Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023  (Read 72973 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023
« Reply #240 on: August 30, 2023, 11:21:02 PM »
TT is a jet but a big risk. Prob don’t have the leadership in the playing group anymore unfortunately to take the gamble on him.

I wouldn't. Poor character like that doesn't wash out

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2023, 07:04:56 AM »
Dylan Shiel at Richmond or Geelong?

@Josh__Barnes assesses every Bomber and names four clubs who could make a trade play for Shiel:

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1696846748382269904

9. Dylan Shiel

With Archie Perkins, Ben Hobbs, Jye Caldwell and Sam Durham all showing steady improvement this year, where does that leave Shiel? When he played early this season, Shiel was still very strong inside the contest and the Bombers were happy with him as a midfielder who could push forward. Should the Bombers dangle him in the trade period? Geelong, Richmond, Sydney, could use a midfielder who has acceleration and he would be a good teacher at North Melbourne. But he also could drive Essendon into the finals. Shiel will put his head down and demand minutes ahead of his younger teammates.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-every-essendon-players-contract-status-and-future-analysed/news-story/a316324581d21759c2aea290edde3b21

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: August 31, 2023, 09:32:25 AM »
we have a lot of pain ahead here boys.

Last years call is going to stuff us as we have no cards to play with the suns for that pick.

The only way i believe we will get that pick is to give them something they want which isnt going to be picks. :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #243 on: August 31, 2023, 09:45:18 AM »

Last years call is going to stuff us as we have no cards to play with the suns for that pick.

The only way i believe we will get that pick is to give them something they want which isnt going to be picks. :shh

Who do you think they want?

Who is untraceable?

@Josh__Barnes assesses every Bomber and names four clubs who could make a trade play for Shiel:

9. Dylan Shiel

With Archie Perkins, Ben Hobbs, Jye Caldwell and Sam Durham all showing steady improvement this year, where does that leave Shiel? When he played early this season, Shiel was still very strong inside the contest and the Bombers were happy with him as a midfielder who could push forward. Should the Bombers dangle him in the trade period? Geelong, Richmond, Sydney, could use a midfielder who has acceleration and he would be a good teacher at North Melbourne. But he also could drive Essendon into the finals. Shiel will put his head down and demand minutes ahead of his younger teammates.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-every-essendon-players-contract-status-and-future-analysed/news-story/a316324581d21759c2aea290edde3b21

Shiel, Geez who thinks this BS up.

He's 30 ffs. Will be nowhere near our next flag and has been modest at best with Dons.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: August 31, 2023, 09:53:26 AM »

Who is untraceable?

9. Dylan Shiel

He's 30 ffs. Will be nowhere near our next flag and has been modest at best with Dons.

Meatball is my guess and we pay some of his wage.

id be happy with that.

Throw in HRS and Dow to fulfill their list clogging requirements, and we have a deal.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: August 31, 2023, 11:05:56 AM »

Who is untraceable?

9. Dylan Shiel

Meatball is my guess and we pay some of his wage.

id be happy with that.

Throw in HRS and Dow to fulfill their list clogging requirements, and we have a deal.

Do you think there's any way we could get their P7?

They need points so probably don't want to trade P7 unless they're getting a point surplus back so trading Prestia to them probably isn't the answer but we might get a solid pick back by paying his wage.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: August 31, 2023, 12:53:58 PM »
If Blair and Livingston have the courage to put some value on the trade table we can turn it around and get back in the draft.

My picks

Vlastuin or Short
Hugo
Graham
Soldo

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #247 on: August 31, 2023, 12:59:31 PM »
If Blair and Livingston have the courage to put some value on the trade table we can turn it around and get back in the draft.

My picks

Vlastuin or Short
Hugo
Graham
Soldo

Short would probably fetch the most at the trade table and plays a position which we have a surplus of  players and can easily cover. Plus we'd still have Balta for the shots outside 50. No way the club would have the balls or foresight to do it though.:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: August 31, 2023, 01:07:02 PM »
I hate this time of year when your not in finals. 
The footy media is mental re trading and draft positioning. 

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #249 on: August 31, 2023, 01:42:59 PM »
With the stand rule and 6-6-6 I feel like short is one of those types which we desperately need for transition out of defence. I’d honestly trade Bolton.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: August 31, 2023, 02:13:28 PM »

My picks

Vlastuin or Short
Hugo
Graham
Soldo

Short would probably fetch the most at the trade table and plays a position which we have a surplus of  players and can easily cover. Plus we'd still have Balta for the shots outside 50. No way the club would have the balls or foresight to do it though.:shh

That's my worry to.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: August 31, 2023, 05:29:49 PM »
Are we any chance of getting Chol back ??
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2023, 06:06:10 PM »
Stop reading Big Footy. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #253 on: August 31, 2023, 06:38:38 PM »
SUN ON KEY FORWARD RADARS

GOLD Coast goalkicker Mabior Chol shapes as a key forward trade option for clubs this year despite having two years to run on his deal at the Suns.

Chol joined the Suns from Richmond at the end of 2021 on a four-year deal as a free agent, kicking 44 goals from 22 games in his first year at the club.

But he has been squeezed out this season, playing eight senior games and kicking 10 goals while spending most of the season in the VFL for the Suns.

With Ben King the Suns' spearhead, Levi Casboult set to play on and Jed Walter to arrive as the club's next key forward threat with an early draft pick, Chol's spot in the Gold Coast line-up could be challenged.

The 26-year-old played 31 games for Richmond under Damien Hardwick, who has joined as the Suns' senior coach for the next six seasons. – Callum Twomey

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1020639/inside-trading-saint-ready-to-go-don-considers-future-sun-a-trade-option

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: August 31, 2023, 09:01:48 PM »
Problem Chol faces is his contract. He is supposedly on reasonable coin not sure who would to take it on

No doubt he wants out of GC now  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)