Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 95229 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2023, 03:34:38 PM »
What's Big Note up to these days? Did his apprenticeship under Jade the Blade. Wouldn't like to be a non-white player if he gets the job though. :shh
   :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2023, 04:16:22 PM »
Down to Yze and Mcqualter. Yze please
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2023, 05:18:53 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2023, 06:01:33 PM »
Frontrunners emerge as Tigers' coaching search reaches pointy end

By Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
12 September 2023

RICHMOND is getting to the business end of its coaching search, with Andrew McQualter and Adem Yze shaping as the leading contenders for the role.

The Tigers are understood to be reaching the final stages of their process to find the full-time successor for Damien Hardwick, who quit the club mid-season and has joined Gold Coast as its new head coach.

Essendon assistant Daniel Giansiracusa, Hawthorn assistant Chris Newman and Richmond assistant Xavier Clarke had also been on the Tigers' coaching shortlist but are understood to no longer be part of the process.

McQualter steered Richmond through the second half of the season as interim coach and showed his credentials, guiding the Tigers to seven wins from 13 games. He has been an assistant through Richmond's golden premiership run after arriving at the club at the end of 2014.

Yze decided on taking part in the coaching process through Melbourne's finals run, having been close to winning the Greater Western Sydney position last year and also being in the running for Essendon's senior coach job which was filled by Brad Scott.

Richmond had interest in Port Adelaide assistant Josh Carr being part of the process, however, as AFL.com.au revealed last month, he chose to stick with the Power. Highly rated assistant pair Troy Chaplin (Melbourne) and Jaymie Graham (Fremantle) also did not take part in the process.

In announcing their panel to select the next Richmond coach, Tigers president John O'Rourke said the club was aiming for the coaching process to be completed by September with the industry view that an appointment is likely before the Grand Final.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1030976/frontrunners-emerge-as-richmond-tigers-coaching-search-reaches-pointy-end

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2023, 07:10:00 PM »
Yze for me not interested in Mini.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2023, 08:08:06 PM »
Everyone is entitled to an opinion no issue with that at all, but surely we have to trust the likes of Gale and Balme and others who understand the football world and in Brendon’s case management and football to make the right decision . And to top it off those two have a track record second to none .
We all here want the club to go in a particular direction but only those inside the club know all the facts  and thus can act accordingly

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2023, 08:19:17 PM »
Everyone is entitled to an opinion no issue with that at all, but surely we have to trust the likes of Gale and Balme and others who understand the football world and in Brendon’s case management and football to make the right decision . And to top it off those two have a track record second to none .
We all here want the club to go in a particular direction but only those inside the club know all the facts  and thus can act accordingly

Why. They’ve sat on their hands whilst the likes of Fly and Kingsley departed, ignored Dimmas midlife crisis and allow duds like Meehan, Clarke and Sheehan long term contracts. They can pee off also if they appoint Mini.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: September 12, 2023, 10:25:49 PM »
I think club is in safe hands.
More than likely that the next coach will be guiding through some pain and might even be a “transtion” coach as we regenerate list, playing style and development of younger talent.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2023, 05:42:33 AM »
Can anyone shed light on how much involvement/control Mini would have had on team selection??

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2023, 09:12:03 AM »
Can anyone shed light on how much involvement/control Mini would have had on team selection??

He is the coach. He has full control over team selections. Hence why it would be a stuffen disaster if he gets the job.  Jack Graham played every game under his term and he didn’t play Trzise or Brown until the last round

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2023, 02:21:49 PM »

He is the coach. He has full control over team selections. Hence why it would be a stuffen disaster if he gets the job.  Jack Graham played every game under his term and he didn’t play Trzise or Brown until the last round

Full control? Seriously. Ever heard of match committee? He may have had the deciding vote but to say others didn't have any input is laughable.

I'm not saying he should get the job, not saying he will but for people to think he could have totally changed the gameplan/style mid season is ridiculous. that was never going to happen, no matter how much people wanted it or thought it should happen

I would think if he was to get the gig it will because will bring his own philosophies to the table, he would have presented his thoughts on the list, where we are at etc. Mid season I don't think you can't do that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2023, 03:05:37 PM »
From Callum Twomey on SEN:

Richmond coaching job

“Two front-runners have emerged - Interim coach Andrew McQualter and Melbourne assistant Adem Yze.

“They were on the shortlist along Essendon assistant Daniel Giansiracusa, Hawthorn assistant and of course former Tigers skipper Chris Newman, and also Richmond assistant Xavier Clarke.

“My understanding is Newman, Giansiracusa and Clarke are no longer part of the process as it stands.

“So it looks the leading two candidates in there are McQualter and Yze. We know McQualter did a fantastic job in the second half of the season. Yze of course has come close a number of times for GWS and Essendon jobs in the past.

“Expecting a coaching appointment around Grand Final time for the Tigers.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/13/cal-twomeys-trade-draft-and-coaching-update/

Offline HKTigerB

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #537 on: September 13, 2023, 03:45:47 PM »

Full control? Seriously. Ever heard of match committee? He may have had the deciding vote but to say others didn't have any input is laughable.

I'm not saying he should get the job, not saying he will but for people to think he could have totally changed the gameplan/style mid season is ridiculous. that was never going to happen, no matter how much people wanted it or thought it should happen

I would think if he was to get the gig it will because will bring his own philosophies to the table, he would have presented his thoughts on the list, where we are at etc. Mid season I don't think you can't do that

Given the way he deferred to Tim Livingstone in a couple of sessions he had with members I'd argue that he had some clear guidelines around his role as interim coach.  I got the distinct impression that Tim was clearly managing certain key elements of the MC.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #538 on: September 13, 2023, 04:17:34 PM »

Given the way he deferred to Tim Livingstone in a couple of sessions he had with members I'd argue that he had some clear guidelines around his role as interim coach.  I got the distinct impression that Tim was clearly managing certain key elements of the MC.

totally agree

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #539 on: September 13, 2023, 08:34:55 PM »
Retired Tigers great backs McQualter for top job

By AAP
13 September 2023

RETIRED triple-premiership captain Trent Cotchin believes Andrew McQualter has the attributes to make a "brilliant" senior coach and can steer Richmond back into the finals next season.

McQualter took the reins when Damien Hardwick stepped down in May and remains in contention to be appointed the new Gold Coast coach's full-time successor at Punt Road.

AFL.com.au has reported that Melbourne assistant Adem Yze is also in the running having narrowly missed out on the Greater Western Sydney job to former Tigers assistant Adam Kingsley last year.

Fellow assistant coaches Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon), Chris Newman (Hawthorn) and Xavier Clarke (Richmond) had also been on Richmond's shortlist but, as AFL.com.au reported on Tuesday, the trio is no longer part of the process.

Cotchin worked closely with McQualter after the former St Kilda and Gold Coast utility's arrival at Richmond in 2014, initially in a development role, and backed the 37-year-old to step into the full-time senior coaching position.

"From an attributes point of view, he's got everything that's required to be a brilliant senior coach," Cotchin told reporters on Wednesday.

"His ideas and plans, if he was to be the successful candidate, are really exciting for the club.

"But I'm sure the club are doing everything they can to select the right person for the role to take (them) forward."

McQualter had a positive 7-6 record as interim coach but Richmond finished 13th, two wins outside the top eight.

Cotchin was not at all surprised by the way McQualter seamlessly stepped in to fill the void left by Hardwick.

"I expected him to be brilliant at what he did," Cotchin said.

"He's so invested in the players and the care and making sure that he maximises the talent that's on the list.

"It's always hard when the finals opportunity gets taken away from you, which happened probably two or three weeks out from finals. Keeping a team motivated is really hard.

"But the way that they performed in the last round with a few players out was really special and significant."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1031171/retired-tigers-great-trent-cotchin-backs-andrew-mcqualter-for-top-job