Author Topic: Mark Harvey lets loose at Simmo and our gameplan  (Read 1228 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mark Harvey lets loose at Simmo and our gameplan
« on: June 03, 2006, 03:26:14 AM »
Sandilands spurred to test Simmonds
Courtney Walsh
The Australian
June 03, 2006

TIGERS ruckman Troy Simmonds will have a torrid time at Subiaco Oval tonight if Fremantle assistant coach Mark Harvey gets his wish.

Harvey yesterday challenged returning ruckman Aaron Sandilands to show Simmonds, a former Docker, that he had made a mistake in choosing Richmond over Fremantle two years ago.

Dockers coach Chris Connolly said this week he understood Simmonds' reasons for leaving the club - he was offered more money and a longer contract at Punt Rd - and had nothing against the Tiger.

But Harvey hinted yesterday at a lack of loyalty and said Simmonds' return to Subiaco as one of the AFL's form ruckmen gave the match added grunt and should be a spur for Sandilands.

"Well, he left this club," Harvey said. "That's how I look at football and I'm assuming that's how Aaron looks at football.

"Aaron has come back because we need him to come back and whether he takes anything out of what I say, well that is up to him."

Harvey said the absence of Sandilands, who fractured his jaw a month ago and is returning to football ahead of schedule, proved telling.

The Dockers have been smashed in the middle, and twice interstate on the scoreboard, without him.

"Even though he might not have been playing that well, I think we have missed him a lot around stoppages," he said.

"He's ready to go and it's been a really good transition that has been done in a short period of time, what he has done, and it is a credit to him."

If the Simmonds slur does not motivate Richmond, Harvey's critique of the Tigers game plan might.

He indicated Richmond had little chance if it planned to use a similar defensive style to the tactics that proved successful against Adelaide at Telstra Dome a fortnight ago.

"Richmond is playing in space this week. Big ground. Demanding ground," Harvey said.

"If they want to play the way they do, good luck to them, but we'll be playing a demanding, physical, pressuring game."

Despite the Dockers' dismal effort in Brisbane last Sunday when they were belted by 68 points, Harvey said Fremantle was in reasonable shape heading to the mid-season break.

"We've had a tough campaign with where we have played so far and our win-loss tally so far is okay," he said.

"We've had two significant losses, but I don't think that is a true reflection of where we are at.

"For whatever reason it has happened, and there are a lot of different reasons, but it is a matter of how you regroup and you play with confidence."

Ominously for Richmond, chasing three successive wins, Harvey believes the Dockers are set to hit top form.

He said Fremantle would field its strongest side for the year tonight and believes the Dockers are well placed to start a move up the ladder, one he believes will be aided by injuries to stars at opposition clubs.

It is a point true of Richmond, in Perth without Matthew Richardson, Brett Deledio and Andrew Krakouer, a trio which has been in fine form for the Tigers.

"The month of June and July will really tell the story, and we know that," Harvey said.

"There are a lot of star players that are going out of other sides at the moment, for long periods of time, and there is a loop-hole there."

Fremantle forwards Luke McPharlin and Jeff Farmer return from injury tonight and could also be joined by Des Headland, who is listed as an emergency.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,19343985-36035,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Mark Harvey lets loose at Simmo and our gameplan
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 04:29:00 AM »
If the Simmonds slur does not motivate Richmond, Harvey's critique of the Tigers game plan might.

Harvey trying to do a Sheedy but sounding more like Spud. We went back to our usual attacking run and carry gameplan against Geelong which we've used all year but Harvey brings up a one-off tactic for the Crows as though we use it every week ???.

I hope Terry pins this article up on Simmo's locker.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 05:37:23 AM »
What a clown.

Is it possible to be more stupid than Frawley ??

"Well, he left this club," Harvey said. "That's how I look at football and I'm assuming that's how Aaron looks at football.

Allrightyy then............ ::)

"Aaron has come back because we need him to come back and whether he takes anything out of what I say, well that is up to him."

Again, allrighty then............ ::)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 08:04:36 AM »

Says a guy who left the bombers to go to fremantle.   :wallywink
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 08:30:31 AM »
Took the words right out of my mouth Fluffy.  Harvs - go back to Essendon and whinge there.

Bulluss

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 08:40:55 AM »
What a tool, i hope i boys fire up and give them a pumping, stick it right up Harvey's arse.

He is a gutless pri&k!!

He has knocked back the chance to coach a few clubs coz he is scared that he wont be successful. What a tosser, i hope that he never gets the chance the greedy bastard.

He needs to grow a pair.

Ox

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 09:13:12 AM »
What a tool, i hope i boys fire up and give them a pumping, stick it right up Harvey's behind.

He is a gutless pri&k!!

He has knocked back the chance to coach a few clubs coz he is scared that he wont be successful. What a tosser, i hope that he never gets the chance the greedy bastard.

He needs to grow a pair.

Bloody well put Bully.

Moi

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 09:20:49 AM »
Go Simmo, give that useless piece of excrement a lesson in manners lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 04:31:22 PM »
It's these comments that use to make us cringe when we use to make them. If Freo were so confident about tonight they wouldn't need to say anything to try and convince everyone else  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 05:25:02 PM »
mark harvey pulls one straight out of sheedys manual of dumb quotes.
give him tool of the week please ch.10