Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Pies?  (Read 4617 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Pies?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2023, 02:35:54 AM »
Then for me it's this.

Out:
Broad
Short
Hopper

In:
Sonsie
Cumberland (Dusty more midfield minutes to cover Hopper)
Miller (playing back/swing)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2023, 05:35:50 AM »
Then for me it's this.

Out:
Broad
Short
Hopper

In:
Sonsie
Cumberland (Dusty more midfield minutes to cover Hopper)
Miller (playing back/swing)

Agree with this but I reckon they’ll bring in Ross instead of Cumbo. Prefer Cumberland personally but Ross was BoG or close enough to it in the vfl on the weekend.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2023, 07:14:52 AM »
OUT: Broad, Short

IN: Ross, Sonsie

I think they will name Hopper and make the call just prior to the game. If he misses then Cumberland
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tony_montana

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2023, 09:11:33 AM »
Dont take any players into the game that arent close to full capacity, if that means resting Dusty and Hopper then so be it.

Outs
Broad, Short, Hopper, Dusty

Ins
Ross, Sonsie, Cumberland, Clarke/Miller

Will be interesting to see if they replace Broad with Miller or elect to bring in another runner(Clarke?)

edit: Just saw that Dusty trained yesterday albeit it was a light session, so perhaps he's fine to play but Hopper sounds doubtful

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2023, 04:00:49 PM »
If Hopper is out we need a big ball winning, good tackling and clearance winning inside mid. Ross is not that player. He never has been.
To me it seems this week Cotchin gets a lot more mid time along with Dusty who can win contested ball and clearances.
Put Dusty one on one with DeGoey that would be intertesting.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2023, 04:25:33 PM »
Sonsie in the guts to replace Hooper very simple for me.Get pace in Clarke.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2023, 07:25:57 PM »
I was hoping Ralphsmith would've stood out a bit more than what I saw in the VFL, the only player that really stood out to me was Biggie so maybe we can try him out as 2nd Ruck? His field kicking looked pretty good too. Sonsie and Ross were the most effective onballers, so they deserve senior selection if required
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2023, 12:10:38 AM »
our injuries are mirroring our performance. That win just masks our issues from what i can see.

How many tackles were laid, pressure acts?

I cant believe we head into games relying on f50 pressure from junior and thats it.

Pies will destroy us by at least 6 goals if we match those statistics.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2023, 01:52:17 PM »
AFL teams Round 3

Richmond may be forced into up to four changes to face Collingwood on Friday night with superstar Dustin Martin in doubt after failing to complete training.

Jay Clark
HeraldSun
March 29, 2023 - 1:31PM

Richmond superstar Dustin Martin remains in considerable doubt to take on Collingwood in Friday night’s MCG blockbuster after failing to complete Wednesday’s main training session.

The champion ballwinner ran laps on his own in the rain due to a hamstring problem, while the rest of his teammates completed full-ground drills at Punt Rd.

He could be one of at least four changes for the Tigers with Jacob Hopper (knee) in a race against time and Jayden Short (calf) already ruled out. Nathan Broad was suspended for four matches for his dangerous tackle on Adelaide’s Patrick Parnell.

While the Tigers were hopeful Martin would be fit to take on the Magpies, it would be a massive gamble to play him off a short break so early in the season considering his repeat hamstring problems last year which restricted him to only nine games.

Geelong reaped the benefits of carefully managing their veteran stars last year, resting Patrick Dangerfield in particular, at times, to help him hit the finals in peak condition.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said in the preseason the Tigers may take a leaf out of Geelong’s book with its injury management this year.

“It’s a fine balance, understanding that we’d love to keep our best side on the park all the time but knowing you’ve got to get your best side on the park at the right time. To do that, it can look a little bit different,” Hardwick told the club’s website.

“Do Trent and Jack and our older established players have to play every game? Because, if they do, then our younger players will stifle in their development.

“That’s been a real conversation piece for us over the course of the summer.”

Martin, 31, had scans on his hamstring in Melbourne on Sunday after he was substituted out of Saturday’s win over Adelaide early with hamstring soreness.

Developing forward Noah Cumberland could replace Martin in the Richmond forward line as the Tigers attempt to upset the most in-form team in the competition on Friday night.

Richmond midfielder Hopper is also battling a knee complaint and is in major doubt, while Jayden Short has been ruled out with a recurring calf issue.

It means the Tigers could be forced to make three changes, while star goal kicker Tom Lynch also copped a corked leg and faced a light week on the track.

The injuries will test the Tigers’ depth considering Robbie Tarrant (hip), Josh Gibcus (hamstring) and Ivan Soldo (foot) are also sidelined with injuries.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-teams-round-3-ins-and-outs-supercoach-news-debutants/news-story/60d724cb6eda2fda1b555d55fff3a82d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2023, 02:05:41 PM »
In the Mix: Round 3

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
29 March 2023

The Tigers will have at least two forced changes, if not four, with Nathan Broad (suspension) and Jayden Short (calf) confirmed outs. Jacob Hopper (knee) and Dustin Martin (hamstring) are also under injury clouds.

Sub Rhyan Mansell made an immediate impact with his forward defensive pressure, and should come into the 22, while Jack Ross (29 and 13 marks) had a strong showing in the VFL.

Noah Cumberland is one who could come into the frame for Martin, while Tyler Sonsie and Thomson Dow are ready to go in the midfield if needed.

Broad's replacement is less obvious, with the taller Ben Miller not exactly a like-for-like, and Josh Gibcus and Tom Brown injured, while Hugo Ralphsmith or potential debutant Sam Banks could come under consideration. Bigoa Nyuon played ruck in the VFL last week.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/891822/in-the-mix-r3-who-s-under-the-pump-who-s-pushing-for-selection-

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2023, 02:30:25 PM »
Something like this:
RICHMOND

B:  Nick Vlastuin           Tylar Young              Dylan Grimes

HB:  Liam Baker          Noah Balta                Daniel Rioli

C:   Kamdyn McIntosh   Dion Prestia        Marlion Pickett

HF:  Maurice Rioli       Jack Reiwoldt         Shai Bolton

F:   Samson Ryan        Tom Lynch           Noah Cumberland

R: Toby Nankervis     Tim Taranto           Trent Cotchin

Int:  Jack Graham   Rhyan Mansell  Tyler Sonsie Jack Ross   

Emg:  Hugo Ralphsmith     Ben Miller    Judson Clarke    Biggy

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2023, 03:59:44 PM »
Hopper and Martin are OUT.

So ... OUT's:

-Broad
-Short
-Martin
-Hopper

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2023, 04:17:04 PM »
Cumberland straight in then given he & Dusty are apparently the same player.

Ross comes in you'd think. Jack Graham is capable of playing more midfield minutes to cover Hopper too, or just more game time for Chimp.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2023, 04:54:38 PM »
Out - Hopper, Martin, Broad, Short. ?????
Ins - Sonsie , Cumberland, Clarke, Ross, Possibly Miller

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2023, 05:02:25 PM »
Martin will be unavailable due to general soreness, while Hopper suffered a knee complaint in last Saturday's match against Adelaide.

Both are expected to be available for Round 4 against the Western Bulldogs.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1294454/martin-hopper-to-miss-pies-clash