Author Topic: Richo frees  (Read 2452 times)

froars

Richo frees
« on: June 22, 2004, 08:37:18 PM »
Got a laugh tonight watching Whiteline Fever and this Carlton supporter rang in saying what an actor and how many frees Richo gets.

Geez, i really wish this was the case.  Get so frustrated watching him get mauled ever week with no frees, yet if just touches a backman it's a free against.

Why can't they look at this - ruining the game

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
Re: Richo frees
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 09:04:30 PM »
its just so blatantly obvious isn't it froars?

when the ball comes his way often his body is twisted and contorted  trying to get rid of his opponent.

hands legs everywhere. I like to think i see both sides of the coin but this issue makes me go ape droppings

and its gone beyond ridiculous.

Possible solution if anyone could be bothered is make a video package of every incident that happens with this situation and take it to the umpires and the geesh and ask for the hansen approach(i.e PLEASE EXPLAIN!)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 09:08:47 PM »
Agree froars. A backman can strangle Richo but still no free kick  ::).

The Richo free in the third quarter was the only one the umps got right. Watching the action live made you stratch your head as it looked like Richo was going for the mark one-handed  but on the replay the Carlton player (might have been Thorton) clearly had a handful of jumper.

16 frees to us in one quarter. Hey what are those Blues supporters whinging about!  ;D  ;)

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 09:33:57 PM »
Agree Froars,

Richo cant but a free kick most of the time, and while we got 16 frees in the 3rd qtr and some of them were dodgy we also did put our body on the line and won a lot of frees also.

froars

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »
Yeah, well i sat behind the goals up on level 2 on the weekend, and watching from behind you saw lots of holding on and sneaky little stuff preventing Richo from having free rein at going for the ball.

There's 3 umpires out there believe it or not - you'd think they'd be focused on this sort of stuff.  So blatant.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 10:15:32 PM »
There are only 2 words umpires know when it comes to Richo being held....

Play on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 12:55:56 AM »
He must have a persecution complex by now,surely!

He's like a blow up doll on the Hawthorn Football Club trip away. (Ouch! :-*)