Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - Liam Baker?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate a Tiger's year - Liam Baker?
« on: October 03, 2022, 01:50:08 AM »
Next up is Baker.

In his 5th season, Bakes played all 23 games to take his career tally to 87. He was awarded the Fred Swift Medal for finishing equal 4th in our Best & Fairest.

Season Highlights:
● 30 disps (14 kicks 16 hballs), 5 marks and 6 tackles in Rd 10 32-pt win over Essendon at the MCG (21 May 2022)
● 27 disps (19 kicks 8 hballs) and 7 marks in Rd 14 15-pt win over Carlton at the MCG (16 Jun 2022)
● 26 disps (17 kicks 9 hballs) and a goal in Rd 13 12-pt win over Port Adelaide at the MCG (9 Jun 2022)
● 24 disps (14 kicks 10 hballs), 4 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 15 3-pt loss to Geelong at the MCG (25 Jun 2022)

Career stats to date:
          Games  Kicks   Hballs  Disp.  Marks  Tackles  G.B    Assists    Clear.  In50   Re50
2018        3       5.0     6.3     11.3    1.3      1.3       1.4      0.3       0.3     3.3     0.0
2019      19       8.7     8.2     16.9    3.3      3.2       8.10    0.4       0.9     2.5     1.2
2020      20       8.3     6.5     14.8    3.6      1.9       1.1      0.2       0.5     1.4     2.7
2021      22     10.8     9.4     20.2    4.0      2.8       7.8      0.5       1.4     3.0     1.8
2022      23     10.7     8.5     19.1    3.6      2.3     11.7      0.3       1.4     3.0     2.5

https://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2854
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--liam-baker

How did we all rate Bakes' season?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - Liam Baker?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 03:11:14 AM »
Would give him an 8. Was brilliant for a good chunk of the season and thought he’d win our b&f around round 15 but tailed off towards the end of the season.

I’m hoping with the giants boys coming in that short is moved back into defence and baker can move back into the midfield rotations which he looked great in at times. He was amazing in that Geelong game and almost led us to victory.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 09:07:21 AM »
7-8 for me but I can only vote 0-4 apparently so will wait until that's sorted.

Had his quiet patches but still largely his reliable and tenacious best self. A real barometer for our team. Club can utilise him in so many places its amazing.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 10:44:48 AM »
All fixed now you can vote past 4 now  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 11:07:02 PM »
Sheesh thought him ordinary for many games  but hey everyone loves a tiger with a bit of go in him.

If one of the WA clubs went hard at him and actually offered something for him id consider it.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 12:12:20 AM »
7 for me

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 06:39:53 AM »
Sheesh thought him ordinary for many games  but hey everyone loves a tiger with a bit of go in him.

If one of the WA clubs went hard at him and actually offered something for him id consider it.

Hell no lol

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 11:07:40 PM »

Hell no lol

Sorry bud that you cant see it. Yes he is a decent player with a whole heap of fight in him but for me very tradeable.
An interesting exercise would be to ask opposition people what they think he is worth. I have done it and i think if you do you will get a similar answer.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 12:13:49 AM »
Thought he was okay. Really poor at times and really good at times..with a whole lot of ok in between. Super courageous tho
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2022, 06:56:45 AM »

Hell no lol

Sorry bud that you cant see it. Yes he is a decent player with a whole heap of fight in him but for me very tradeable.
An interesting exercise would be to ask opposition people what they think he is worth. I have done it and i think if you do you will get a similar answer.

Agree to disagree then.

I don't wanna trade a barometer/match winner which he sometimes is.

Hugo and Soldo aren't and won't be.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2022, 07:37:31 AM »
Was disappointing after he resigned.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2022, 08:44:11 AM »
Will be interesting to see what position he plays with our bolstered midfield

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2022, 10:06:22 AM »

Starting mid for  the VFL team,

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2022, 01:05:15 AM »

At best he is 8th ranked for the midfield. In a similar boat as Graham Short and himself.

We should be playing Martin, Bolton as rotating mids fwd along with Cumberland and Rioli in front of him as pure fwds. Then theres the talls in JR TL and the need to play Miller as a ruck fwd or Balta as a key fwd.
Down back he is also up against it with Vlastuin, Rioli, Broad, Grimes all very capable of playing smaller and in front of him.

If it comes down to horses for courses or in this case the best credentialled players for the role getting picked then imo he is borderline.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2022, 04:25:37 AM »

Starting mid for  the VFL team,
this is why you should stay in the political board posting articles from the ABC. Kid will easily be in the 22
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"