Author Topic: Dimma quits [merged]  (Read 21240 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dimma quits [merged]
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2023, 07:52:37 PM »
Gerard and Robbo discuss Damien Hardwick's shock exit from Richmond.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1660580753531604993

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2023, 07:54:49 PM »
After breaking @Richmond_FC Hardwick bombshell tonight, @tommorris32 joins @Sammy__Edmund from 8pm @1116sen for a special show to go inside the end of an era at Punt Road. #tigers #richmond #breakingnews

https://twitter.com/craighutchy/status/1660582664850788352

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2023, 07:55:26 PM »
Apparently the Port match has been called off and we're playing an intra-club instead....  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2023, 07:56:16 PM »
Damien Hardwick to quit Richmond in shock coaching call

By Caroline Wilson and Jake Niall
The Age
May 22, 2023 — 7.35pm

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick is set to quit Richmond, The Age has confirmed.

The Tigers will hold a press conference on Tuesday to make the announcement, which will be effective immediately.

Hardwick, 50, informed Tigers CEO Brendon Gale of his decision on Monday and has started calling players to tell them, according to a club source.

His departure will be immediate, with assistant coach Andrew McQualter expected to take the coaching reins for Sunday’s match against Port Adelaide at the MCG.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/damien-hardwick-to-depart-tigers-20230522-p5daf0.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2023, 07:58:30 PM »
It's chucky I feel for the most - missed the chance for what would've been his most epic SACK HARDWICK thread bump.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2023, 08:03:55 PM »
Honestly job well done - Guy deserves his statue out the front of punt road .

Change can be goood . Might reinvigorate a few .
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2023, 08:05:17 PM »
Agree, can't coach and play forever. Statue is warranted.

I will say tho, having George quit just after the list lodgement and Hardwick quitting after 10 games. In hindsight these are more timely and we could have Clarkson instead of North.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2023, 08:06:26 PM »
At the end of 2016 Damien Hardwick was on 74 wins after 157 games as coach, the 4th fewest wins of any V/AFL coach after that many games in charge.

95 games later he lifted up a premiership cup as coach for the third time.

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1660579134777724929

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2023, 08:07:29 PM »
Pity Tom Morris couldnt let Dimma or the club announce it

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2023, 08:09:45 PM »
I’m shocked. I have a feeling this will be the start of a very down period of time for rfc

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2023, 08:09:57 PM »
Agree, can't coach and play forever. Statue is warranted.

I will say tho, having George quit just after the list lodgement and Hardwick quitting after 10 games. In hindsight these are more timely and we could have Clarkson instead of North.

Who would still currently be on leave. The club he went to wouldn't change the Hawthorn situation, in fact being us rather than North it likely would've amplified it & made it even worse.  :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2023, 08:11:57 PM »
Damien Hardwick won't quit until tomorrow so if we could keep this quiet until he tells his players that would be great.

https://twitter.com/TitusOReily/status/1660583611672973312

Needed a laugh  :laugh:.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2023, 08:15:05 PM »
It's chucky I feel for the most - missed the chance for what would've been his most epic SACK HARDWICK thread bump.... :shh

WAT will be back here soon with claims of being right from the start since he called it first

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2023, 08:15:37 PM »
“IT’S SO UNUSUAL”: HEALY’S IMMEDIATE REACTION TO HARDWICK’S SHOCK COACHING CALL

Seb Mottram
SEN
22 May 2023 7:45pm

Gerard Healy says he’s shocked by Damien Hardwick’s decision to walk out on Richmond mid-season.

SEN’s Tom Morris broke the news that the triple-premiership coach would leave Punt Road with an announcement to come tomorrow. It’s understood burnout contributed to the decision.

Reacting to the news on SEN’s Sportsday, Healy pondered how Hardwick made up his mind given he played an active role in recruiting high-profile midfield duo Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper and the end of last year.

“It would be a challenging decision because he clearly would have been involved in convincing a couple of blokes to come to the club and sign long-term contracts,” Healy said minutes after learning the news.

“I think they would have assumed he’d be there for the ride.

“They’re all human stories and circumstances change. This is a shock to everyone in footy.”

The 1988 Brownlow Medallist now can’t see Hardwick joining a second club for the 2024 season.

“You wouldn't have thought so (that he’d have a year off),” Healy added.

“It would seem most unusual to be leaving a club with burnout and then taking up the reigns (somewhere else).

“The footy season starts in September. It doesn’t start in March next year, it starts in late September, the draft and the trade period is on, you’ve got to be appointed before then and then the circle starts again.”

But Hardwick’s decision comes at strange timing. The Tigers were only just edged out by Essendon in a one-point loss on Saturday night, a game they arguably deserved to win.

Richmond has still won two of its last three games and knocked off the reigning premiers in Geelong less than a fortnight ago. The club is less than two wins out of the top eight.

“It’s so unusual. It’s Round 10 and they’re still a mathematical chance to play finals. It’s an extraordinary announcement from Tom and it’s going to be interesting to the man himself (Hardwick) when he fronts the media tomorrow,” Healy stated.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/22/its-so-unusual-healys-immediate-reaction-to-hardwicks-shock-coaching-call/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2023, 08:17:07 PM »
It has never been the same dynamic since he decided to renege on his vows to his wife.

Who knows how it effected the players (and wags).

Even if it’s on a subconscious level his personal integrity is compromised and his own words lose some of their meaning.

I know you want to believe "he decided to renege on his vows to his wife" and that you base this on media reports regarding on the breakdown down of his marriage

But none of us know what really happened nor do really know what if any impact the situation had on the playing group

Fair to say I disagree with your commentary but you are most definitely entitled to your view
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)