Author Topic: Hardwick accused of ‘going off his head’ abusing Williamstown VFL players (HSun)  (Read 4523 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Oh wow,a coach who cares and shows displeasure at a thugs beating up the kids , I would call that leadership

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dimma should be concentrating on how it has all gone wrong lately, and to ensure we don’t give Lambo and Edwards a Tom Hafey  tribute match kind of send off.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VFL player addresses Hardwick’s alleged comments as AFL asks its own questions

Ben Waterworth
Fox Sports
July 26th, 2022

The VFL player that allegedly copped verbal abuse from Damien Hardwick says it was a “bizarre” experience but stresses he holds “no hard feelings” towards the Richmond coach.

The Herald Sun on Monday reported Hardwick allegedly called Seagulls forward Darby Henderson a “weak f***ing pr**k” during the Richmond-Williamstown VFL clash on Saturday at Punt Road Oval.

Henderson said he got a shock when he realised Hardwick was the person calling out from the crowd.

He added witness accounts reported in the publication were “spot on from memory” and matched up with what he’d heard and been told by spectators.

“I heard what was coming from above and didn’t know who it was, then sort of looked up and saw that it was ‘Dimma’ (Hardwick),” he said.

“It was a bit of a weird one. It was just a bit strange … a bit bizarre.

“He was going pretty hard at me … it would have been five or six minutes (from the incident) before I came off, so obviously he kept it in mind and he was waiting there.

“One of the support staff sort of started going back at him, but I just kept my mouth shut. He might have been having a fair bit to say to the support staff, too.

“I understand he was sticking up for one of his young players … it was probably in the heat of the moment, and I have no hard feelings.”

Speaking on Channel 9’s Footy Classified, Lloyd said he wasn’t surprised Hardwick had fiercely stuck up for Mansell.

“On Damien, his biggest strength can be his weakness,” Lloyd told Footy Classified. “Kane and I played in a premiership with Damien and he is as protective of his players and teammates as you’ll ever see.

“I think he’d do that again for his player. I think he was bitterly disappointed with the behaviour of the Williamstown footballer.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2022-damien-hardwick-sledge-to-darby-henderson-in-richmond-vs-williamstown-vfl-match-what-he-said/news-story/462af37848d1deda3fc7d9c448956fab

FooffooValve

Can't blame Dimma for being a bit grumpy at the moment.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
VFL tosser gets his 10 seconds of fame for being called out as a weak prick for hitting someone from behind.

Wankerrrrr

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
VFL tosser gets his 10 seconds of fame for being called out as a weak prick for hitting someone from behind.

Wankerrrrr

Can’t be serious?
If I got pushed into the fence the way he was, I’d also retaliate

Mansell out of line
Dimma out of line

Love Dimma flying the flag for the boys, but for you to call a bloke a tosser and wankerrr for standing up for himself is a bit average IMO

Broadsword

Wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhat premeditated by Hardwick. A lot of coaches have used this strategy before--making news out of themselves to take the attention away from the players after a bad result. He'd hope they'd reciprocate and come out fighting for him against Brisbane. Strong, muted, matter-of-fact response from Gale as well. Played a straight bat to it nicely.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame

Wankerrrrr

Can’t be serious?

Mansell out of line
Dimma out of line

Love Dimma flying the flag for the boys, but for you to call a bloke a tosser and wankerrr for standing up for himself is a bit average IMO

Yeah go whack a bloke from behind because he started it and deserved it, right?

Haha

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame

Wankerrrrr

Can’t be serious?

Mansell out of line
Dimma out of line

Yeah go whack a bloke from behind because he started it and deserved it, right?

Haha

Shove a bloke into the fence and take the moral high ground?  Cool story

Mansell pushes the boundaries a bit ..

Broadsword

Mansell pushes people into the boundaries.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
Mansell pushes people into the boundaries.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
‘This isn’t kids footy’: Tigers star Jack Riewoldt’s passionate defence of coach after VFL comments

Ben Waterworth
Fox Sports
July 27th, 2022

Triple premiership Tiger Jack Riewoldt has launched a staunch defence of Damien Hardwick, saying the reaction to his coach’s comments towards a Williamstown player at a VFL game on the weekend had been overblown.

The VFL Match Review Panel charged Henderson with rough conduct, with the incident assessed as intentional conduct with low impact and body contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction, but Henderson as a VFL-listed player had the option to accept a $250 fine and a reprimand with an early guilty plea – an option Henderson accepted.

The Seagulls initially sought a ‘please explain’ from the Tigers, whose chief executive Brendon Gale was reportedly involved in talks between the two clubs. Both clubs then indicated they believed the matter was closed.

However the AFL on Monday launched its own inquiries into the incident, with the league expected to ask questions of both clubs.

Asked on Fox Footy’s AFL 360 if the story had been “overblown”, Riewoldt said with a laugh: “Oh my gosh, yeah … Like, this isn‘t kids footy.

“You know what senior coaches care about? Their players – and if something untoward happens, which is what‘s happened in this case and someone’s done an act that probably isn’t deserved to be on the footy field, then of course a bloke who cares about his boys is going to say something. That’s care.

“It gets clicks because Richmond are a big club and Damien Hardwick is the coach.”

AFL 360 co-host Gerard Whateley said the line between VFL footy and community footy in this situation had “been a little bit blurred”.

“There is a formal investigation which adds a legitimacy to the story. But there is a difference between that happening down at a community park and it happening in the VFL with a Richmond team playing,” Whateley told AFL 360.

Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson added: “I think it was absolutely overblown. You know why? Because it was a crap act and for them to be whingeing after they do something like that, come on. You give it, you wear it.

“I can understand why it’s a story, but ‘don’t do it again, everyone move on’.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2022-damien-hardwick-comments-at-richmond-vs-williamstown-vfl-game-towards-darby-henderson-jack-riewoldt-afl-360/news-story/b348e4267059ff2ed3234f5d4ee52cb1

Broadsword

If they don't get up for Dimma this week to stick up for him there have to be mass retirements.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
If they don't get up for Dimma this week to stick up for him there have to be mass retirements.

I would think 300th for Shedda and retirement for Lambert would be ahead of this nonsense for inspiration

Broadsword

I would think 300th for Shedda and retirement for Lambert would be ahead of this nonsense for inspiration
Just chuck it all in there, mix it around and win.

Northey would find a way to use it. Boss is under the pump. Everyone's against us. Get 'em fired up.