Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96274 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2023, 04:07:53 PM »
IMO Mcqualter has to win both games at marvel to get above the pack.

to date he hasnt really done much to warrant the position as we have only played minnows and still sit outside the 8 where i thought we would always land this year.

Did you think we'd win 6/8 of the last games under Hardwick or Mini?

Only massive disappointment for me was Lions.

Beaten GWS who are going well and Saints who were 6th at the time.

The only game in the last 8 worth mentioning was the PA loss.

We played Gws and they had won just 4 games including a 2 point win against the hawks who were poo at the time and a 1 point win against a depleted sydney they even lost to wce and like us got Geelong in the middle of an injury crisis and won by 7.

As for the saints
their previous 5 games went
rnd 8 won nm by 30. they were getting belted by everyone.
rnd 9 lost ad by 52. thats some hiding.
rnd 10 won gws by 12 who had won just three games to that point.
rnd 11 lost haw by 10 another team in the doldrums.
rnd 12 bye
rnd 13 won syd by 14 who have had their injury woes.
RND 14 Lost to us what to read into it.

I have no doubt if Hardwick had coached every game the result would be similar.
The real point being made is while beating narrowly  other ordinary teams we have lost both games against well credentialled teams in that period.
6 of those games were 50/50 games at worst at least 4 should have been pencilled in wins.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2023, 08:51:51 PM »
I partly agree Crawski.
Last 2 weeks haven’t been great.

GWS was a cracking win and the last time they lost. They are in the 8.
Saints was a good win against a side who were faltering but it was a must win game for them and we rallied to win.
Similarly, the Swans was a cracking game and a great win - we rose to the challenge when they were all over us.

I’d argue Dimma would have led us to losses in all of those games and probably the Freo and Hawks game.

Remember, we dropped games to Essendon, Freo (at home), Goldie (twice), Lolnorf all under Dimma in his last year and a half.
The shine had definitely come off his coaching, particularly when we were challenged.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2023, 01:28:52 AM »
I reckon The Machine is our man if McQualter isn’t

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2023, 08:16:24 PM »
Port Adelaide premiership player Josh Carr rising in estimations at Richmond… the Tigers making early enquiries on the man leading the Power’s midfield.

Go to 1:18 min mark: https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1684137952803422208

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2023, 09:18:21 PM »
Port Adelaide premiership player Josh Carr rising in estimations at Richmond… the Tigers making early enquiries on the man leading the Power’s midfield.

Go to 1:18 min mark: https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1684137952803422208

But what happens say we make finals , perform well in finals and beat Port in Adelaide.. does that then make mini the front runner. A lot of water to pass under the bridge still, but it's possible

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2023, 09:33:21 PM »

Has to be favourite on paper. Multiple clubs, SANFL flag, now senior assistant at Port. His CV is way better than Mini’s

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2023, 09:45:07 PM »

Hasn't been a Captain-Coach since Jezza - long overdue. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2023, 12:46:45 AM »
:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2023, 01:11:21 AM »

Hasn't been a Captain-Coach since Jezza - long overdue. :shh

HHHHAAAARRRGGGHHHH GOLD.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2023, 01:14:46 AM »
Still think Schofield would make a fantastic coach.

I have a feeling in me bones if Simpson should get the arse as he should by the way then the Eagles will be all over him.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2023, 07:19:08 AM »
Still think Schofield would make a fantastic coach.

I have a feeling in me bones if Simpson should get the arse as he should by the way then the Eagles will be all over him.

Simpson is unlikely to the get the flick. Not because she shouldn't but because of that pesky thing called the soft cap. Eagles sack him and pay him out then the payout goes on into the soft cap and will send then over and they have to pay the tax @ 200%. Which media are saying would be $2mil as Simpson is on $1mil a year. So the total cost to sack him is $3mil.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2023, 11:38:56 AM »
Port Adelaide assistant linked to Richmond coaching search

The Tigers’ hunt to find Damien Hardwick’s successor is set to “ramp up”.

Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
July 27, 2023

Port Adelaide assistant Josh Carr is said to be 'rising in estimations' for Richmond's coaching search, potentially rivalling Tigers interim coach Andrew McQualter for the vacancy.

McQualter is seen as the short favourite for the role to succeed his ex-mentor and triple premiership coach Damien Hardwick, who resigned from his duties in May midway through his 14th season at the helm of the Punt Road club.

Since Hardwick's departure, the Tigers have recorded six wins from eight games under McQualter's watch to see their season back on track for a potential finals berth.

The turnaround has led McQualter to move into favouritism for the senior coaching job, however, his candidacy won't come unopposed.

Richmond is set to work through an extensive process to find their next coach, with a sub-committee to lead the search party to be finalised as early as this week.

Among the candidates that could be of interest to the Tigers is Carr, who has been seen as an influential presence on Port Adelaide's strong 2023 campaign. Carr returned to his former club as an assistant coach ahead of this season after three years with Fremantle under Justin Longmuir.

Carr has built a strong coaching CV since calling time on his premiership-winning 2017-game career with the Power and Dockers, having led SANFL side North Adelaide to a flag in his final year with the Roosters before heading to Perth.

Previously an assistant at Alberton from 2011-2015, Carr's second tenure with Port Adelaide has seen his stocks rise, with Richmond said to be showing some level of interest in the 43-year-old.

According to 7 News reporter Mitch Cleary, Carr has emerged as a competitor for McQualter as Richmond looks to "ramp up" its coaching search.

"Richmond has started inquiries around Port Adelaide assistant Josh Carr, who continues to rise in estimations for their coaching vacancy," Cleary said on Wednesday night.

"The Power premiership hero playing a pivotal role in their strong season to date. Just like Craig McRae, (Carr) has state league success.

"The Tigers will finalise their sub-committee in the coming days. The process, which will include caretaker coach Andrew McQualter, to ramp up next week."

Other candidates to potentially join McQualter and Carr include former Brisbane coach and Collingwood's head of strategy Justin Leppitsch and Melbourne assistant Adem Yze.

Yze himself recently expressed a level of interest in the Richmond role, noting he would be "crazy no to" pursue the vacancy if the Tigers showed mutual interest.

After missing out on senior coaching opportunities at GWS and Essendon last year, Yze said he hasn't lost his given up on his dream to step into the hot seat.

"I haven't lost faith," Yze told Triple M last week.

"I really enjoyed both processes I went through with Essendon and GWS, and I got really close.

"In the end it's just a learning experience for me. I've got things I've got to learn and work on, and I understand that. I'll keep pushing forward."

Richmond and McQualter will face Yze's Demon on Sunday at the MCG, with the Tigers a cache of moving into the top eight with a win over Melbourne.

https://www.zerohanger.com/port-adelaide-assistant-linked-to-richmond-coaching-search-140353/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2023, 05:05:47 PM »
From the AFL website:

McQualter has led Richmond to six wins from eight matches since taking over from Damien Hardwick, who quit following the round 10 loss to Essendon.

The golden run under McQualter has lifted the Tigers into 10th spot, just percentage adrift of the top eight.

Andrew McQualter addresses his players during Richmond's clash against Hawthorn in round 19, 2023. Picture: AFL Photos
Applications for Richmond's senior coaching position are set to close this week with interviews to follow.

Ken Hinkley, Adem Yze, Troy Chaplin, Don Pyke, Dean Cox, Ash Hansen, Daniel Giansiracusa, Josh Carr, Corey Enright and Justin Leppitsch are among the names that have been thrown up.

The Tigers confirmed the panel to lead the interviews for their next coach will be led by CEO Brendon Gale and the club's general manager of football performance Tim Livingstone and general manager of football talent Blair Hartley.

Richmond vice-president Henriette Rothschild will also sit on the panel along with Paddy Steinfort and Frank Ponissi, who have been engaged externally. 

McQualter is loving his time in the hot seat and hopes to retain the post.

But the 37-year-old is supportive of the process Richmond is conducting.

"This club has been a really strong club for a reason," McQualter said.

"They're going to run a thorough process, which I fully support and encourage. Whatever happens will happen."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/987888/-whatever-they-decide-tigers-to-let-duo-have-final-say-on-future

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2023, 05:06:23 PM »
Tigers’ burning question: Would a would clinch the 2024 coaching role for already ‘strong favourite’ McQualter?

Having helped turn around Richmond’s season, Andrew McQualter is already the “strong, strong favourite” to land the Tigers coaching role for next year, according to Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph, as the club prepares to kick off the interview process. Since replacing Damien Hardwick mid-season, McQualter has led Richmond to a 6-2 record, keep it in the finals hunt, and ironically after just eight games, has them playing like the Tigers of old. Though Ralph reported on Fox Footy’s On the Couch Richmond is “so worried about the caretaker coach syndrome” given the surplus of cautionary tales, the team’s form under the interim boss has become too hard to ignore. Taking down a genuine flag contender in Melbourne – and potentially climbing into the top eight in the process – would surely make McQualter’s bid undeniable.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-the-blowtorch-round-20-preview-every-clubs-burning-question-fox-footy-commentators-tv-broadcast-guide-fixture-last-news/news-story/2b1477e380aedfc00b2bdc214a4187df

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2023, 05:09:22 PM »
Richmond taps Melbourne Storm, baseball to select their next senior coach

Richmond’s coaching selection panel will move forward with interviews in coming weeks as the makeup of the team selecting the new coach is revealed with some surprising members.

Jon Ralph
HeraldSun
July 27, 2023 - 3:53PM

Melbourne Storm Football Director Frank Ponissi has joined the panel to select the next Richmond senior coach. Picture: AAP Image/Wayne Taylor

Richmond’s coaching selection panel will include Melbourne’s Storm’s football boss and a former Tigers player used by the Boston Red Sox in high performance.

The Tigers announced on Thursday the club’s search for Damien Hardwick’s replacement will include CEO Brendon Gale, football boss Tim Livingstone and list boss Blair Hartley as well as vice president Henriette Rothschild.

The Tigers decided against asking a former AFL football star to be on the panel after Essendon had Robert Walls and Jordan Lewis as part of their coaching search.

Instead Melbourne Storm football boss Frank Ponissi and Football Australia performance director Paddy Steinfort will be part of the panel.

Ponossi is highly regarded in sporting circles and has been approached over recent years about joining an AFL club given his experience as Craig Bellamy’s lieutenant.

He has been the Storm’s general manager of football since 2007.

Steinford didn’t play an AFL game in his five seasons at the Tigers due to injury and after time at Adelaide football club as their high performance manager moved to America as a consultant.

He has worked with Boston, the Philadelphia 76ers, Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Eagles and wrote the book Breakfast With Bails about his experiences with former Melbourne senior coach Dean Bailey during their time at Adelaide.

The club will continue to accept nominations for the senior coaching position until 5pm on Friday before developing a short-list of potential applicants to interview.

Port Adelaide assistant Josh Carr and Essendon’s Daniel Giansiracusa would be strong contenders alongside current interim coach Andrew McQualter.

Richmond president John O’Rourke said on Thursday the club would move forward with interviews in coming weeks.

“Since Damien Hardwick resigned, the Club has spent significant time clarifying exactly what attributes and skills we are looking for in our next senior coach. This process has been completed and we will now move to the next stage of developing a short-list of candidates to participate in panel interviews,” he said.

“We look forward to providing further updates as the process unfolds. While there is no firm timeline on appointing our senior coach, we anticipate the process to be completed by September.”

McQualter said on Thursday he was happy to be involved in the next stage of interviews after he and the club confirmed this month he would need to go through the entire coaching search process.

“I think the applications close tomorrow so we will just go from there and see what happens. This club has been a really strong club for a reason and they are going to run a full process which I fully support and encourage so you know, it’ll happen and whatever happens will happen.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-richmond-tap-melbourne-storm-baseball-to-select-their-next-senior-coach/news-story/60ae3430078cd4366187248669e10a65