better than u give him credit 4!

at least im big enough to pat tiv on the back for his gr8 job as a tagger today !

eat me!

X

I never said that Krak never played ok, just said he had inflated possesions as did many others.

Krak was OK against the swans and improved his performance again yesterday on last week.

The facts are still there to show that he is still EXTREMELY inconsistant and rarely puts 2 good games together.

FACTS are that Krak isnt really that valued. Take him out of the team and what difference will it make? JACK poo

If he can maintain some good form for a period of time and not go missing when the team needs him then he may become a valued member of the team.

Moi

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 10:49:24 AM »
It was good to see Krak getting more of the ball, but if he couldn't get a possie yesterday, you really would be scratching your head.
I hope this gives him confidence to go on, but i won't be holding my breath.
He's only ever shown a lazy attitude from the word go, with a couple of good games under his belt.
For the amount of faith coaches have shown in him, with such little return, he is leading a charmed life.  Hopefully, with more kids pushing for selection, he will lift his game.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 02:14:50 PM »
I thought our tactics yesterday were excellent. It was like watching a chess match unfold. If anything, our guys got some valuable disposal practice against a very tough team. AK's presence in the team was invaluable especially in the first half.
When I saw the team changes I never doubted we would win this one. I knew it would be close though. I along with Moi, WP & Sawyer were the only ones who tipped us and the margin. Congrats guys for keeping the faith. :thumbsup

I thought Krak had a pretty good game. I think some negative focus should be taken off him and put on Coghlan. There is something wrong with him. Even the commentators said he was not the player he once was. Still can't do a stab pass to save himself and looks very slow. He did kick a very important goal though but that was it. During the breaks he looked exhausted and that slip over and not getting up quick enough to chase his man gave the crows a very easy goal.
If TW isn't prepared to drop him then put him in the forward pocket and allow someone like Foley more action. 

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 12:16:05 PM »
Just trying to get my head around that game.  As far as the spectacle goes, inmost respects it was awful, in the extreme.

But if we put aside how the game looked and see things from a coach’s point of view then it was one of the proudest days a coach could ever have.  Given the inexperience of the Richmond team and the opposition they were up against, you would have to say it was a momentous win.

One thing I have to say though, TW said he adopted this game plan because of the players that were out of the team.  However, in the previous 8 encounters I think it is, Adelaide have beaten us by an average of 40 points.  So, seriously, why were our chances any better with a more experienced line up than they were with the team that was out there on Saturday?  That’s where I reckon the argument maybe falls down a bit.

But anyway, from a future point of view, this is the sort of win that can build greater belief, resolve and confidence in a team, so it will be interesting to see the impact this win has on the rest of the season.  It’s the first win we’ve had under TW that was unexpected.  The majority of our other wins have been against teams we could expect to beat.  So it’s worth savouring the moment.

You wouldn’t want to see that every week, but as a supporter, you can live with it, as an exception to the way we would normally play, rather than the rule, if you know and understand the circumstances and eventually see the difference a win like that makes to the team in the weeks to come.

Otherwise it was a waste of an afternoon at the footy.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 04:06:05 PM »
Ploughs new nickname is Otto. Richmond reminded me so much of Greece during Euro 2004. A smart coach with an average team which outsmarted the opposition. Otto Rehaggel is a genius not sure about Plough...but im pretty sure hes a better coach than whatever weve had in the last 15 or 20 years.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace on Sport 927 this morning (audio)
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 04:33:31 PM »
Tigers coach, Terry Wallace, joined the breakfast team to discuss the big talking point of round eight: the Tigers tactics used to beat Adelaide.

http://sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/TW_220506.asx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace - coach of the week (afl site)
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 04:35:42 PM »
Round eight ponderings
9:20:20 PM Sun 21 May, 2006
Paul Gough
Exclusive to afl.com.au

Coach of the week:  TERRY WALLACE (Richmond)

The Tigers' boss had the sort of day that league coaches dream of on Saturday when his players carried off his pre-match planning to perfection.

Well aware his injury-riddled side had been thrashed by 20 goals by Sydney last week, Wallace knew his inexperienced team was in danger of copping a similar hiding from premiership favourites Adelaide at Telstra Dome on Saturday unless he came up with something radically different.

So Wallace instructed his players to hang onto the ball at all costs and simply starve Adelaide of possession with the ultra-possession game working so well that the Tigers recorded the highest number of marks ever taken in a game on their way to a three point win.

It was the biggest upset of the season so far and one for which Wallace deserves the highest praise for engineering, and it was a win comparable to the famous one Wallace pulled off using similar tactics for the Bulldogs against Essendon, in what was the Bombers' only loss during their all-conquering 2000 season.

And it is a win that has suddenly left Richmond handily placed at four wins and four losses after eight rounds particularly with Kane Johnson, Darren Gaspar, Ray Hall and Nathan Brown all set to return to the side shortly.

But for Adelaide it was a loss which could return to haunt them at season's end, particularly as West Coast were able to survive a scare away from home against another lowly team in Essendon the following day.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=267404

Moi

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 04:42:57 PM »
Interesting Kevin Sheedy said he "MAY" play that style in the future  :wallywink