Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 92949 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2023, 08:45:49 PM »
I'm not sure on Livingston his dropped the ball last couple of years.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #541 on: September 14, 2023, 09:30:20 PM »
a few on other platforms going early with Yze

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: September 15, 2023, 01:14:09 PM »
Hopefully Dees lose tonight so we can find out

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #543 on: September 15, 2023, 03:10:58 PM »
Hopefully Dees lose tonight so we can find out

I want to find out but can wait another week if it means Carlton are out

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #544 on: September 15, 2023, 03:42:36 PM »
I can wait 3 weeks if it means the match day coach of the current premiers is the next tiger coach  :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: September 15, 2023, 04:16:48 PM »
I can wait 3 weeks if it means the match day coach of the current premiers is the next tiger coach  :shh

Welcome back Leppa!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: September 15, 2023, 04:28:57 PM »

Welcome back Leppa!

Ha ha. Leppa is a proven assistant, we know this.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #547 on: September 15, 2023, 06:50:13 PM »
I want hodge and Leppa at the club, make it happen, in all honesty we can have dual captains, y not a dual coach??

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: September 15, 2023, 10:35:54 PM »
Interesting to see if an announcement comes soon now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #549 on: September 15, 2023, 10:52:07 PM »
Interesting to see if Melbourne going out in straight sets two years in row will affect Yze's chances. It shouldn't as he is their midfield/stoppage coach and not responsible for their chokers up in their forward line.

For me, whoever the new coach is will need to totally rejig our gameplan and re-educate our players on the basics especially defensively. Win, lose or draw, we need to get back to protecting the defensive side of stoppages and contests as well as improving our tackling technique.   

It's hard to know from the outside what conversations and presentations have been given during the coaching selection process. If Mini was hampered by taking over the team midseason from making major gameplan changes in-season and has promised to introduce them over the upcoming preseason then fair enough. However, Mini shouldn't get the gig if he wants us basically playing the same way next year as this year.

Interesting to see if an announcement comes soon now.
Presumably it will be during the week after the Grand Final, so the announcement gets the maximum media attention.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2023, 11:03:15 PM »
Given the three re-signings announced  today it's probably Mini and more of the same old same old. :sleep
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #551 on: September 16, 2023, 05:51:23 AM »
Adem Yze in multiple interviews across the pre-match said he has a final interview with Richmond's panel next week before a decision is made. He hasn't been told this but the feeling is it's him or Andrew McQualter, who still has every strong admirers within Richmond.

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1702613720327970945

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: September 16, 2023, 08:55:28 AM »
Didn't Yze say last week his done his part at Richmond interview wise doesn't make sense.

Yze is not the head coach of the dees let's not forget that. His line is the midfield and both games dees we're dominant in the guts. Previously he had the defence which looked much stronger.

The process has taken way to long for liking other clubs are in to trade targets and list management and we haven't got a coach or  assistants around him.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #553 on: September 16, 2023, 09:32:14 AM »
Didn't Yze say last week his done his part at Richmond interview wise doesn't make sense.

Yze is not the head coach of the dees let's not forget that. His line is the midfield and both games dees we're dominant in the guts. Previously he had the defence which looked much stronger.

The process has taken way to long for liking other clubs are in to trade targets and list management and we haven't got a coach or  assistants around him.

No what Yze said was he was done for now and the Club said they'd be in contact with him again in a couple of weeks.

I should think it's called respect and the respecting him and his position at a Club in the finals. He may not be head coach but he is the senior assistant at the over rated Dees

The process hasn't taken too long IMHO. The most significant appointment in over a decade that the Club needs to get right. They should be taking their time.

And have you ever considered that all candidates would have given their views on the list and what it needs etc. So our list management team would actually know what to look for?

Given the three re-signings announced  today it's probably Mini and more of the same old same old. :sleep

There were 5 re-signings announced yesterday  :shh

But Given the 3 I'm sure you're talking about had trigger clauses in their existing contracts there isn't much any in coming coach, whoever that maybe can do about it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #554 on: September 16, 2023, 09:32:45 AM »
Won't be long now  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)