Author Topic: Richmond vs Essendon --- Dreamtime @ the 'G --- Round 10, 2022  (Read 6545 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Essendon --- Dreamtime @ the 'G --- Round 10, 2022
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2022, 06:54:52 AM »
ESSENDON defender Mason Redman has been offered a one-match ban for his elbow to the throat of Richmond's Dion Prestia.

Redman raised his forearm as Prestia attempted to block his path during the second quarter of Richmond's Dreamtime win on Saturday.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct, low impact, and high contact, drawing a one-match ban.

Prestia appeared on ABC Radio on Sunday with a hoarse voice and was asked if it had anything to do with Redman's forearm connecting with his throat.

"It might, it might. Maybe there was another incident that I don't know about, but yeah, it might be," Prestia said.

"It took me by surprise a bit but I'm sure they'll sort that out themselves."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/766168/match-review-bomber-cops-ban-for-striking

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2022, 10:31:51 AM »
Dions comments are interesting. Usually see players try to downplay any incidents to try and get the cited players off.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2022, 11:59:44 AM »
Probably because it was a dog move.

I'm more disappointed that Francis wasn't sited for charging into Nank's back. Thought that was worse.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2022, 04:56:40 PM »
I haven't seen anything but did Pain Cornes say anything about Essendon's attempted "toughness"??

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2022, 07:38:43 PM »
Wasn’t it great to see that the Pride flag was back in the cheer squad on Saturday night in all its rainbow glory   :rollin

It’s so so so important for Richmond to be seen to be inclusive that we must have the pride flag visual representation so everyone knows about it especially for the blockbuster games and it happens to be the biggest flag out there too.  :clapping :lol

I wonder if I make a big Christian flag for a “footy game” if I will be welcomed with open arms by everyone down there at the club too. I’ll only make my flag half the size as the pride flag so I don’t look as proud as they are    :lol :rollin

The club that keeps giving.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2022, 08:08:13 PM »
Well it’s pride Month so hence the flag right? If the Christian flag means so much to you No one is stopping you. Go wild!

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2022, 08:37:42 PM »
What the eff is a Christian flag?

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2022, 08:39:30 PM »
The AFL has a dedicated round for basically everything other than the male white Anglo Saxon’s

Wondering when we get one of those

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2022, 08:40:36 PM »

It’s isn’t even recognised by all Christian denominations

So don’t feel bad not knowing what it is

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2022, 09:25:11 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Rutten)

Richmond v Essendon

9 Liam Baker (RICH)
8 Dion Prestia (RICH)
7 Toby Nankervis (RICH)
2 Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
2 Mason Redman (ESS)
2 Jayden Short (RICH)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/767364/coaches-votes-r10-prolific-demon-grabs-lead-no-10-for-charlie

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2022, 10:00:13 PM »

It’s isn’t even recognised by all Christian denominations

So don’t feel bad not knowing what it is
Well it’s pride Month so hence the flag right? If the Christian flag means so much to you No one is stopping you. Go wild!
:lol
Don’t use too much brain power fellas I was only just thinking out loud.  :rollin :rollin

Clearly it’s not enough that the rainbow gender affirming “people” haven’t just hijacked the AFLW but in the AFL we also need to celebrate a lifestyle too and footy must be seen to embrace it by dressing in rainbow and pink and rainbow socks and might as well wear tassels on the nipples and arseless chaps too whilst getting the goal umpires to wave rainbow flags when a goal is kicked and let everyone know about how much we affirm and accept it because it’s got so much to do with footy.  :rollin

If there was such a thing as a Christian flag it would actually be unnecessary to bring it to a footy match and I doubt very much it would be equally accepted and affirmed.

I just remember the days when Footy used to be just entertaining and it didn’t feel the need to bring any social or religious ideological commentary to the game because the game was enough without it. I miss those days. 

If I want a church I’ll go to one.

Tigeritis (he/him, cis gendered, white privileged, able-bodied, heterosexual, Christian, Tiger member).

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2022, 06:42:45 AM »
Every-time I drive past a busy intersection, every second one of them has a church on it. Normally with a bad slogan out the front.

Christianity has a louder voice than it’s relevance to the modern world.
Good luck to them.

If people want to wave a rainbow flag as a small vote for recognition then good for them too.

The time for Christianity to have a complete monopoly over voice and expression in this country disappeared many years ago.

Thank god.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2022, 09:57:48 AM »

no mate, think its been there all year im pretty sure.

I dont really gaf at all until they start taking a knee for those types which will probably come soon.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2022, 10:01:43 AM »

no mate, think its been there all year im pretty sure.

I dont really gaf at all until they start taking a knee for those types which will probably come soon.
Only at the blockbuster games. Makes me think it may be a club thing rather than just a proud fan.