Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023  (Read 72179 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023
« Reply #585 on: October 23, 2023, 10:21:44 PM »
For me only yes to Naismith if we give Ryan a red hot go and he’s not up to it or for injury cover. Playing Naismith over Ryan and potentially impeding his development is a no from me

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2023, 05:10:34 AM »
For me only yes to Naismith if we give Ryan a red hot go and he’s not up to it or for injury cover. Playing Naismith over Ryan and potentially impeding his development is a no from me
Agree totally 💯 pc

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #587 on: October 24, 2023, 07:24:03 AM »

I have no issue with Naismith as a back up

I don't think he will be used to the detriment of Ryan

Think he is needed more as insurance for Nank. When was the last time Nank played a full season? Between injury and suspensions he's missed a chunk of footy the last few seasons

I think taking Naismith as a free agent makes perfect sense.

1) Will cost us nothing draft wise.
2) Minimal level salary
3) Backup Ruck insurance
4) Was a better Ruckman than Nankervis in his day.
5) Will keep Nankervis on his toes.

Makes every bit of sense to me. However, keeping Colina on the list would make no sense at all.....

👆 this
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #588 on: October 26, 2023, 03:11:59 PM »
Just saw a clip of RCD and Sydney stack supposedly putting their hand up to try and find a new home as delisted free agents. Do we have anyone who watches sanfl and have any idea how RCD went last year? I have a soft spot for him mainly cause I feel he just wasn’t developed or given opportunity along cotchin when at times his vfl form warranted it

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: October 26, 2023, 03:54:47 PM »
Just saw a clip of RCD and Sydney stack supposedly putting their hand up to try and find a new home as delisted free agents. Do we have anyone who watches sanfl and have any idea how RCD went last year? I have a soft spot for him mainly cause I feel he just wasn’t developed or given opportunity along cotchin when at times his vfl form warranted it

Averaged 15 disposals in 10 games.  I suggest you give up on him!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #590 on: October 26, 2023, 04:06:52 PM »
RCD apparently going to play for Willy next year.

-----

VFL: nothing official from Williamstown yet but it's believed the Towners have landed ex-Tiger Riley Collier-Dawkins, who was in the SANFL this year.

https://twitter.com/PaulAmy375/status/1717322999756718276

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #591 on: October 26, 2023, 04:22:27 PM »

Yuck that's poor.

I have a soft spot too - feel like we should have tried him as a medium forward/Josh Casey/Towner role.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #592 on: October 26, 2023, 07:17:51 PM »
RCD apparently going to play for Willy next year.

-----

VFL: nothing official from Williamstown yet but it's believed the Towners have landed ex-Tiger Riley Collier-Dawkins, who was in the SANFL this year.

https://twitter.com/PaulAmy375/status/1717322999756718276

Lambert was a mature aged rookie drafted fro willytown. RCD redemption arc confirmed  8)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #593 on: October 26, 2023, 09:53:33 PM »
Stack started with Perth in the WAFL, played the first 3-4 games in the reserves and ended up playing in a premiership out in the sticks somewhere.
Sounds like he still has professionalism issues, hardly a good step forward to make it back into the AFL.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #594 on: October 27, 2023, 01:56:57 PM »
LYCETT WEIGHS UP THIRD AFL CLUB

Port Adelaide ruckman Scott Lycett is reportedly set to play at a third AFL club next season after considering retirement.

Lycett, 31, appears surplus to needs at the Power after the side recruited two ruck options in Ivan Soldo and Jordon Sweet during the trade period, leaving him with a decision to make on his future.

The Herald Sun reports Lycett has been linked with Richmond, St Kilda and Collingwood on a reduced wage.

Collingwood was linked to Todd Goldstein before the North Melbourne veteran opted for a move to Essendon.

Richmond could see Lycett as a viable backup option for Toby Nankervis in 2024, with Soldo now at the Power.

Lycett has played 146 senior games across a 13-year career spanning stints at West Coast and the Power.

He has come to the end of a five-year deal that he signed after winning the 2018 premiership with the Eagles.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-trade-whispers-contracts-free-agents-player-movement-scott-lycett-nic-martin-keidean-coleman-latest/news-story/c2777b8410a0702659afb53dcb0453a5

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #595 on: October 27, 2023, 03:48:43 PM »
No thanks to Lynette. Port hated him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #596 on: October 27, 2023, 08:52:18 PM »
Orazio Fantasia has committed to Carlton on a two-year deal.

He’ll join as a Delisted Free Agent. The 28-year-old reunites with Michael Voss, his one-time Port Adelaide assistant coach

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1717810441647538273

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #597 on: October 28, 2023, 10:43:14 AM »

Yuck that's poor.

I have a soft spot too - feel like we should have tried him as a medium forward/Josh Casey/Towner role.

Its that soft spot that allowed him to list clog for his last two years with us.

Low football IQ and average kicking skills. Should never have drafted him.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #598 on: October 28, 2023, 01:59:22 PM »

Yuck that's poor.

Its that soft spot that allowed him to list clog for his last two years with us.

Low football IQ and average kicking skills. Should never have drafted him.

Thought his kicking was OK myself, at least his kicking for goal.

IMO lacked the IQ to play midfield, average pace too. Caddy was honestly similar, never a mid who could accumulate ball, never overly quick, but good hands and set shot.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #599 on: October 28, 2023, 05:29:45 PM »
RCD had good breakaway speed and on his day -which unfortunately were way too few and far between- he could burst out of packs as he demonstrated in the VFL GF.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.