Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 70839 times)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2023, 11:16:25 AM »
Interesting to see Ch7 there.  Clearly, they weren't invited. Cotchin leaking the details to his new employer?  Pathetic if that was the case.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #601 on: September 20, 2023, 11:33:19 AM »
Interesting to see Ch7 there.  Clearly, they weren't invited. Cotchin leaking the details to his new employer?  Pathetic if that was the case.
They would be parked there in anticipation of an outcome. No leaking is required.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #602 on: September 20, 2023, 01:32:01 PM »

That wasn't a normal meeting yesterday 3 hours that was finalising a appointment.

Perhaps, McQualter was having a 2nd interview too, perhaps it was Monday or even today

but point is the Club has not been rushed into making the appointment. They have rightly taken their time. Despite a number on here saying it's taking too long

Ummm Yze said last week in an interview he had 2nd meeting on Tuesday of this week. All any of the media needed to do was send a young cadet out to follow what Yze was doing..  Ch7 interviewed him as he was leaving not arriving  :shh

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: September 20, 2023, 01:52:10 PM »
No one knows what’s transpired or transpiring at present and the sycophants are getting upset.
Brilliantly done by the club.
They’ve release what they want released, eg: candidates but this was done by the media perhaps given to them by the club  as to shut them up..
Timeline was set at the beginning and will be adhered to.
Panel names given, in who will be selecting the new coach.
I’d much prefer this than previous shenanigans by  Bombers and Blooze both of these clubs ran their appointments through the media.
Calm down, sit down and relax.
Enjoy your day.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: September 20, 2023, 02:05:12 PM »
I have a little insight. It’s 100% professional.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #605 on: September 20, 2023, 02:06:06 PM »
The Cotchin part I don't agree with he throwed his support last week behind Mini.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: September 20, 2023, 02:06:55 PM »

Enlighten us, please ?.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: September 20, 2023, 02:32:34 PM »
They would be parked there in anticipation of an outcome. No leaking is required.

The meeting was at an off-site location to specifically avoid the media.  It was leaked for sure.  The only one present that works for Ch7 was Cotch so makes sense it was him.  He shouldn't have been invited in the 1st place. 

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #608 on: September 20, 2023, 02:49:15 PM »
Just when I thought I’d be bored during the finals , with Richmond not in it .
This is the best entertainment going around , a classic who done it .. or in this case who is it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #609 on: September 20, 2023, 04:15:01 PM »
‘He’s so ready’: Tigers coaching race down to two as AFL greats asked to help make final call

Ben Waterworth
Fox Sports
September 20th, 2023

Richmond would be acquiring “a real diamond” if it appointed Melbourne assistant Adem Yze, according to AFL 360 co-host Gerard Whateley, as the club’s hunt for its next senior coach reaches its crescendo.

The Tigers’ selection process has hit the final stage, with the last two contenders – Yze and Andrew McQualter – being put through their final interviews this week.

Collingwood legend Nathan Buckley and recently-retired triple premiership captain Trent Cotchin were asked by the Tigers to help with the back-end of the interview process and, subsequently, the committee’s recommendation to the club’s board.

Yze’s first presentation to the Tigers came during the pre-finals bye period before having a second interview on Tuesday. He was spotted by 7 News Melbourne leaving his interview.

“It was a good meeting,” Yze told 7 News Melbourne.

“I’m not sure how it’s going to go. (I) can’t comment too much. They’ve got some decisions to make (but) it was good fun.

“I feel like I’ve presented really well so hopefully that’s enough and we’ll see how we go.”

McQualter was at the helm for 13 matches, for a 7-6 win-loss record, after three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick’s shock departure 10 rounds into the season.

But Yze, who’s currently an assistant coach at Melbourne after a successful stint at the Hawks, is right in the hunt to win his first senior gig.

Yze last year finished second to Adam Kingsley for the Giants job and was also strongly considered by Essendon before it landed on Brad Scott. Prior to that, he was one of the final candidates for the Adelaide coaching job, which was ultimately won by Matthew Nicks.

“We’ve watched McQualter in the job and he was very impressive in the way he handled it and presented himself. He’s got those inherent relationships already with so much of the Richmond group,” Whateley told AFL 360 on Tuesday night.

“Adem Yze has been running the box at Melbourne for a couple of years while Simon Goodwin has been down on the bench. He is so ready … He’s right on the cusp and I suspect whichever club ends up choosing him is going to get a real diamond there.

“From the outside, they look like two great choices.”

Yze and McQualter still remain in the hunt for the gig after highly-credentialed assistants Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon), Chris Newman (Hawthorn) and Xavier Clarke (Richmond) didn’t make it to the second round.

AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson said the Tigers’ decision would come down to how much strategy needed to change.

“Do they want a guy like Adem Yze coming in from the outside from a pretty successful footy club in Melbourne – he’s the ball movement coach which has come under heat in recent weeks – and get new ideas as they go forward? Or Andew McQualter, who’s been with Damien Hardwick in a pretty successful period and style of football, and go in that fashion?” Robinson asked on AFL 360.

McQualter after the Tigers’ Round 24 loss to Port Adelaide said he was looking forward to the final stages of the process.

“I have loved the opportunity I have been given … I feel like I have grown a lot in the last three months,” McQualter told reporters.

“Like any time you start a new job, even though I had seen it first-hand for a while, I was pretty green so I’ve learnt a lot, been really well supported, and I’ve loved every minute of it.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2023-adem-yze-spotted-in-richmond-coach-interview-andrew-mcqualter-nathan-buckley-trent-cotchin/news-story/8d9234dcc4b000dba4dbab5c700c2e6e

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #610 on: September 20, 2023, 04:22:05 PM »
THE UNUSUAL SCENARIO SURROUNDING RICHMOND’S COACHING SEARCH

Andrew Slevison
SEN
20 September 2023

Richmond’s process to find a new head coach has seen the club call on a pair of famous names to help in the final stages.

Recently retired premiership captain Trent Cotchin and Collingwood great Nathan Buckley were consulting on the coaching vacancy on Tuesday as the Tigers prepare to make their decision on who replaces Damien Hardwick.

Interim Tigers coach Andrew McQualter and Melbourne assistant Adem Yze are the final two candidates remaining, but which way will the club go?

Channel 7’s Mitch Cleary provided some information on the matter and the unusual scenario surrounding the presence of Cotchin and Buckley.

“I was a bit surprised to see Nathan Buckley and Trent Cotchin as part of that (process),” Cleary said on SEN Breakfast.

“The Richmond footy club had announced their sub-committee to find the next coach the best part of six weeks ago now.

“Nathan Buckley and Trent Cotchin weren’t part of that, but they’ve been brought in in the last week by (CEO) Brendon Gale to provide what he explained as some recent experience and some fresh voice on the Richmond coaching appointment.

“Nathan Buckley spent three hours yesterday at the Richmond office a block or two away from the Punt Road facility and met with the heavyweights. Brendon Gale was in there, the head of footy Tim Livingstone, the head of talent Blair Hartley was also in that room.

“Then Trent Cotchin was brought in as well, so I’m keen to see what he has to say tonight (on Channel 7’s Talking Finals). He did the old pretend to be on the phone as he walked out.”

Cleary believes that the new additions to the coaching search have been welcomed by the incumbent group which includes Melbourne Storm’s Frank Ponissi and key members of the Richmond board and football department.

“It’s pretty unusual given that those on the committee (have been there the whole way through) - Frank Ponissi from the Melbourne Storm, key members of the board and the footy department, they’ve had an analyst in from Football Australia as well,” Cleary added.

“So it surprises me that those people have been through every step of the journey and then Buckley and Cotchin come in at the very last minute. Brendon Gale is as experienced as anyone, he knows what he’s doing, so who am I to question that?

“Sometimes in previous times when these things have happened those that have been a part of every step of the journey and have had someone come in last minute may get their noses out of joint, but they all seem to be pretty united.

“They’ve got a decision to make.”

It is understood that Yze is rated as the slight favourite ahead of McQualter who oversaw a 7-6 record during his stint as caretaker.

“Adem Yze presented yesterday. He’s been awfully close a couple of times. He was pipped by Brad Scott at Essendon and we know he ran second to Adam Kingsley (at GWS),” Cleary said further.

“For me he’d be in front right now. There was a line from Brendon Gale yesterday saying that the appointment will reenergise the club. Andrew McQualter has been there for 10 years and Adam Yze has had experience under ‘Clarko’ (Alastair Clarkson) at Hawthorn and was a big part of Melbourne’s premiership (in 2021).

“I think they are split and there is positive noise coming out around Adem Yze, but Andrew McQualter showed he’s well and truly up for the job after what he did as interim (coach).”

A decision on the Richmond coaching job is expected around Grand Final time.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/20/the-unusual-scenario-surrounding-richmonds-coaching-search/

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: September 20, 2023, 05:53:39 PM »

Enlighten us, please ?.

Nope. Won’t do that. But it’s far more professional and robust that anyone on this forum could even dream of.

It would be fair to say we are not north.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: September 20, 2023, 07:52:50 PM »
The media articles are full of fluff.
No concrete information whatsoever
Again the club is running the agenda here not the media.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #613 on: September 21, 2023, 03:50:01 AM »
Cotch on Talking Finals last night:

Cleary: Trent, tell how this [meeting] eventuated and how you were a part of the Adem Yze interview? How were you brought into this at the last minute?

Cotch: Bucks and I [were there] in an observation role. Later stages given the two candidates. Just wanted a more recent insight from not only a playing view, but also Bucks has had his own journey as coach for 9-10 years I think and was a brilliant player himself. Just getting some insights from us from our point of view but also knowing they [RFC] have a great selection committee that are going to make the right decision for the Richmond footy club.

Selwood: So Cotch, what did you pick up on that the Tigers want in a coach?

Cotch: Look, when you've had success, it's hard to maintain that desire and hunger. Both coaches (McQualter & Yze) has a real understanding of what is required for the older players. But, also a balance in the demographic they are going to be dealing with.  We've got some youth there as well that need to be inspired and the coach needs to demand excellence. So, that's definitely on ...

Brayshaw: How are you remaining impartial given you are close to Andrew McQualter having worked closely with him?

Cotch: Look, it comes down to the maturity of it. I'm not suggesting I'm a very mature person [laughs]. I love Mini. I think he is a fantastic person. He's a brilliant coach. And whether it is the Richmond job or another senior gig, he will be a senior coach at some stage. But [I'm] very much just sitting there and understand obviously the rooms were very different because [there's] someone who has close relationships with a lot of people inside the room and someone who is new to that environment. They were different interviews but both very impressive.

Watson: There's a Richmond system which he [McQualter] already knows and then you're bringing in someone [Yze] from the outside who doesn't understand that Richmond system. Is that a risk in any way?

Cotch: I don't know if it's a risk. Sometimes when you've been successful, you do need to evolve. And whether that's someone who's been inside your system and has some ideas that now with a senior coach role they can potentially start implementing some of those, or someone who has been in a different environment that can bring a different element and freshness with some new ideas they've seen over their journey.

https://7plus.com.au/talking-finals?episode-id=TAFI23-003

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #614 on: September 21, 2023, 04:04:25 AM »
From Fox Footy's 'Midweek Tackle' last night:

Sam Landsberger: Speaking to Melbourne people last week, they were bracing that Adem Yze would go. They were anticipating that he would get the job. I think Ralphy, a decision is two days away?

Jon Ralph: Yeah, I think it's a Friday decision. They need more time. There was a board meeting that was scheduled last night. No decision had been made there. So, the panel has taken time to get together. Paddy Steinfort is overseas. There's no prospect of McQualter missing out on the job and staying. He would leave. That's my understanding. You've got to set yourself up for the next gig.

Landsberger: So, like [caretaker coach] McVeigh last year at the Giants?

Ralph: You built up these great relationships with the players then all of a sudden Yze comes in and you're feeling uncomfortable about it. If I'm him [McQualter], I'm saying get me to Perth. Adam Simpson, who knows what happens there? Or get me to the Whitten Oval.

Landsberger: So, you're trying to get him to where a coach is under pressure?

Ralph: No doubt. That's what a smart manager would do and what a smart coach would do.

https://kayosports.com.au/shows/show-midweek-tackle!136479