Author Topic: Freo another side on the rebound  (Read 3307 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Freo another side on the rebound
« on: May 28, 2006, 04:10:47 PM »
Another full on game next week with Freo just coming off a 68 point hiding at the 'Gabba. Geez I hope they play like they did today. The Lions smashed them at every contest and they had no one strong enough to stop Jonathan Brown which is a good sign for Richo who is due after a couple of quiet weeks.

If we win the next 3 games the Tiges could be responsible for 4 sacked coaches in one year - Thompson, Connolly, Laidley and Clarkson lol. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

Re: Freo another side on the rebound
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 06:12:07 PM »
we will win, no doubt. all we have to do is hold pavlova and we will win, and ghe usaually plays poor v us.
they have never been able to hold richo and wont this time either

Moi

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 06:17:31 PM »
Wondering how many will pick us to win this week.
Rather they didn't pick us, because it's a useful motivational tool, but an insult all the same.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 12:33:59 AM »
 inside word from the dorker camp  is confusion and panic

they will be glad not to see Lids and Richo on the plane but whos going to take Simmo
i will be there on saturday nite sitting with all the Tiger supporters giving the dorkers and ear full
looking forward to shouting out that wonderful song of ours   YELLOW and BLACK

all we have to do is hold pavlova and we will win,  true words here  will Tezza play a young gun on him or give a wise head the job ??
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 02:58:23 AM »
all we have to do is hold pavlova and we will win,  true words here  will Tezza play a young gun on him or give a wise head the job ??

Razor gave Pav a bath at the 'G last year so he might get the gig. It depends if McPharlin and Sandilands returns how we'll set up. We won't be have to worry about lack of height in defence if they don't play.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 06:14:18 AM »

Razor gave Pav a bath at the 'G last year so he might get the gig. It depends if McPharlin and Sandilands returns how we'll set up. We won't be have to worry about lack of height in defence if they don't play.

i am pretty sure both these boys wont play.

we normally play well v the docks at there home, i have no doubt we will win as long as the umpires officiate fairly!  connolley has alreadt gone whinging to the afl umpires saying they are getting a raw deal week in week out! he obv never sees the tigers play and how stiff we are

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »
Wondering how many will pick us to win this week.
Rather they didn't pick us, because it's a useful motivational tool, but an insult all the same.
I surprised myself and picked all 8 winners on the weekend :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »
we normally play well v the docks at there home, i have no doubt we will win as long as the umpires officiate fairly! 

I wouldn't hold your breath. Umpiring in Perth for away sides is always shocking  :scream.

I surprised myself and picked all 8 winners on the weekend :thumbsup

The last time I ever tip the Bombers  :P.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 11:45:38 AM »
dockers have no heart or passion, they have no character, we will beat them

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 12:23:41 PM »
Again we are paying $3 with the bookies
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 12:58:33 PM »
I think it's a good thing that people don't tip us.  I've gained some ground in the tipping comp. at work over the past couple of weeks.  :gotigers

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 05:44:59 PM »
Again we are paying $3 with the bookies

What ridiculous odds  ::)

FREMANTLE   $1.28
RICHMOND    $3.70

Source: Centrebet

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 09:52:50 PM »
why on earth would anyone take $1.28 for the dockers...sure its a 28% return but gees those odds are short for the dockers. Any decent gambler would take the $3.70 for us i reckon.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Connolly paranoid over Wallace
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »
We're the "in-form team of the comp" according to Connolly. A good excuse for him if we win  :thumbsup. Right out of the Spud manual to AFL coaching lol.

Fremantle coach Chris Connolly has admitted he will "expect the unexpected" when the unpredictable Tigers travel to Subiaco Oval for Saturday's clash against the Dockers.

Richmond has won five of its past six matches - the only loss being a 118-point mauling at the hands of Sydney in round seven - but it has been the team's style of play that has raised the eyebrows of many.

In round eight, the Tigers battled out a gritty three-point win against Adelaide by continually chipping the ball around and gaining uncontested possessions.

However, the very next week against Geelong, coach Terry Wallace employed a more attacking, free-flowing style of football that surprised the Cats, resulting in a 20-point win.

"We play a team this weekend, Richmond, that are the in-form team in the competition in many ways," Connolly said.

"The wins they've had have been outstanding, particularly in recent weeks, so they'll come over with a lot of confidence and we'll be looking to take them on."

Connolly was adamant the Dockers wouldn't fall into the trap of playing the game on Richmond's terms.

"They've come up with different ways they go about playing, so we've got to stay focused," he said.

"If there's adjustments to the playing environment, we'll quickly move on with playing our brand of footy. We'll go on the attack, and look to give our forwards every opportunity.

"This game will be approached like the other nine (this season), and we'll prepare with a strong attention to detail, and go out and have a red-hot go. Every game throws up its different challenges, and you've got to be prepared, and get the game on your terms as quickly as you can."

http://fremantlefc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=270398

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"Experts" write us off again
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 01:52:25 AM »
Surprise surprise none of the "experts"  have gone for us again ::).

Herald-Sun  0-18
Age           1-16