Author Topic: Injury updates 2022  (Read 16686 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Injury updates 2022
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2022, 11:09:29 AM »
you guys? who actually said that?

i said the diagnosis is FOS, as it has dusty listed as 2-3 making it a potential 6 weeks after a second hammy is not normal for a guy who has no history of soft tissue injuries.

I would understand 1 week which means limited game time next week.

Also there may not be a next week after the bombers game.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2022, 03:46:35 PM »
Noone is playing 21 days after redoing a hammy. Even Peter Burge wouldn’t allow that ::)

Will be 23 days on Sunday when we play Hawks. Still listed as 2-3 weeks away though.

So just so we are clear - you guys wanna rush dusty back but think our soft tissue injury management is rubbish ?  :clapping

Glad you asked to clear it up - nobody is suggesting that at all from what I can see. Just stating that if he was recovering on schedule then his 2-3 week lay off should be ending and he should be returning to the team on Sunday, but either his recovery is going poorly and this isn't communicated by the club or something else is going on.

Don't want to rush him back, just want to know why it's behind schedule.

you guys? who actually said that?

i said the diagnosis is FOS, as it has dusty listed as 2-3 making it a potential 6 weeks after a second hammy is not normal for a guy who has no history of soft tissue injuries.

I would understand 1 week which means limited game time next week.

Also there may not be a next week after the bombers game.

He gets it!

Heck I'd even let him play VFL just 50% game time so he has some sort of run around without compromising the health of the AFL team or his own hammies by playing too hard/long.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2022, 04:33:51 PM »
They did communicate last week that it wasn’t progressing as they’d like. They also said they’re hopeful he could play some part in the bombers game which is in a fortnight hence the 2-3 weeks that is listed. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2022, 07:59:06 PM »
They did communicate last week that it wasn’t progressing as they’d like. They also said they’re hopeful he could play some part in the bombers game which is in a fortnight hence the 2-3 weeks that is listed. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Didn't see/read that, cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2022, 05:49:24 PM »
Peter Burge's latest injury update:

Jack Graham, foot

"Jack's in a situation now where he's had a turf toe type issue for most of the season and we've been managing it as well as we can. Jack's been unbelievable in his ability to train and to manage that problem, but he started to feel some awareness and soreness on the outside of his foot on the weekend which caught us by surprise a little bit, and we had some scans on Monday which showed he's got a little bit of a stress issue, a stress reaction, in his third metatarsal. Jack's in a moon boot at the moment and he'll be offloaded for seven days. It's on the minor end of stress-type injuries, so we're hopeful that in the backend of next week we'll be running again. In terms of the finals series, he's certainly at this stage questionable for the first final, but we're optimistic that we'll have him in a position where he'll be hopefully training and available to play that week."

Shane Edwards, ankle

"Shane just had an incident with his ankle where he fell on the ground and someone fell across him and it just jammed his ankle into the ground. So, he was a little bit sore at the time, came off the ground and reported it and got re-strapped and went back onto the ground. So, there's no issue there and he'll be playing this week."

Dustin Martin, hamstring

"He's certainly progressed in the last week and even what we saw today was really promising. Dustin's barely had an injury, let alone a soft-tissue injury, in his whole career, so sometimes these things can be tricky and the player can be a little apprehensive, and given we had a little incident a few weeks ago, it's just taken us a little bit of time to build some confidence and make that progression. But, in the last seven days there's been great progress, and we're running at a speed now and changing direction, kicking, all the things we need to do to tick off. So, I would expect in the next seven days there would be more progression and then we can talk about return to skills. At this stage, things are looking really good. Obviously he won't be playing this week, but we've then got the bye week into the finals, and whenever our first final falls we'll make a plan hopefully for Dustin."

Dylan Grimes, hamstring

"Dylan had surgery around 12 days ago. He had a bit of work in his upper hamstring tendon, proximal tendon area, a bit of reinforcement to give it some real strength. Given the issue we've dealt with in the past, that was the decision that Dylan and the surgeons made... He's had that surgery, he's now recovering from that surgery, and we're planning the next steps in terms of how we get him moving again and what that looks like. Obviously with the finals series coming up, he won't be playing in our first final. If we're fortunate to move deeper into finals, there is some chance that Dylan can get back, but right now it's more on the less likely side of things. But, we'll never say never... He's one of our captains and we'll be doing everything we can to prepare him to play in the later part of the season if we can progress and perform really well."

Thomson Dow, concussion

"He'll go through the final stages of the concussion protocols with the doctor, he's done everything he needed. So, I expect he'll pass that and will be playing this weekend."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1200471/pilot-medical-update-round-23-2022

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2022, 05:50:25 PM »
Richmond Injury List:

Probable

Shane Edwards – ankle

Thomson Dow – concussion

Unavailable

Jack Graham – foot (short-term)

Dustin Martin – hamstring (short-term)

Dylan Grimes – hamstring (medium-term)

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/football/afl/injury-list

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2022, 06:16:37 PM »
Medical room: The full AFL injury list, R23

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
16 August 2022

Thomson Dow    Concussion    Test
 Shane Edwards    Ankle    Test
 Jack Graham    Foot    2-3 weeks
 Dustin Martin    Hamstring    2-3 weeks
 Dylan Grimes    Hamstring    3-4 weeks

Updated: August 16, 2022

Early prognosis
Graham has been managing a "turf toe-type injury" this season and it flared up against Hawthorn. Scans have shown a minor stress reaction in his foot, and he's set to be a test for the first final. Edwards should play this week after tweaking his ankle, while Martin is progressing well and is hopeful for the elimination final. Grimes has definitely been ruled out of the first final.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/823834/medical-room-the-full-afl-injury-list-r23

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2022, 08:58:27 PM »
By the sounds of it Grimes is done for 2022

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2022, 11:22:10 PM »

Does sound like it although I’d still bring him straight in for a prelim or even a granny if we make it that far.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2022, 11:28:11 AM »

Does sound like it although I’d still bring him straight in for a prelim or even a granny if we make it that far.

That would have some Phil Davis 2019 vibes about it. 

Broadsword

« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2022, 12:03:08 PM »

Agreed. Though Davis declared himself right to play when he clearly wasn't. I'd like to think Grimes would declare himself not right to play in similar circumstances.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2022, 02:29:49 PM »

Agreed. Though Davis declared himself right to play when he clearly wasn't. I'd like to think Grimes would declare himself not right to play in similar circumstances.

Correct. Davis was never actually fit to play. I’m assuming grimes gets cleared to play and gets through training. Given the calibre of the player coupled with the fact I don’t think Gibcus is providing much atm I think it’s worth doing.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2022, 06:26:02 PM »
Richmond Injury List: (Updated - August 22, 2022)

Probable

Tom Lynch - groin soreness

Questionable

Jack Graham – foot

Dustin Martin – hamstring

Unavailable

Dylan Grimes – hamstring (medium-term)

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/football/afl/injury-list

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2022, 07:40:31 PM »
Medical room: The full AFL injury list after R23

Jack Graham    Foot    Test
 Tom Lynch    Groin    Test
 Dustin Martin    Hamstring    Test
 Dylan Grimes    Hamstring    3-4 weeks

Updated: August 23, 2022

Early prognosis

It's a short list, but some fairly big names to say the least. Lynch is all but certain to play in the elimination final against Brisbane, while Martin and Graham are listed as "questionable", rather than Lynch's "probable". – Sarah Black

https://www.afl.com.au/news/829207/medical-room-the-full-afl-injury-list-after-r23

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2022, 07:05:42 PM »
Peter Burge's latest medical update - August 29

Dustin Martin (hamstring)

"Dustin had a really encouraging session today (Monday) and he fully trained the whole session, on top of fully training on Saturday. He's ticked all the markers that we wanted him to in terms of full return to training and for his availability. So, at the moment he's completed everything we've asked of him and now it's just a matter of taking it to match committee, and the coaches and us as a match committee deciding if he's available for selection or not."

Jack Graham (foot)

"Jack, in a similar situation to Dustin, was modified last week and had some boxes to tick just with recovering from his foot injury. He did most of training on Saturday and today he fully trained, so he is available for selection for Thursday night."

Dylan Grimes (hamstring)

"Dylan has started running in the last week and has progressed actually a little quicker than we'd expected. So, today he was running at about 60 per cent pace and he started changing direction and doing some low level agility movements. His progression has been really encouraging. As I've said previously, the deeper we go into the finals, the better the chance Dylan has of returning. But certainly today, the speed he was able to get to was really encouraging for us."

Tom Lynch (groin soreness)

"'Lynchy' is really good. He fully trained today off the back of training on Saturday, so he'll also be available for selection this week."

Noah Cumberland (foot)

"Noah had an incident last Thursday. We had a pretty strong hit-out with the whole group, some match practice, and he just had some direct trauma onto his foot. He kicked another player's leg and at the time it didn't look so good, but he pulled up really well within 24 hours, it was just a really bad bruise on the top of his foot. He trained on Saturday and fully trained today and he's fine, he'll be ready to go Thursday night."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1210018/pilot-medical-update-elimination-final-2022