Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 76712 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #585 on: September 19, 2023, 04:23:08 PM »
He has a 100% chance that the person who will be announced is either Yze or McQualter

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #586 on: September 19, 2023, 06:10:31 PM »
POLL | Richmond fans - who do you want as your senior coach out of the two remaining contenders?

Andrew McQualter  24.5%
Adem Yze              75.5%

343 votes

https://twitter.com/DwaynesWorldSEN/status/1703962977077174741

I think if you could poll all tiger supporters and they all voted that would be a reflection of what they think.
Reckon most thinking supporters acknowledge the need to go outside the club for new ideas and an unbiased view of where the club is at and where the players are at.

Long term invested people imo are not capable of being objective enough.

Time to find the next group of players over the next 5 - 8 years and find the new system that gives us an edge over everyone.
To me that has to come from outside the back slapping boys club we are becoming.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: September 19, 2023, 06:58:02 PM »
It’s interesting.
We have 2 of the last 3 senior coaches that have been appointed from the assistants and they are both in prelims this weekend.
Finally, we’ve actually become a breeding ground for senior coaching and we want “outsider ideas”.

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: September 19, 2023, 08:10:35 PM »
What a joke. An exclusive about nothing

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #590 on: September 19, 2023, 08:31:31 PM »
POLL | Richmond fans - who do you want as your senior coach out of the two remaining contenders?

Andrew McQualter  24.5%
Adem Yze              75.5%

343 votes

https://twitter.com/DwaynesWorldSEN/status/1703962977077174741

I think if you could poll all tiger supporters and they all voted that would be a reflection of what they think.
Reckon most thinking supporters acknowledge the need to go outside the club for new ideas and an unbiased view of where the club is at and where the players are at.

Long term invested people imo are not capable of being objective enough.

Time to find the next group of players over the next 5 - 8 years and find the new system that gives us an edge over everyone.
To me that has to come from outside the back slapping boys club we are becoming.

spot on

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #591 on: September 19, 2023, 08:38:44 PM »

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1704055989153210713

what a laugh

anyone else they want to get for an expert opinion? Sam Kekovich, Robbie walls again?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #592 on: September 19, 2023, 09:20:17 PM »
Quote from: @BFtigercast
Pretty confident the search was over a few days ago, Yze to be announced shortly
Quote from: Luke Brazier
Confident when it’s from you… good source?
Quote from: @BFtigercast
2 x people with very very good sources and track record confirmed the same thing to me seperate of each other.

@Grockadoc was 1 and the other is Nick who has been the one responsible for all our past player guests, so contacts are pretty solid!
https://twitter.com/BFtigercast/status/1704061303596429615

------------

And posted this arvo (at 3pm):
Quote from: David Barrot
Wouldn’t be surprised if @Richmond_FC make an announcement on the coach tomorrow- currently directors of the board arriving at the club and parking behind closed gates
https://twitter.com/freakyherc/status/1704000316746895663

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #593 on: September 19, 2023, 09:55:33 PM »
Richmond coach clue as Tigers chief spotted in meeting with Adem Yze and Nathan Buckley

Richmond are just days away from announcing their new coach after a three-hour long interview.

Cameron Noakes
Seven
19 September 2023

Richmond’s long search for a new coach is racing to an end and 7NEWS cameras have captured Tigers chief Brendon Gale in a meeting with top candidate Adem Yze.

7NEWS can also reveal that former Collingwood coach and Brownlow medallist Nathan Buckley has emerged as a “surprise” key player.

It now appears the Victorian powerhouse AFL club has just taken a big step to replacing their three-time premiership mastermind Damien Hardwick after a three-hour long meeting in Richmond on Tuesday.

Hardwick stunned the AFL world when he announced he was quitting the club in May this year.

Former St Kilda forward Andrew McQualter took the reins as interim coach after Hardwick’s departure, and it has largely been seen as a race in two between McQualter and Yze (an assistant at Melbourne) since.

Nathan Buckley was spotted at the Richmond meeting. Credit: Seven

Mitch Cleary speaks to Adem Yze after the interview wrapped up. Credit: Seven

With Melbourne’s season ending on Friday, Richmond have now positioned themselves to make an announcement soon.

7NEWS AFL reporter Mitch Cleary spotted the key figures on the heavyweight panel leaving the meeting on Tuesday.

“It certainly was a surprise to see Nathan Buckley part of the Tigers’ coaching search today as it reaches decision time at Punt Road,” Cleary said.

“The former Collingwood coach (was) part of a three-hour meeting in the heart of Richmond .... as an expert consultant.”

Cleary believes the Tigers are just days away from landing on Hardwick’s successor

Others who were caught on camera included former Tigers captain Trent Cotchin and Melbourne Storm general manager Frank Ponissi.

Gale told 7NEWS that the panel had a valuable mix of perspectives from former leaders, coaches and - in both Buckley and Cotchin - captains.

Mitch Cleary speaks to Tigers chief Brendon Gale. Credit: Seven

Brendon Gale says progress is being made a decision should be soon. Credit: Seven

Yze narrowly missed out on the Greater Western Sydney job to former Tigers assistant Adam Kingsley last year.

He was also pipped at the post by Brad Scott when Essendon named their new coach at the end of last season.

But Yze said he was feeling confident this time.

“It was a good meeting,” Yze told Cleary.

“I’m not sure how it’s going to go. (I) can’t comment too much. They’ve got some decisions to make (but) it was good fun.

“I feel like I’ve presented really well so hopefully that’s enough and we’ll see how we go,” Yze told 7NEWS.

Gale said they were “making good progress”.

“It’s a very exciting process and one that’ll be re-energising (for the club),” Gale said.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-clue-as-tigers-chief-spotted-in-meeting-with-adem-yze-and-nathan-buckley-c-11950127

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #594 on: September 19, 2023, 10:02:25 PM »
David Zita on Fox Footy provides an update on the Richmond coaching search. 👀

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1704062671123837332

-------------------------------------------------

Who do you think will be the next Richmond coach between McQualter and Yze?

Robbo and Whateley on AFL360 tonight:

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1704070295861010578

The media don't have a clue who it will be.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #595 on: September 19, 2023, 10:46:59 PM »
Not sure the fact Yze had another needing today is a clue

Seeing the man himself said he was having his 2nd interview this week  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #596 on: September 20, 2023, 06:18:43 AM »
I am glad the club is taking its time in making the decision. It is a big decision to make and importantly the club appears to be undertaking a thorough approach. A rushed decision could lead to  a very poor decision being made.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #597 on: September 20, 2023, 08:30:53 AM »
I am glad the club is taking its time in making the decision. It is a big decision to make and importantly the club appears to be undertaking a thorough approach. A rushed decision could lead to  a very poor decision being made.

:clapping :clapping

Exactly

Also love the fact the media haven't got a clue who it will be. No longer a leaking bucket :shh
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #598 on: September 20, 2023, 08:47:08 AM »

:clapping :clapping

Exactly

Also love the fact the media haven't got a clue who it will be. No longer a leaking bucket :shh

That wasn't a normal meeting yesterday 3 hours that was finalising a appointment.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: September 20, 2023, 10:39:26 AM »
Interesting to see Buckley there