Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2023  (Read 33898 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond games 2023
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2023, 07:25:00 AM »
did anyone watch the pies crows game?

if so is this accurate as i didnt watch it.

Umps called play on, but then changed their mind when daicos asked them to correct their decision?
Yep. Ump paid advantage to the Pies (Mason Cox mark 40m out) after being sucked in to paying a free for Daicos staging that he was held after disposal and stopped from getting to the next play. Daicos and Pendlebury went up to the ump and said it should have been a free plus 50. Ump changed his mind and Daicos himself got to take the shot from 15m out.

bloody incredible.

i refuse to watch any of their games because of the freebies they receive from the umps. Its reverse Tigers watching them.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2023, 11:45:52 AM »

Umps called play on, but then changed their mind when daicos asked them to correct their decision?
Yep. Ump paid advantage to the Pies (Mason Cox mark 40m out) after being sucked in to paying a free for Daicos staging that he was held after disposal and stopped from getting to the next play. Daicos and Pendlebury went up to the ump and said it should have been a free plus 50. Ump changed his mind and Daicos himself got to take the shot from 15m out.

bloody incredible.

i refuse to watch any of their games because of the freebies they receive from the umps. Its reverse Tigers watching them.

https://twitter.com/BenAFC45/status/1672876534082994176

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2023, 11:53:05 AM »
Its good that the Collingwood players 'helped' the umpires to make the 'right' 'decision'.

Its the only way that those umpires are ever going to learn!

If you can't believe a Collingwood player when they tell you its their free kick with 50mtrs gifting them a soft goal during a nail biting finish then who can you believe?      :-\    :huh
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2023, 01:35:31 PM »
Diabolical.

I know umps stuff up but Sheesh you have to wear it when they do and hope they get their own feedback from their department.

Listening to players in this situation is 100% not on.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2023, 03:34:13 PM »

bloody incredible.

https://twitter.com/BenAFC45/status/1672876534082994176

its a stuffin joke.

Hope they lose the GF by 1 point the flogs

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2023, 04:03:34 PM »
If it was a Richmond player doing that the free kick would have been reversed and a 50 against us for dissent

Broadsword

« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2023, 04:30:53 PM »
Yeah who knows how Collingwood became the darling of the AFL but stuff em. How can they ignore their own special treatment? Hope they lose it by a point too.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2023, 05:53:18 PM »
More evidence of Collingwood's special treatment.

--------------------------------

Adelaide captain Jordan Dawson should have been awarded a free kick in the dying seconds of the Crows' two-point loss to Collingwood, the AFL has conceded.

Controversy erupted in the desperate final moments, with Dawson denied a set shot to win the game after high contact from Collingwood's Jamie Elliott.

Crows ruckman Reilly O'Brien had driven the ball inside 50, where it was gathered by Dawson, who was immediately crashed into by Elliott.

The League's head of umpiring, Dan Richardson, said in a statement on Monday afternoon that the call had been missed by the field umpires, who had a "restricted view of the contest".

https://www.afl.com.au/news/957688/umps-missed-late-free-kick-to-dawson-in-pies-loss-afl

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2023, 09:40:42 PM »
Swans' poor goalkicking keeping Geelong in it. Should be 4-5 goals up.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2023, 10:20:06 PM »
Swans-Cats finished a draw!

Suddenly percentage becomes important the night after we insipidly cough up -7% in an 81 point flogging  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2023, 07:00:59 PM »
Stuff me just seen the shortest ever kick get paid a mark

Came of Moores foot and went 4 metres to King who kicked a goal.

4 stuffing idiots out there and they couldn’t see that, makes no difference to the result in this game but it is an indictment on how bad the umpiring is.

Luckily though most aren’t allowed to comment on it tho.

All hail the AFL dictatorship

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2023, 09:36:16 PM »
I hate Collingwood with a passion like any Tiger supporter, but today's game just reinforces that I just don't see how any of the top interstate sides get near them on the 'G :P. If Brisbane can't beat a bottom 3 side at the 'G as well as cough up 8 of the last 9 goals, then how will they knock off the Pies in a Prelim or Granny there?!
Tonight is another example. Even if Port come back to win tonight, they have struggled at the 'G against a middle of the road side.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2023, 10:00:11 PM »
#loldruggos :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2023, 10:06:23 PM »
That was an insane finish. Kicking a 55m goal after the siren with a wet footy is a fair effort by Houston :o.

Glad the Bombers lost :lol and it's better for us as it keeps more spots in the Eight open. I just don't want to see the Pies gifted an easy flag because Brisbane and Port come back to the field at the 'G :chuck.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2023, 10:18:42 PM »
Thanks Dan Houston
Made my night