Author Topic: Dimma quits [merged]  (Read 23869 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Dimma quits [merged]
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2023, 10:45:00 PM »
Pity Tom Morris couldnt let Dimma or the club announce it

This is Tom Morris we’re talking about. No class at all.

What a load of rubbish
He has done zero wrong in breaking the story

If he didn’t break the story it would be doing an injustice to his employer .. that’s where his loyalties should lie in this instance .. not Dimma or the RFC

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2023, 10:54:13 PM »

Apparently new girlfriend was up there working, doing different duties, which most of them found odd.

Mrs Hardwick flew up for a surprise visit and got a big surprise herself.

That's from the mouth of a player on the list during that period (now delisted).

Also the quarantine hubs were a joke, people throwing cocaine bags over the fence for them basically every day apparently lol.

Apparently  ::)

Rest my case  ;)

Yeah yeah...

Anyway, the players all knew and didn't care but from what I see on the field I think it's had an impact on their respect for him.

If they all knew and it impacted their respect for Dimma, it sure didn’t impact how they played winning 10/13 in the hub on the way to the flag…..

So if they knew, and were witnessing it first hand and couldn’t escape, why did it only start impacting them 6 months after the fact?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2023, 11:01:20 PM »

Apparently new girlfriend was up there working, doing different duties, which most of them found odd.

Mrs Hardwick flew up for a surprise visit and got a big surprise herself.

That's from the mouth of a player on the list during that period (now delisted).

Also the quarantine hubs were a joke, people throwing cocaine bags over the fence for them basically every day apparently lol.

Apparently  ::)

Rest my case  ;)

Yeah yeah...

Anyway, the players all knew and didn't care but from what I see on the field I think it's had an impact on their respect for him.

If they all knew and it impacted their respect for Dimma, it sure didn’t impact how they played winning 10/13 in the hub on the way to the flag…..

So if they knew, and were witnessing it first hand and couldn’t escape, why did it only start impacting them 6 months after the fact?

Probably the mess and blow up afterwards when it got ugly and the wags found out IMO

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2023, 11:06:13 PM »
"Although it's a shock, and the timing is a massive shock, I don't think the players would say it completely blindsided them."

Caroline Wilson gives us the latest on Damien Hardwick's bombshell resignation. #9FootyClassified

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1660619017634336770

Dimma began phoning players from 8pm tonight. Caro couldn't say if that was expediated by Tom Morris going public with the news.

Dimma also spoke to Benny Gale today and told him he was stepping away due to burnout.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2023, 11:14:58 PM »
What amazes me is that so many have  views and comments when they really know nothing about stuff. Guesses, Inuendo's and just plain made up crap. Come on guys, if you don't know then don't comment. We can be better than the media we  complain about.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2023, 11:38:07 PM »
can someone explain how Morris found out first? Thats what i want to know.

How can the players be told second and Morris first. Thats just rubbish IMV.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2023, 11:41:31 PM »
I am honestly hoping to wake up in the morning to find out it's all a hoax.

yep, feels like that. Probably the final nail in the coffin of our dynasty. I knew it was over last year, but had hoped for something.

Feels like a company being torn apart. Gale must stay but i bet he wont and you cant blame him either.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2023, 11:46:48 PM »

Media leaks, a tale as old as time. Not great but happens at all clubs in all sports.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2023, 11:48:49 PM »

Media leaks, a tale as old as time. Not great but happens at all clubs in all sports.

i get that, but dimma confided in someone before the players and it was that person who leaked it?

That is just rubbish form and if i were him i would sucker punch them on the way out.

I dont blame the reporter i blame the idiot who leaked it to him.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2023, 11:49:24 PM »

Found out before Balme !!!

It’s a disgrace .. whoever did it needs to go

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2023, 11:50:23 PM »

i get that, but dimma confided in someone before the players and it was that person who leaked it?

That is just rubbish form and if i were him i would sucker punch them on the way out.

This post is 100% correct

The big mouth needs to be king hit

HARD

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2023, 12:00:03 AM »

This post is 100% correct

The big mouth needs to be king hit

HARD
Maybe the girlfriend just couldn’t wait until tomorrow to tell someone :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2023, 12:25:30 AM »
I think the fact we are now a leaky club speaks volumes where we are at and probably need a whole overhaul. Since 2020 things just haven't been the same as they were between 2017-2019. We aren't a mess we just aren't acting like an elite club and not playing like one. Time to review what is working and what isn't and get back to where we should be. Change can be positive.

Agree who ever had leaked this needs to go, absolutely shameful.
Go Tigers!

Broadsword

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2023, 03:59:46 AM »
Oddly enough Wallace announced his resignation after round 10, 2009, which kicked all this off to begin with. Even he coached a farewell game in round 11 though.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2023, 05:03:20 AM »
Damien Hardwick quits Richmond: All the reaction after three-time premiership coach’s shock call

Craig McRae was stunned by Damien Hardwick’s decision to quit, but the former Tigers assistant coach, who served under him, has lauded Hardwick’s contribution to the game.

Lauren Wood
HeraldSun
May 23, 2023

Damien Hardwick coached with “courage” in the face of one of football’s most taxing jobs, current Collingwood coach and former Richmond assistant Craig McRae said on Monday night.

Just 48 hours after Richmond’s one-point loss to Essendon in the Dreamtime at the ‘G game, Hardwick sensationally revealed his decision to quit with 18 months remaining on his contract.

Richmond staff were on Monday night called to an all-club meeting scheduled for Tuesday morning.

McRae said coaching was “a tough job” and that he had been shocked by Hardwick’s call to step down after 14 years as senior coach.

“I’m not going to lie to you. It’s relentless,” McRae said on Fox Footy.

“You get tired. You’ve got to find energy sources. You’re constantly trying to find the right balance to find the right energy to get to your playing group.

“You find the energy for your players and then you get home and you’re exhausted and your wife and family want you to find energy, too.

“This is a tough job. But I’m grateful for it. I know it’s a moment of time in my life ... but you’ve got to find the balance. And he’s done it a long time.”

McRae, who served as Hardwick’s assistant coach from 2017 to 2020, said the timing of the announcement had come to his surprise.

“Having worked with Dimma, he’s an incredible coach and he’s his own person,” he said.

“I’m sure that Richmond footy club will salute him well.”

Richmond launched a full-scale review at the end of 2016 and ultimately backed in Hardwick, who delivered a premiership just 12 months later.

“(When I joined the club) one of the great things Dimma was doing was developing a list to make finals .. his ability just to back himself in and make strong decisions and play young players at the back end of 2016, it took a lot of courage,” McRae recalled.

“He copped a lot of flak for it.

“At that time, the ability for the board and other parts of the business to back him in...2017 was a remarkable year. He changed the game in a lot of ways.

“These memories (of our premiership wins) last forever. I’m so fortunate for my time at Richmond and grateful for having worked with Dimma. He’s an incredible coach.”

A decrease in hunger of as little as “one per cent” may have sparked Hardwick’s decision to walk away from Punt Road, according to former Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley.

It was reported on Monday night that burnout was a factor in the game’s longest-serving current coach’s call.

Ex-Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley, who left the Magpies in 2021, said Hardwick may have felt “not quite as hungry”.

“It’s a little bit about reading the curve and reading the trend, I suppose,” he said on Fox Footy.

“Every coach, especially if you’ve been as successful as Damien Hardwick ... needs to ask himself that question. Am I going to coach the dip?

“This game is so hard to stay up for as long as maybe it might have been 20, 30 years ago. It is cyclical.

“This might be a sign that he doesn’t feel like he has the energy to be able to put in, that he’s not quite as hungry. It might only be one or two per cent off.

“Only he would know exactly what it is. He’s the only one who knows how he feels internally.”

Buckley said “in the end, you are human”.

“You only have so much bandwidth. You nearly deny your own welfare at times to do this job.

“Only he would know what he’s presenting and whether he’s got the energy.

“It shouldn’t surprise us at all if this comes to fruition.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/damien-hardwick-quits-richmond-all-the-reaction-after-threetime-premiership-coachs-shock-call/news-story/fe28d32700d5a9b3be7b291f394116bb