Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Saints?  (Read 3615 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for next week against the Saints?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2022, 11:51:15 AM »
Hmm just on one of those named by the club. M Rioli. People talk about players having to earn a spot but this smacks of picking a bloke on name.

He got two games last year when he should not have  and was poor imo. based on the one good outing last week  gets named this week.

A player with a far better body of work imo in Cumberland is not picked.

I think it good to play kids but in this case i think we picked the wrong one. Like daniel it seems the Rioli name has got JR  a game in front of others. Thats just my perception on it.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2022, 12:14:11 PM »
Agree , on consistency of form Cumberland should be the next in line.
Unless the club knows something we don’t as an observer it seems to be inconsistent with earning a spot on this selection.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2022, 01:06:56 PM »
Hmm just on one of those named by the club. M Rioli. People talk about players having to earn a spot but this smacks of picking a bloke on name.

He got two games last year when he should not have  and was poor imo. based on the one good outing last week  gets named this week.

I think it good to play kids but in this case i think we picked the wrong one. Like daniel it seems the Rioli name has got JR  a game in front of others. Thats just my perception on it.

You just look for any excuse to have a good old whinge, don’t ya?

MRJ was named by many as one of our best in the VFL, now you’re complaining that he’s been rewarded by being named as an emergency.  :lol

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2022, 01:17:44 PM »
I would have selected them both...possibly Stack as well

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2022, 01:34:41 PM »

MRJ was named by many as one of our best in the VFL, now you’re complaining that he’s been rewarded by being named as an emergency.  :lol

Imagine if Rioli gets to play and they drop Costagna. He would have to complain and congratulate at the same time. Oh and btw I wouldnt mind if they play Rioli if they drop Costagna, he really couldn't do any worse. Cant see it happening though.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2022, 04:19:31 PM »

do i or is it a bit of truth that irks you.

Bottom line is others have been put up for games by many supporters after good periods and all we get is no they have not earnt it. How has Rioli earnt it on the back of one decent game. If thats the NEW CRITERIA then there is no reason not to play more of the kids on the back of a good game or when a regular stinks it up.

Funny how younger blokes with the exception of famous names and higher draft picks have to stay in the two's and work on supposed short comings while regulars display short comings every week.

As to Castagna id be pleased just to have them try someone different, they cannot do any worse or be less skilled.
If it is  Rioli this week  id be pleased we are at last trying someone different but id be disappointed we could not play the most deserving player.

Its almost as if they have been waiting for a decent game to happen to justify playing him.

Just on Rioli's two games last yr 9 disposals of which 5 were clangers he managed a cheapie goal in each game had 2 tackles in each just the 1 one percenter and 1 c/p and generally ran around like a headless chook chasing opponents all day.

One preseason and one good ressie game later and he leapfrogs everyone.

Maybe they want to send him down the Daniel path where all he has to do is apply pressure and little else  he would fit right in as we have plenty who do that.